Wow. Matthews fined

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no doubt the dumbest fine I have ever seen in the NFL, it's starting to get ridiculous the NFL is so money hungry, they fine people for touchdown celebrations all the time just let the players have some fun its supposed to be fun. but come on fined $5000 for wearing the "wrong" colored shoes how stupid.

You do realize that the money is donated to charity, right? The NFL doesn't keep the fine money.

Also, since the money is donated to charity, the players get to write the amount of the fine off on their taxes. So really, it doesn't impact them either.

Really, this is much ado about nothing. The players know the rules, Clay opted to break them, he got the fine. Nothing to see, move along.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
You do realize that the money is donated to charity, right? The NFL doesn't keep the fine money.

Also, since the money is donated to charity, the players get to write the amount of the fine off on their taxes. So really, it doesn't impact them either.

Really, this is much ado about nothing. The players know the rules, Clay opted to break them, he got the fine. Nothing to see, move along.

Regardless of it going to a good cause don't get me wrong I love the fact that it goes to kids who need it i'm all for it, i'm just simply saying that it's not a good reason to fine someone

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
How come they don't have testicular cancer awareness? the color could be blue.
Believe May is that month and the NFL isn't played in May. I agree with Forget Favre on the Pink, the Komen breast cancer awareness is pretty bad that most things colored Pink could be thought of is support of her foundation.

See the problem with the fine is they advertise the shoes even more and Matthews sponsorship for the shoes goes up.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Harrison shoulda shut his *** up last year then. All that $ he donated.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how much less the NFL gives of their actual money to charities since they're giving so much of it from the players?

/Conspiracy Theory ended

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Besides more men die annually of prostate cancer than women of breast cancer. Since the majority consumer of this sport is men and 100% of it's competitors are men, where is the month for Prostate Cancer awareness?
Yeah and doesn't it sorta, in a way, make them look like perverts because they want to save the breasts?
I don't think you'll ever see a dude wearing a "Save the ta-tas" T shirt.
Cancer is such a household word that do we really need to be reminded of it for a month?
Especially for those of us who have either survived it or know of family members or friends who have had it?

I mean, my partner's niece is a recent breast cancer survivor and we don't need to know about it once a week when it was almost in our faces every day. Sheesh.

On a side note, the pink the players wear: Is it really pink? It's not the same pink that girls wear. It's a darker shade. I guess to be more manly. How lame is that? Have them wear the girly pink or not at all.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there is a rule and if Clay knowingly violated it, then he should pay the fine. I don't like some of the speed limits in my area either, but if I knowingly violate them I should expect to pay the fine. If it is a bad rule, change the rule. If it is the rule, everyone should be held accountable -- even the Claymaker.
Your comparing a law, which is more serious and can cause harm (Going over the speed limit) to a harmless rule.
I agree with you about following the speed limit (Since I do that as much as I can-Others speed by me all the time. Even in school zones! Morons.) however what Clay did is completly harmless with no consequences of victims.
These fines are getting out of hand.
There should be some freedom of choice. When there isn't then it gets to be more like a dictatorship which the NFL is looking more and more like under Roger Goddell.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get what you guys are saying about the pink paws, but I lost somebody I loved to breast cancer, so those pink paws mean a great deal to me. Sure you can sit there and say cancer is cancer, why not do something for pancreatic cancer (something that I was once almost diagnosed with) or any other cancer but try telling that to someone who lost a loved one to breast cancer. Try saying that if your Mom, sister, wife/ gf has it. I really appreciate these guys standing up for something. There is far too much hurt and anger in this world, perhaps instead of looking at it that way, look at the good it's doing. That research could save somebody you love one day, and you will never look upon those pink paws the same way again.

GigaPaladin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly believe the NFL has a conspiracy against the Pack and wholeheartedly demand a full investigation of this matter. I will not rest until the perpetrators of this particular heinous deed are punished. I am working overtime on my emails to help rectify this situation and get to the bottom of this matter.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your comparing a law, which is more serious and can cause harm (Going over the speed limit) to a harmless rule.
I agree with you about following the speed limit (Since I do that as much as I can-Others speed by me all the time. Even in school zones! Morons.) however what Clay did is completly harmless with no consequences of victims.
There should be some freedom of choice. When there isn't then it gets to be more like a dictatorship which the NFL is looking more and more like under Roger Goddell.

A dictatorship is a form of government. This is a job. Employees have required dress whether they flip burgers or sack quarterbacks.

And again, this is not new. It's not a Goodell thing, it's a Rozelle thing.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
It would be really hard to have a month for every type of cancer. I personally appreciate th NFL supporting October as breast cancer awareness month. I lost my mom to melanoma but don't feel slighted because they don't have a melanoma month. An effort to any cancer is better than none at all. Let's help save 2nd base.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score

Are you going to feel that way when your kids break one of your rules? A rule is a rule is a rule. Clay knew the rule. Clay was advised before he did it what the consequences would be. Clay chose to do it anyway. As I said, if it is a bad rule, then get rid of it, but if it is a rule then it should be enforced. Law is just another word for a rule. Motor vehicle laws are known as the "rules of the road." You have absolutely NO right to pick and choose which ones you think are important and obey those, but violate the ones YOU don't think are all that important. That sir, is anarchy -- and I much prefer our republic.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly believe the NFL has a conspiracy against the Pack and wholeheartedly demand a full investigation of this matter. I will not rest until the perpetrators of this particular heinous deed are punished. I am working overtime on my emails to help rectify this situation and get to the bottom of this matter.
Your humor is appreciated.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hey, just an aside here ... know who the NFL's uniform inspection **** is when the Packers play at Lambeau?

You sitting?

None other than #24. You know him, you love him... you probably best remember him as Green Bay Packer Hall of Famer and current hall of fame teacher at Sybil Hopp grade school ... #24 in your game program and #1 in your little ol' Green and Gold hearts... Johhhhhhnnnnie Gray .... :)

Apologies to Havel for stealing his "hall of fame teacher" schtick....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

The NFL is a business, they want their employees to dress accordingly, just like in any other business..

If you work at McDonalds, you need to wear their uniform and if that inclues a certain shoe, you are expected to wear it...You are not hurting anyone by wearing a shoe that might be more comfortable, just like Clay..

But if it isn't the one they want you to wear, then guess what? You might be written up..

I think you are blowing this way out of proportion

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
There are sponsors for the NFL...If you are wearing something that is not sponsored by them, (Nike, Under Armour, Gatorade etc...) Then yeah you should be fined...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL is a business, they want their employees to dress accordingly, just like in any other business..

If you work at McDonalds, you need to wear their uniform and if that inclues a certain shoe, you are expected to wear it...You are not hurting anyone by wearing a shoe that might be more comfortable, just like Clay..

But if it isn't the one they want you to wear, then guess what? You might be written up..

I think you are blowing this way out of proportion
Well it's not like Clay is going out and murdering children, is it?
Wears the "wrong" shoes?
It's harmless. BFD.
The NFL is fine happy and their gestapo rules are getting out of control and just ridiculous.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If he did I'm sure it would be that muscle disorder he did a PSA for.

Excuse me, it isnt a disorder, it is a disease...The worse kind of muscular dystrophy a young kid can get..

It is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy--it KILLS every boy that gets it...My son has it

By age 10 or so boys can no longer walk

By age 14-16 they need a breathing machine

By age 20 their heart gives out

Members online

Latest posts