Why was Kurt Schottenheimer rehired?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, TT reveres secrecy and keeping things inhouse, how dare I spin that in a good way. (Belicheck is the same way)

I also spun it in a bad way too..

but why bring that up? Jeez. people like you...

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I heard Bates was offered the job and was asked not to mention anything about it until Ted said so and Bates called Favre to tell him the 'good' news about him getting the HC position. This apparently showed Ted or Thompson that Bates can not be loyal with information and subsquently removed him from consideration of being the HC with the Packers. If you watched Bates or Jim talk on his press conference this scenario makes sense. It's either true or very cleverly thought up.

Interesting, that is more in depth than I what I got. Although this isn't confirmed, I was told that Bates and Thompson had a fallout, which Bates took to heart and he relectunantly decided to move on. Bates was definitly dissapointed, but I was told that TT is a proud man who isn't going to sit there and apologize left/right/and centre for making business decisions. I thought the fallout dealt with how much control Bates would have in player decisions, specifically who would get signed throughout the course of the season, drafted, etc, as well as the fact that Bates might keep some of Sherman's old staff on board, but you bring up an interesting possibility Zero.

Now this next part is unconfirmed (I don't usually report until it is confirmed, but the next part is sort of related): I was told that Bates and Sanders have somewhat regular contact in which Bates will usually give Sanders a heads up or two, about certain things (ie players/plays). And the reason I got for Bates recommending Sander was that Bates believed his own knowledge of football was most comparable to Sanders, and most importantly; should a player mess up, Sanders had the ability to snap and tear the player a new one like no other.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
all about da packers said:
Bruce said:
Your source is right on the money. Schottenheimer was a crony hire that was by far the worst move by MM and TT to date. The guy is working in the NFL bsed solely upon his relationship to his brother.

There is ill will between Shotty and Roman, because Shottenheimer is not a stand up guy and looks to scapegoat his players rather than look at his own failing in coaching and scheme.

Well I can now say that I was told that Kurt was hired, to put it bluntly, be a lap dog for McCarthy. I'm nt sure if you got the same Bruce, but my source made it clear that Kurt was someone who would keep watch for McCarthy, and McCarthy hired Kurt to cover his own ***.

I wonder Bruce, have you heard the story behind Bates and Ted?

I'm sure his source made the very same thing clear as day to him as well.

Bates and Ted or Jim and Thompson. :p
I heard Bates was offered the job and was asked not to mention anything about it until Ted said so and Bates called Favre to tell him the 'good' news about him getting the HC position. This apparently showed Ted or Thompson that Bates can not be loyal with information and subsquently removed him from consideration of being the HC with the Packers. If you watched Bates or Jim talk on his press conference this scenario makes sense. It's either true or very cleverly thought up.

You got that wrong.

Bates had an interview with Thompson and Bates thought he did so good that he was a sure thing for the job. Bates thought he had in in the bag. He contacted Brett and told him he felt confident that he was going to be the next Head Coach of the Packers. He then talked with Brett brieflyl on what his plans for the teams were.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Zero2Cool said:
Bruce said:
Your source is right on the money. Schottenheimer was a crony hire that was by far the worst move by MM and TT to date. The guy is working in the NFL bsed solely upon his relationship to his brother.

There is ill will between Shotty and Roman, because Shottenheimer is not a stand up guy and looks to scapegoat his players rather than look at his own failing in coaching and scheme.

Well I can now say that I was told that Kurt was hired, to put it bluntly, be a lap dog for McCarthy. I'm nt sure if you got the same Bruce, but my source made it clear that Kurt was someone who would keep watch for McCarthy, and McCarthy hired Kurt to cover his own ***.

You got that wrong.

Bates had an interview with Thompson and Bates thought he did so good that he was a sure thing for the job. Bates thought he had in in the bag. He contacted Brett and told him he felt confident that he was going to be the next Head Coach of the Packers. He then talked with Brett brieflyl on what his plans for the teams were.

Guess you missed the part where I said 'heard' ... I am not the source bubba, just the messenger.

So... YOU GOT IT WRONG! ;)

Truthfully, no one knows but those directly invovled. What we know is Bates is not our HC and McCarthy is.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
porky88 said:
Zero2Cool said:
Bruce said:

You got that wrong.

Guess you missed the part where I said 'heard' ... I am not the source bubba, just the messenger.

Truthfully, no one knows but those directly invovled. What we know is Bates is not our HC and McCarthy is.

I didn't get anything wrong. I never, repeated that. I told what Bates implied himself.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Zero2Cool said:
porky88 said:
Zero2Cool said:
[quote="Bruce":h0hacdkg]Your source is right on the money. Schottenheimer was a crony hire that was by far the worst move by MM and TT to date. The guy is working in the NFL bsed solely upon his relationship to his brother.

You got that wrong.

I didn't get anything wrong. I never, repeated that. I told what Bates implied himself.[/quote:h0hacdkg]

Figured since you could say I got it wrong that I cou... oh nm. :roll:

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm shocked to hear that if you're just going to have a warm body as the DB coach, you couldn't find anyone else than KS! I knew the Rams were going to have a terrible year when they hired him. Now with this rumor I'm picturing KS as the inmate in the Longest yard who continually rats out Paul Crews team to the guards. As far as Roman is concerned; this is adult time. If someone is hired in your position you put your axe to the grindstone, work your *** off, and give your bosses every reason to keep you. Boy some of these players need a huge dose of reality and try being a working stiff like us! Then they could see how priviledged they are to have won the genetic lottery.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread only makes me feel worse about the hiring of Schottenheimer, which I regard as the most worrisome move of the off-season by the Packers. As for Roman, he's not that bad. He was lousy in Slowik's defense, but then, so were most of our other players. Last year he played respectably, but he's certainly not so good that he should get in a huff over another player being brought in to compete with him for his job. This situation will resolve itself one way or another. If Roman gets beaten out by Manuel and does not handle it like a professional, he will be sent packing. And that will probably be okay with him.

Members online

Latest posts