Why No Love For Rodgers?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Thanks Packer4ever..........i just don't understand how someone that visits a Packer site can be surprised when we discuss Favre. it just boggles my mind!
And Bruce.......good point! Rodgers hasn't done anything yet. He MAY turn out to be good, he may not. I have watched practice, but there's not enough info to go on with him yet. And it's only in a real game that you can judge how good or bad he may be. He doesn't have to have a "rifle" arm, if he has brains and accuracy. We have yet to see if he does. I sure haven't given up on the kid!

I am not surprised that you are talking about Favre, only at how little some of the posts actually have to do with Favre himself. Most of it consists of criticizing Sherman, Thompson, the WRs or even other Packer fans for not agreeing on the subject. Most of the time it just winds up being a bunch of name calling between you guys in the end.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well........i have NOT "Named called" anyone. Some may have stooped to that level, but i haven't so far. I know some on here go after each other quite intently..........but i don't believe i have. I always try to talk things out civil...........but i will defend myself if i deem it necessary. But i sure don't go looking for a fight. I'd rather LAUGH then fight........it's lots more fun! :lol:

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think he hasnt had a good enough opportunity to play and we really cant grade him yet however i think he does have the potential to be pro bowl caliber back in 2005 he was rated #1 by espn so he must be pretty good

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeh but earning it is fine but man why so much hate towards him he hasnt done anything he has been good to favre and is a good kid I like him

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
he has been good to favre

is that how we judge people now? how they treat #4? and if it seems theyre not giving him reacharounds and hickeys (like TT isnt, hes treating him like a man and a football player) then theyre bad people?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always been a bit surprised at the negative feelings toward Rodgers. He had a fine career in college againest good competition. That's a plus. Anyone who bases his judgement on the Ravens game is whacky. Can you name ONE Packer who played well that game? If you throw a rookie QB into a game where absolutely NOTHING is going right, that's what you can expect...NOTHING!! MS should have known better, but then, good judgement was not his long suit, IMO. Then too, a lot of fans may look at Rodgers and be disappointed that he doesn't resemble Favre enough. They won't be satisfied unless he proves to be at least the equal of Favre. That may NEVER happen. I'm happy that we have a new QB who was at least successful in college and has real potential. That will have to do until he gets the chance to learn how to succeed in the pros, just as Favre did.

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No tromadz I was just saying that since he hasnt really played i cant judge him by his performance on the field. So i judge it on how he acts off of it and he has shown to be a respectful polite not trying to push favre out the door guy

Staff online

Latest posts