Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

Who Will Aaron Rodgers Play For In 2022?

• No One, He'll Retire

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Denver Broncos

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • New Orleans Saints

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Bay Packers

Votes: 46 61.3%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Las Vegas Raiders

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Another NFL Team

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Miami Dolphins

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brown County has nothing to do with it. If the Packers are ever sold it’s my recollection there’s some American Legion Post or VFW or something like that’s the benificiary. Regardless you can’t push ALL the money back. Whatever money is guaranteed is prorated over the contract. Yes you can add huge salary years to the back end that you never intend to pay but then the prorated guaranteed money pushes forward. Nobody here knows the real numbers but I don’t see how they can sign both Adams AND Rodgers and I don’t see how either one of them comes back without the other. Everyone acts like the only way Green Bay can get to the Super Bowl is with Arron Rodgers. Well none of the last 22 QBs playing in the Super Bowl have been named Aaron Rodgers. ….Gorropolo, Goff, Foles, Newton, Flacco, Kapernick, Newton, Eli Manning… stop me when I get to the HOF QB (possibly Manning). Stafford ring a bell? The same people who say Brady (7 rings) isn’t really that good but benifitted from his TEAM (although that happened 7 times… strange coincidence) advocate mortgaging the future to lock up a quarterback who has come up short time after time, sometimes not his fault but other times he qets a pass for OBVIOUS shortcomings in big games). Add that he’s getting old, has been injury prone the last 7 or 8 years AND this year became (an even more obvious) headcase. Given the choice of watching a team that is young and upcoming with lots of fresh draft talent and an improving cap situation vs a declining roster with too much money committed to an an aging headcase QB so he can have one LAST “last” dance… I pick the former. How many times have we seen a team (and to be honest a QB) not nearly as good as their hollow regular season record would fake you into believing. Aaron Rodgers FAILED bigtime last year at home against Tampa Bay…. He blamed everyone else, took no accountability for HIS shortcomings, put on a soap opera during the off season, forced Green Bay to hand him a loaded gun (capwise), mandate trades (Cobb)…. (Gee maybe we could have had OBJ if Rodgers had not played GM?) then he has a horrible game at home BLOWS the game with inexcuseable decision making and bad throws… and some people are willing to mortgage the next 5 years to give him ANOTHER “one more last dance”. I’m just relieved I think it’s literally not possible given his arrogant prima donna attitude. “I’m not interested in a rebuild”…. Those words alone reveal that you don’t want this guy leading your team… it’s all about HIM…. Always has been,
Not all guaranteed money is pro rated. Just the signing bonus.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a cut and paste of your post. nothing was said about Cobb being resigned. Maybe you said it in another post but not this one.

Here we go...

Extend Rodgers save 21.1 m
Extend Alexander save 9.8 m
Extend P. Smith save 8.7 m
Extend Amos save 5.1 m
Release Z.Smith save 15.2 m
Release Cobb 6.7 m
Release Crosby save 2.4 m

Total Savings 69 million

That gives you 20 million in cap space and theres other moves that can still be made

Oh sorry i guess i erased the last paragraph

It was...this allows you to resign adams. Pay your draft class, operate during season and maybe get cobb back on the cheap assuming cobbs cool with it.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not all guaranteed money is pro rated. Just the signing bonus.

Correct but since you can auto restructure to signing bonus the base salary abd keep adding void years...you can kick the can pretty far

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brown County has nothing to do with it. If the Packers are ever sold it’s my recollection there’s some American Legion Post or VFW or something like that’s the benificiary. Regardless you can’t push ALL the money back. Whatever money is guaranteed is prorated over the contract. Yes you can add huge salary years to the back end that you never intend to pay but then the prorated guaranteed money pushes forward. Nobody here knows the real numbers but I don’t see how they can sign both Adams AND Rodgers and I don’t see how either one of them comes back without the other. Everyone acts like the only way Green Bay can get to the Super Bowl is with Arron Rodgers. Well none of the last 22 QBs playing in the Super Bowl have been named Aaron Rodgers. ….Gorropolo, Goff, Foles, Newton, Flacco, Kapernick, Newton, Eli Manning… stop me when I get to the HOF QB (possibly Manning). Stafford ring a bell? The same people who say Brady (7 rings) isn’t really that good but benifitted from his TEAM (although that happened 7 times… strange coincidence) advocate mortgaging the future to lock up a quarterback who has come up short time after time, sometimes not his fault but other times he qets a pass for OBVIOUS shortcomings in big games). Add that he’s getting old, has been injury prone the last 7 or 8 years AND this year became (an even more obvious) headcase. Given the choice of watching a team that is young and upcoming with lots of fresh draft talent and an improving cap situation vs a declining roster with too much money committed to an an aging headcase QB so he can have one LAST “last” dance… I pick the former. How many times have we seen a team (and to be honest a QB) not nearly as good as their hollow regular season record would fake you into believing. Aaron Rodgers FAILED bigtime last year at home against Tampa Bay…. He blamed everyone else, took no accountability for HIS shortcomings, put on a soap opera during the off season, forced Green Bay to hand him a loaded gun (capwise), mandate trades (Cobb)…. (Gee maybe we could have had OBJ if Rodgers had not played GM?) then he has a horrible game at home BLOWS the game with inexcuseable decision making and bad throws… and some people are willing to mortgage the next 5 years to give him ANOTHER “one more last dance”. I’m just relieved I think it’s literally not possible given his arrogant prima donna attitude. “I’m not interested in a rebuild”…. Those words alone reveal that you don’t want this guy leading your team… it’s all about HIM…. Always has been,

" Here's a lesson I tell every agent and player about NFL contracts: Ignore the cap; it is simply an accounting mechanism for the team. Through the loophole of prorated signing bonuses, the NFL’s “soft cap” (think yarmulke) can easily be manipulated and often portrays an inaccurate picture of the team’s player finances. Rather, focus on the cash."

Thats a quote from former Packers front office guy Andrew Brandt @swhitset

Reaction score
This is a cut and paste of your post. nothing was said about Cobb being resigned. Maybe you said it in another post but not this one.

Here we go...

Extend Rodgers save 21.1 m
Extend Alexander save 9.8 m
Extend P. Smith save 8.7 m
Extend Amos save 5.1 m
Release Z.Smith save 15.2 m
Release Cobb 6.7 m
Release Crosby save 2.4 m

Total Savings 69 million

That gives you 20 million in cap space and theres other moves that can still be made
The easier move for me is moving on from ZaDarius. That contract is a sinker and I’d take my chances after gone all last season without him anyway. Love the guy but that contract was doomed to fail long term.
As far as these cap # and yes we can save $ by converting $ to signing bonus and pushing $ out.
But I don’t understand how this solves our cap problem we’d be in the same situation next season.

Also this doesn’t cover near the full array of players that helped us Win this season. Where is Rasul? Where is Campbell? Where is Davante? Yosh? Kelly? EQ? Lucas Patrick? Lazard? Barnes? King? Sullivan? MVS? Our Punter? Tonyan didn’t play much, but was our #1 receiving TE and sorely missed imo
Etc.. etc.. are you suggesting walking those guys? Most of them were key starters (or have been starters). Granted Bak could eliminate a sure need for Yosh or Yosh might fill Kellys role etc..

I’m just playing Devils advocate. While in a normal season we might not miss several names there, several others were at the top of their game. The key contributors would need to be addressed immediately or expect some performance regression. I’m not being a downer, just bringing to focus that we will likely walk 3-4 outstanding players and still push cap out + not have proper resources for attaining replacement FA players, injury contingency, PS etc.. How does that improve our roster?

We’re in a mad scramble to pick n choose which starters to cut. That’s what I see

Last edited:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could say that the Packers lost because of special teams.

You could also say they lost because of the defense - they would have won if the defense didn't give up those 6 points.

You could also say they lost because of the offense - they would have won if the offense scored just 6 more points.

The question is which unit should get the most blame.

Is it reasonable to put most of the blame on ST? If we had the #1 ranked ST unit, then absolutely. But ST stunk all season long, that's why they were the #32 ranked ST unit. We knew they sucked, the Packers knew they sucked, Rodgers knew they sucked. Many of us on the forum even predicted that there would be a major ST blunder in a playoff game. We knew the offense would need to score enough to compensate for that. You can't really blame a unit for performing terribly when they performed terribly all season.

Is it reasonable to blame a defense for giving up 6 points? Obviously not.

That leaves the offense. This was a Top 10 offense, scoring 26.5 points per game. They even scored 30 points against the 49ers earlier in the season. Rodgers got everything he wanted - not just a home playoff game, but one in the cold! (So no excuses that it was too warm like it was against the Bucs.) But he could only put up 13 points? Any offense that scores 13 points is going to lose 90%+ of playoff games. So the offense should get the most blame.
That just makes so much sense, most people here will not accept it

Reaction score
That just makes so much sense, most people here will not accept it
I will say losing Tonyan imo hurt more than we know. While he agreeably has a slow start, Bill is an experienced route runner with a full knowledge of the playbook and a good set of hands. He was really our #1 TE and in a game where short yardage options are paramount (extreme cold + Wind) him being out was hurtful.
In Rodgers Defense he had a slightly below average OL and really only 1 great WR. Cobb was clearly not himself, MVS was out, Tonyan was out etc.. I would’ve liked to see us use Marcades a bit more, but understandable after the fumble

Rodgers relied heavily on Aaron Jones as a receiver. While that’s fine it speaks to his lack of receiving weapons when his only legit RB is spreading the field on go routes!. Lol
Just go draft a bonafide Receiver already

Last edited:
OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I don’t understand how this solves our cap problem we’d be in the same situation next season.

Also this doesn’t cover near the full array of players that helped us Win this season. Where is Rasul? Where is Campbell? Where is Davante? Yosh? Kelly? EQ? Lucas Patrick? Lazard? Barnes? King? Sullivan? MVS? Our Punter? Tonyan didn’t play much, but was our #1 receiving TE and sorely missed imo

PS etc.. How does that improve our roster?

The cap is at 208.2 million in 2022, a 26 million increase from 2021. In 2023 it will without a doubt be more than 230 million. And could be more than 240 million

In 2024 there should be a similar increase

Reaction score
The cap is at 208.2 million in 2022, a 26 million increase from 2021. In 2023 it will without a doubt be more than 230 million. And could be more than 240 million

In 2024 there should be a similar increase
Ok. You do realize that our #1 WR by himself has a market value of about that salary cap increase (25.7mil).
Also the cap went backwards 16mil last season with existing contracts in place. So, in effect, Over the 2021-2022 seasons the cap increase averaged just ~$5mil annual. Why do you think teams are so buried this season? That’s not enough to pay the light bill.
You make it sound like we’ve got this fantastic 401K with a 15% match .. when in reality we have a bunch of expensive timeshares without anyone occupying them. But the weather forecast next year says it should be a better year with less severe hurricanes and there are vacationers coming with huge bags of cash.
Good luck with that! :roflmao:

All in good fun

Last edited:
OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok. You do realize that our #1 WR by himself has a market value of about that salary cap increase (25.7mil).
Also the cap went backwards 16mil last season with existing contracts in place. So, in effect, Over the 2021-2022 seasons the cap increase averaged just ~$5mil annual. Why do you think teams are so buried this season? That’s not enough to pay the light bill.
You make it sound like we’ve got this fantastic 401K with a 15% match .. when in reality we have a bunch of expensive timeshares without anyone occupying them. But the weather forecast next year says it should be a better year with less severe hurricanes and there are vacationers coming with huge bags of cash.
Good luck with that! :roflmao:

All in good fun

You do realize that 25 m per year for davantae Adams does not equate to 25 m per year in salary cap, right?

You also realize that, that momentary regression of the cap was due to a decrease in total revenue becas of covid. Prior to that i dont believe the cap has ever gone down and theres no reason to suspect it will ever again. Theres not gonna be another lockdown becas society wouldnt survive it financially

Additionally you realize that the new media deals alone account for at least10 Billion in revenue per year over the next 11 years. And that legalized sports gambling has already created billions more in revenue for the NFL in its fledgling state and will only grow. The nfl is not poised to bring in less revenue but record breaking amounts of revenue

So yeah that Packers arent gonna be making big money free agent signings from other teams on the regular but theyvreally never did that anyways. But they can certainly afford to extend Rodgers and resign Adams both to top of market contracts moving forward.

And theyd be stupid not too as like ive said, other teams dream of spending their cap space on 2 fhof players they drafted and developed. That is literally the goal every gm works toward their whole career and most never accomplish

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As an example. Go back 4-5 seasons ago and look at the top rated players at each position. In 4-5 years those positions’ salaries will inflate similarly.

This is the exact reason Rodgers was pushing for his last contract to be tied to a % of the salary cap...so when the cap went up and so to player salaries... he wasnt stuck getting paid less than guys who just signed deals, 2 years into his

But yes youre correct it benefits the team becas they are paying say 2022 top qb money, 46 m per, in 2025 when the cap will probably be around 300 million and top qb money will be say 55 m per or more

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say losing Tonyan imo hurt more than we know. While he agreeably has a slow start, Bill is an experienced route runner with a full knowledge of the playbook and a good set of hands. He was really our #1 TE and in a game where short yardage options are paramount (extreme cold + Wind) him being out was hurtful.
In Rodgers Defense he had a slightly below average OL and really only 1 great WR. Cobb was clearly not himself, MVS was out, Tonyan was out etc.. I would’ve liked to see us use Marcades a bit more, but understandable after the fumble

Rodgers relied heavily on Aaron Jones as a receiver. While that’s fine it speaks to his lack of receiving weapons when his only legit RB is spreading the field on go routes!. Lol
Just go draft a bonafide Receiver already

Honestly I'd argue we didn't have a true blue #1 TE...but when Lewis and Tonyan are both healthy and options for MLF we can out of the TE position offer literally anything a coach might want because what Lewis isn't the best at Tonyan excels at and vice versa. I love that combo and it will suck most likely seeing it end.

D

Deleted member 6794

Contracts that are heavily back loaded and guaranteed is where this whole thing is going. They're sharpening their pencils at this point and doing everything they can to figure out how to keep the free agents they want to keep, along with Rodgers and Adams. For a lot of the players, who are a little older, a back loaded guaranteed contract is going to be their last decent contract.

While the Packers will definitely backload a lot of contracts if they keep Rodgers for next season they will hardly guarantee all of them.

Reportedly the Packers are set to make Aaron Rodgers the highest paid qb in the NFL...Currently Patrick Mahomes is at 45 m per. So somewhere between 46 and 50 million per....

Lets call it 48 m per year for 3 years in addition to the one he has remaining with one additional void year tacked on for cap purposes. I agree thats a lot of money against the cap but what are you gonna do thats the price you pay for having the best qb in the league.

And i expect Rodgers to go out and have an even better season than his last 2 in 2022...

There's no way the Packers should make Rodgers the highest paid quarterback in the NFL at this point in his career and the cap situation the team is in entering the offseason.

Only 5...hence why Sullivan had years voided out for 22', 23', 24', 25'....of course all hitting us in 2022 on the cap hit day active contract ends....

I hate that we have to pay Sullivan $1M let alone the money we will be paying King or Tonyan or others possibly in years we don't even have them here BUT imagine the hit that will occur when Rodgers is gone....YIKES

Just for the record, the Packers won't be either of them any money as they received it at the time they signed the deal. The remaining prorated portion of that bonus will count against the cap for a season though.

Lazard being a RFA is going to cost minimum around $2.4M if we bring him back...

Yosh again like Lazard will cost minimum $2.4M...Patrick or Kelly similar even if one year...

Just for the record, the Packers could re-sign Lazard for less (especially with a smaller cap hit in 2022 if signed to a multi-year deal). I think we discussed that Nijman is an ERFA just several days ago.

Three years one can argue we didn't give Rodgers a true second option out of the WR position specifically... and guess what the first 8 seasons listed above were 0-8 in making it to the Super Bowl. The last three were 0-3 in making it to the Super Bowl.

The Packers finally need to surround Rodgers with a top 10 scoring defense once again. He made the Super Bowl once in two seasons with such a unit in his career.

Not to beat a dead horse. But the weather factored against anything past 15-20 yards and it affected both sides. This will sound a little Oldschool but the Packers Offense had more opportunities than needed to put that game away. However the Offense was culpable when it allowed an inferior team to March into Lambeau and hang around long enough for a ST blunder to cost them the game.
Our Defense held SF to 6 points over 4 Quarters! our Offense led by Aaron Rodgers did their part in failing us Yes the ST helped them but in no way is 10 points acceptable for an Offense led by the league MVP.
If Aaron Rodgers Prime has this type performance at home when it matters? What if he doesn’t play MVP level next season? Is Rodgers going to improve from 2021?

It's definitely true the offense deserves a share of the blame for the loss to the Niners. That's not all on Rodgers either though.

