Woodson!

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:
Didn't Woodson take time off practice a few days over the bye? Maybe he really was hurt and not just making excuses in the other games. If so, I like what the "healthy" Woodson looks like.
Hey, long time raider fan here, been watching you guys play a bit and rooting for ya since my fave player signed with you :thumbsup: .

You are really gonna like what this guy brings when he is healthy. He is an absolute monster of a tackler, and can really lock a guy down. He doesn't make many big picks etc but he rarely gives up a big play. Charles is a flat out stud, good luck to the Packers with him, I'll be rooting for ya every Sunday that you aren't playing the Silver and Black

:welcome:

That's good to hear. My buddy who's a Raider fan (I live in California now) thought Woodson's the best in the NFL when he wants to be, but calls him lazy and injury prone. I'm hoping his assessment is wrong and yours is right. We'll see as the year goes on, but this was one of the few games I was able to see on TV (went to a friend's house who had the NFL package) and I was impressed by Woodson's coverage.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:
Didn't Woodson take time off practice a few days over the bye? Maybe he really was hurt and not just making excuses in the other games. If so, I like what the "healthy" Woodson looks like.
Hey, long time raider fan here, been watching you guys play a bit and rooting for ya since my fave player signed with you :thumbsup: .

You are really gonna like what this guy brings when he is healthy. He is an absolute monster of a tackler, and can really lock a guy down. He doesn't make many big picks etc but he rarely gives up a big play. Charles is a flat out stud, good luck to the Packers with him, I'll be rooting for ya every Sunday that you aren't playing the Silver and Black

Welcome to the Packer Forum Celtic Raider.

This is really a great board, and there are a great deal of wonderful, and wise football fans here. Infact there is not one person here I do not respect for their opinin. It is the nature of the Packer Fan.

There is also the few that may be challenged, but still loved. However, I am sure they will come around with the wisdom of posts from all of the regulars.

Celtic Raider Fan...... Welcome. Be a Packer Backer here first, and second on Sunday. The best of the best is having the Packers to love, as well as the Raiders to love.

Two storied franchises with a history.

The only challenge we will have is when the Pack and Raiders play in the Super Bowl.

R.P.

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
PackFanInSC said:

Welcome to the Packer Forum Celtic Raider.

This is really a great board, and there are a great deal of wonderful, and wise football fans here. Infact there is not one person here I do not respect for their opinin. It is the nature of the Packer Fan.

There is also the few that may be challenged, but still loved. However, I am sure they will come around with the wisdom of posts from all of the regulars.

Celtic Raider Fan...... Welcome. Be a Packer Backer here first, and second on Sunday. The best of the best is having the Packers to love, as well as the Raiders to love.

Two storied franchises with a history.

The only challenge we will have is when the Pack and Raiders play in the Super Bowl.

R.P.

Yup. 2007 season. :thumbsup:

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully Woodson got the rust knocked of now and will be on a roll for the rest of the season.
Here is to hoping he can stay healthy! :packbeer:

If only we could get better at the safety positions. I hope Collins is only in a sophomore slump.
Manuel? IMHO he was just a flat out mistake!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't make me smite ya, rabid!! ;)

seriously though - one thing that kinda bugs me is that when a guy has ONE good game, suddenly he's the 'answer' we've been looking for & worth everything we've paid him.

maybe it's just me being cynical but i'd like to see somebody produce week in & week out - woodson hasn't done that, imho.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He did miss practice this last week. He certianly wasn't healthy but sure played well. He was a game time decision as to whether he would even play. Looks like he should play hurt more often!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
don't make me smite ya, rabid!! ;)

seriously though - one thing that kinda bugs me is that when a guy has ONE good game, suddenly he's the 'answer' we've been looking for & worth everything we've paid him.

maybe it's just me being cynical but i'd like to see somebody produce week in & week out - woodson hasn't done that, imho.

I know its taboo to go against a woman of the board.

Woodson has improved dramatically starting with his game against the Eagles. he is consitently stripping the ball or atleast making a solid effort, he is making ppl miss on punt returns (he cant make all 11 miss on his own he needs blocking).

Although I was happy when we got him, I was extremely critical of his play up to the Eagles game.

However, I'm not naive enough to ignore his improvements. I can see a lot of people overlooking it, but I've been watching him closely and he is improving. Is he worth his contract? I don't think so, but he is doing a lot better these last few games.

The 'answer'? I can't say I think he is, but he's a solution until someone proves to be the answer, even if its him.

I'm not sure what it is, but something has lit a fire in his ***. I've noticed it when doing the editing for the highlight videos.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I just watched your vid of the game Zero and aweosme job again..

you typed out exactly on how I feel about him..I was working during the Eagle game and do not want to see any "highlights" from it, so can not really comment..

But this last game he did an outstanding job..That was the type of playing that would warrant his contract..Not just the int, but the overall play..He had some slip ups ( the 1st Miami td comes to mind) but I think his pluses out wieghed his negatives..

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
yikes - one good play from this guy & he's great now?!? sorry - not quite ready to go that far.

No one said HE was great, just that his play was great.
He has a td, 3 forced fumbles, and is tied for 3rd in the NFL with 9 passes defensed.

Ill say it for you guys, Charles Woodson is a GREAT player. He isnt good, he is GREAT. The problem he has a lot is his teams get snakebitten when he makes a great play and dont capitalize on it.

