why we should support aaron rodgers

PackSmack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the statement that we should support him because he is our starting qb now. Period.

And I certainly do not accept the lame slams on Brett Favre present on this thread. That needs to stop now. What kind of low-life would stick a knife in Brett Favre's back? There's no place for that. He gave his heart and soul for our Green Bay Packers, leave him alone.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The kind of low life that considers himself a "classy" Packer fan....or someone named Ted Thompson, maybe.

One thing I do know is that they never would have treated Elway like this in Denver. Real classy Packer fans...real classy.

Rodgers isn't going to last the season because he doesn't know how to read a blitz. He got waffled and hit quite a few times against the Bungles. He will not last the season.

Rodgers is not the answer, and Ted Thompson will be gone in two years, thankfully.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That early sack on Rodgers was Jackson's fault. I guarantee you Rodgers knew it was coming and trusted his teammate to pick up the blitz. If you don't believe me, watch the game film again and check out the look he gives Jackson after he hits the ground.
And who is ripping on Favre? I'm just saying Bears fans have been slathering for Packers games with Favre in there lately, because he is their nemesis and they've had his number the past few years.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it certainly SOUNDS like the fan base is supporting Rodgers...

http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archi ... crowd.aspx
Rodgers said he's been handling the boos with no problem, but some of the personal attacks have bothered him. Probably every practice there's one or two pro-Brett Favre people who are yelling things loud enough for the players to hear them.

But Rodgers said he hears things off the field, too.

"I understand it to some point if I put myself into a Favre fanatic's shoes," Rodgers said of getting booed. "The things I can't understand, the things I really take personally, is when I'm driving up to the (parking lot) gate and punching in my punch code and somebody says ‘F.U.' to me. That kind of bothers me. Or when a little kid is yelling swear words at me. That kind of gets to me. The boos, they expect a high level of play and they miss Brett Favre. I understand that. But the ‘F.U.' and the little kids saying swear words to me, I don't understand that."

Even if it is only the vocal minority of fans who are acting like this, it will still have an impact.

4rules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm stunned this is actually going on in Green Bay. It's not Aaron Rodgers fault that Packer management screwed-up. Rodgers is simply trying to do his job. Those of us who don't think he'll do it as well as Brett should just wait and watch. Save your negative comments for the 3 stooges, and show some class towards the players. We're not in Philadelphia here.

PackSmack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a great line, "We're not Philadelphia here." Exactly. We don't cannibalize our own players. And Philly always has and always will. Though I never consciously thought about it before, when just mentioned above, I knew exactly what was meant. Great observation, 4rules. We're not Philly.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I'll never understand so called Packer "fans" who hated Favre when he was here and wanted him to fail. And don't say that there weren't any, because I've met plenty of them. Some right on this board here.

Favre was a Packer, yet some Packer fans didn't support him.

And for the record, I hate Ted Thompson, not Aaron Rodgers, and think he is bad for the Packer organization because of his enormous ego, and will ultimately fail....

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RockJock07 said:
Favreforever721 said:
We should support him because he is our starting quarterback as of now. End of discussion.

Well said, nuff said, end of thread!

Agreed! While I will always be a fan of Favre, Rodgers is our quarterback now. So I'll give him support like I would any other Packer, who takes the place of one of our departed players.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RockJock07 said:
Favreforever721 said:
We should support him because he is our starting quarterback as of now. End of discussion.

Well said, nuff said, end of thread!

Agreed! While I will always be a fan of Favre, Rodgers is our quarterback now. So I'll give him support like I would any other Packer, who takes the place of one of our departed players.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and i'll never understand so called packer "fans" who hated favre when he was here and wanted him to fail. And don't say that there weren't any, because i've met plenty of them. Some right on this board here.

Favre was a packer, yet some packer fans didn't support him.

And for the record, i hate ted thompson, not aaron rodgers, and think he is bad for the packer organization because of his enormous ego, and will ultimately fail....

woops!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I recall the ego argument...I challenged a few of those to give me proof of his ego, no one could

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers has proven he is worthy of supporting. He is our QB, therefore he is Pack, therefore family. I think we are blessed to have him on our team. Notice the silence from his critics all those years ago. Aaron certainly shut them up. Winning the SB in your third year as starter has the tendency to do that! :)

Members online

Latest posts