The same people who say Brady (7 rings) isn’t really that good but benifitted from his TEAM (although that happened 7 times… strange coincidence) advocate mortgaging the future to lock up a quarterback who has come up short time after time, sometimes not his fault but other times he qets a pass for OBVIOUS shortcomings in big games). Add that he’s getting old, has been injury prone the last 7 or 8 years AND this year became (an even more obvious) headcase. Given the choice of watching a team that is young and upcoming with lots of fresh draft talent and an improving cap situation vs a declining roster with too much money committed to an an aging headcase QB so he can have one LAST “last” dance… I pick the former. How many times have we seen a team (and to be honest a QB) not nearly as good as their hollow regular season record would fake you into believing. Aaron Rodgers FAILED bigtime last year at home against Tampa Bay…. He blamed everyone else, took no accountability for HIS shortcomings, put on a soap opera during the off season, forced Green Bay to hand him a loaded gun (capwise), mandate trades (Cobb)…. (Gee maybe we could have had OBJ if Rodgers had not played GM?) then he has a horrible game at home BLOWS the game with inexcuseable decision making and bad throws… and some people are willing to mortgage the next 5 years to give him ANOTHER “one more last dance”.

There's no doubt Rodgers, who is the back-to-back MVP, gives the Packers the best chance to win another Super Bowl next season. While there are too many posters who believe it won't be any issue to adequately replace a future HOF quarterback the reality is that most likely none of us will ever experience another one performing at a level close to what Rodgers has done since taking over from Favre in 2008.

There's no doubt he has had some below average games in the playoffs like every other QB in the league but he hasn't been bailed out by a defense or special teams on most occasions while others have benefitted from superior play from other units.

I want to enjoy the ride as long as possible as there's no guarantee the team will be a contender entering the season every single time any time soon once we move on from him. I understand that the front office needs to mortgage at least one season after moving on from #12 but a significant drop-off in performance was to be expected anyway in the first season without Rodgers anyway.

Is it reasonable to put most of the blame on ST? If we had the #1 ranked ST unit, then absolutely. But ST stunk all season long, that's why they were the #32 ranked ST unit. We knew they sucked, the Packers knew they sucked, Rodgers knew they sucked. Many of us on the forum even predicted that there would be a major ST blunder in a playoff game. We knew the offense would need to score enough to compensate for that. You can't really blame a unit for performing terribly when they performed terribly all season.

The special teams accounted for a swing of 10 points in a game that saw a total of 23 points scored. I don't care that they were the worst unit in the league during the regular season, they're the one mostly to blame for the loss. Especially since a lot of fans were advocating for making a change before the unit's shortcomings ended up costing them a game.

Correct but since you can auto restructure to signing bonus the base salary abd keep adding void years...you can kick the can pretty far

Once again, you haven't come up with any prove for that to be true. On the other hand I have read on several occasions that the Packers needed the approval of a player to restructure his deal. since you started mentioning that though.

You do realize that our #1 WR by himself has a market value of about that salary cap increase (25.7mil).

The Packers can structure Adams' deal in a way for him to count significantly less than that against the cap in 2022 though.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
" Here's a lesson I tell every agent and player about NFL contracts: Ignore the cap; it is simply an accounting mechanism for the team. Through the loophole of prorated signing bonuses, the NFL’s “soft cap” (think yarmulke) can easily be manipulated and often portrays an inaccurate picture of the team’s player finances. Rather, focus on the cash."

Thats a quote from former Packers front office guy Andrew Brandt @swhitset
All of that is non sequitur. It has nothing to do with your point that the owners are hoarding cash for themselves. That is still just an explanation as to how the team can manipulate the cap in order to sign players.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for the record, the Packers won't be either of them any money as they received it at the time they signed the deal. The remaining prorated portion of that bonus will count against the cap for a season though.

Just for the record, the Packers could re-sign Lazard for less (especially with a smaller cap hit in 2022 if signed to a multi-year deal). I think we discussed that Nijman is an ERFA just several days ago.

The Packers finally need to surround Rodgers with a top 10 scoring defense once again. He made the Super Bowl once in two seasons with such a unit in his career.

Correct on all accounts. Personally I'm mixed on a multi-year Lazard deal BUT that is mainly due to us most likely structuring it unevenly to assist now and ballooning later dead cap figures instead of lessoning dead cap alter in say a 3 year deal for him.

Could not agree more on the building of a defense.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of that is non sequitur. It has nothing to do with your point that the owners are hoarding cash for themselves. That is still just an explanation as to how the team can manipulate the cap in order to sign players.

I said blaming the salary cap is for owners who dont wanna spend cash. Ie it costs more out of their actual cash reserves to kick the can than it does to pay as you go...the paragraph from brandt does pertain

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think people are a slave to the moment, again. I'm not so sure defense won anything. Yes they made a play, but newsflash, the Bengals Oline kind of sucked. It was definitely their weakness and they happened to match up against a team that has a good pass rushing front. The Bengals actually ran the ball pretty well against them. They didn't stop that. That same defense didn't do jack against our make shift oline, remember? These games are all about matchups and it just so happened cincy found themselves in a situation at the end of the game that played right into the strength of the Rams defense. About the only thing Donald is notable for in any games against GB is grabbing throats of offensive linemen that have neutralized him LOL

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt he has had some below average games in the playoffs like every other QB in the league but he hasn't been bailed out by a defense or special teams on most occasions
It is quite sad that our worst-ranked ST unit would need to bail out the 2-time MVP Aaron Rodgers. If anything, Rodgers should have led just one more scoring drive to bail out the ST unit.

The special teams accounted for a swing of 10 points in a game that saw a total of 23 points scored.
Whose fault is it that the Packers only scored 13 (I will give you the missed FG) in such a low scoring game?

Especially since a lot of fans were advocating for making a change before the unit's shortcomings ended up costing them a game.
Well that would be MLF's fault for not doing anything about it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is quite sad that our worst-ranked ST unit would need to bail out the 2-time MVP Aaron Rodgers. If anything, Rodgers should have led just one more scoring drive to bail out the ST unit.

Whose fault is it that the Packers only scored 13 (I will give you the missed FG) in such a low scoring game?

Well that would be MLF's fault for not doing anything about it.
bail him out? LOL

Expecting a team to NOT give up a blocked punt for a TD or not let a defender walk into the backfield and catch a pretty easy FG in the stomach is relying on them to "bail him out" huh? Mind you, most teams don't allow both of these things to happen separately throughout an entire season of games and they did it in one game LOL. any body expecting more was expecting them to "bail him out" LOL

Not that I needed more confirmation, but it is glaringly obvious, you didn't watch the game and if you did you have zero appreciation for the game of football or what transpired on the field before you very eyes.

You live in a "should" world, not in a real life what is happening on the field eyes. that is how you come to the conclusion that expecting just marginal play from special teams would be construed as bailing him out LOL

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You live in a "should" world, not in a real life what is happening on the field eyes.
We are talking about what "should" have happened for the Packers to win the game.

that is how you come to the conclusion that expecting just marginal play from special teams would be construed as bailing him out LOL
Well yeah, that's how sad our ST unit was. I'm not the only person who predicted that the Packers would commit a costly ST blunder in the playoffs. Even some of you Rodgers apologists predicted it. Asking ST not to commit those blunders would have been asking them to play a perfect game, which they showed this season they are not capable of. Is this the only way Rodgers can win a playoff game now, if both the defense AND the special teams play a perfect game?

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are talking about what "should" have happened for the Packers to win the game.

Well yeah, that's how sad our ST unit was. I'm not the only person who predicted that the Packers would commit a costly ST blunder in the playoffs. Even some of you Rodgers apologists predicted it. Asking ST not to commit those blunders would have been asking them to play a perfect game, which they showed this season they are not capable of. Is this the only way Rodgers can win a playoff game now, if both the defense AND the special teams play a perfect game?
expecting them to play perfect? yeah, that's what us "apologists" are saying.

and did the defense play perfectly? did you see the tackle attempts on Debo Samuels late in the game to set up the game winner? anyway, they were playing a pretty inept offense to begin with in frigid temps that usually result in low scoring games.

Rodgers wasn't the almighty, but he hardly choked either.

and there wasn't any team left in the NFC that had a QB that was going to overcome a special teams TD, a blocked kick and losing the field possession battle on every special teams play, especially under those game conditions

expecting an NFL team to not give up a punt block for a TD isn't really asking all that much LOL. There were 12 blocked punts last year in the NFL. How many went for TD's? 3? so in around 280 games played we have 12 blocks and you think it's asking for a miracle to not allow a block, let alone one for TD in a game?

Members online

Latest posts