I remember him causing a fumble this season for ya near the goal line and you guys either fumbling it back or something to that effect against Philly.

Woodson is gonna make your team a lot better unless all the injuries have slowed him down a bit. I havent seen that yet in his play this year though.

Im excited to see you guys play 'Zona, I definitely think you can get a win there if Kampman and KGB can bring the heat on Lienart. They have a great receiving corps but you have a solid starting cb tandem. Their run game is a joke, one dimensional team, but its a scary dimension when they get pass protection. Put Lienart on his backside and put him down hard, I'll be in the bar toasting a Pack victory this weekend. :packbeer:

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sheesh - voice your opinions & you get smited up the yin yang!! ;)

don't ever worry about disagreeing with me just cause i'm a chickypoo - doesn't bother me so it shouldn't bother any of you either.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't argue with the chickapoo. Here's a appluad to bring up your spirits. I kinda agree. Woodson could be great but I'm not quit ready to "crown his ***" yet as Dennis Green would say. To me the biggest thing is if he can prove he can actually last 16 games or if we'll soon be having to play a kid starting at corner cause he's back on IR. At least the way Dendy's playing it might not be as bad as it would of seemed a few weeks ago.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can the Pack Pass D be so bad with Harris, and now Woodson, playing so well? Are there stats that show something like 80% of yards are NOT to the WR's? Those two are a good combo.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can the Pack Pass D be so bad with Harris, and now Woodson, playing so well? Are there stats that show something like 80% of yards are NOT to the WR's? Those two are a good combo.

Well, the overall season's stats are skewed thanks to Carroll.

And last game, Harrington threw it over 60 times.

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I've only seen three of the games, but the games I've seen, Carrol got burned a lot, and also that split second where the CB hands off a WR to the Safeties. I think Harris and Woodson Sunday were solid, but I put more of the blame on the Safeties. Woodson did get burned for a TD, but other than that, he blanketed his WR.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:

Well, the overall season's stats are skewed thanks to Carroll.

And last game, Harrington threw it over 60 times.

Yea....it's that damn Carroll's fault that we gave up over 400 yards to Harrington :roll:

How about we put the blame where it belongs....our safeties have been putrid and our pass rush has been inconsisitent to say the least.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to kno why Harris and Woodson tackles and intercpetion satats are so low, Woodson isn't too bad but Harris really needs to step up.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to kno why Harris and Woodson tackles and intercpetion satats are so low, Woodson isn't too bad but Harris really needs to step up.

Harris is pretty much back to shutting down the opposing #1 WR which means the opportunities will not be there. Chambers made two receptions this week of which Harris almost picked one of those off.

This does not lend itself to HIM having big numbers but should definately improve everyone elses chances a great deal.

He might get some shots on Sunday. Bolden is a great receiver and with Fitzgerald hurting Arizona will need to get him the ball to have a chance.

This might be a week you see Harris get a pick. Please hold onto the dang ball this time Al.

Woodson is in the top 10 in passes defended. A stat I saw this week. I'd rather see passes defended than tackles by the CB's. This stat goes along with him seeing more throws than Harris will.

We are starting to get the quality play we expected from these two. The other guys aren't there yet but at least they are not giving up three or four bombs a game for TD's like earlier.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't argue with the chickapoo. Here's a appluad to bring up your spirits. I kinda agree. Woodson could be great but I'm not quit ready to "crown his ***" yet as Dennis Green would say. To me the biggest thing is if he can prove he can actually last 16 games or if we'll soon be having to play a kid starting at corner cause he's back on IR. At least the way Dendy's playing it might not be as bad as it would of seemed a few weeks ago.

:tantrum: Woodson is who we thought he is. Do you hear me?? HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE IS!!! That's why we took the damn field with him! HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE IS!! <<<Banging side of head, for lack of podium in reach). If you want to crown his A** then crown it! BUT HE IS WHAT WE THOUGHT HE IS! :tantrum: :wall:

Oops...sorry, had a little desert heat stroke :oops:

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:

:tantrum: Woodson is who we thought he is. Do you hear me?? HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE IS!!! That's why we took the damn field with him! HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE IS!! <<<Banging side of head, for lack of podium in reach). If you want to crown his A** then crown it! BUT HE IS WHAT WE THOUGHT HE IS! :tantrum: :wall:

Oops...sorry, had a little desert heat stroke :oops:

I'm sorry, trippster, What were you trying to say? :rotflmao:

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I thought Woodson was the Packers Player of the Week. I really hope he keeps it up. We need a playmaker to step up on defense.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It just could be that Woodson has suddenly decided that he would like to play again next year w/a good salary so he's stepping it up. Frankly, I doubt if the Packers would keep him on the team next year if he continued to suck, especially with his salary. If the Pack cut him next year, it's doubtful any other team would pay him much if his poor performance continued, ergo it's time to start playing like a real pro. He may consider it his contract year. I hope so. We desperately need improved play in the secondary.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how fast are the cardnils wide recivers and how good are they? i didnt really see any of the cardnals games this year.

depending on how good they are it may be a good test for our corners.

dannychau22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bolden and fitzgerald are more physical than speedy receivers and they are really good. It will definately be a test for our cb's if fitzgerald is playing

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bolden and fitzgerald are more physical than speedy receivers and they are really good. It will definately be a test for our cb's if fitzgerald is playing

He'd listed as Doubtful with his hammy, so I don't think he's going.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts