Which 3 to 5 players would you like to see make the team?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see: Abernathy, Carpenter, and Cannella. And Toure and Hyman both looked good tonight.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they keep 7 WR's because I'd like to see Toure make the team. When the team is short on high-end talent at a position you need to cast a wide net.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would desperately like Aaron Rodgers, Kenny Clark and Jaire Alexander to make the roster. Otherwise all that dead money would make it tough to field a competitive team :D

Just think of all the cap space we would have next season though. We could go on a free agent spree to go along with our #1 pick. OK #2, I think we still sweep the Bears and finish ahead of them.

For purely selfish reasons I'd like to see Toure make it. Other than that I have no preferences.

Reaction score
Abernathy is just a baller. He might’ve had his second INT had he not been accosted by a KC player trying to save a Defensive TD.

DB Thomas just really looked like guy who understands football. Just a smart, solid, safer choice.

I know I’ll get flack for this. But Tyler Davis had something to prove all week in practice and it showed up in the game. I also believe last weeks fumble was partly weather related. No different from Aaron Jones, Winfree, Big Dog etc..
I know I know he’s strung a couple bad plays, but my gut sees a guy that’s putting it all on the line. I spied him this game, he had A+ effort and effectiveness blocking yesterday. He had what should have been D pass interference in KC Watson on a would be TD at the goalline. Refs let these guys play more I think because of PS.
Potential and resilience to adversity are hard to pass on. He also had a great out route for a 17 yard, 1st down and secured it even after getting punished a little there.

If Tyler Goodson can improve his blocking he’s an easy choice for -#3RB

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I know I’ll get flack for this. But Tyler Davis had something to prove all week in practice and it showed up in the game. I also believe last weeks fumble was partly weather related. No different from Aaron Jones, Winfree, Big Dog etc..
I know I know he’s strung a couple bad plays, but my gut sees a guy that’s putting it all on the line. I spied him this game, he had A+ effort and effectiveness blocking yesterday. He had what should have been D pass interference in KC Watson on a would be TD at the goalline. Refs let these guys play more I think because of PS.
Potential and resilience to adversity are hard to pass on. He also had a great out route for a 17 yard, 1st down and secured it even after getting punished a little there.

I guess Davis has a decent chance to make the roster because of his play on special teams. He needs to take care of the football to see snap on offense though.

Reaction score
I guess Davis has a decent chance to make the roster because of his play on special teams. He needs to take care of the football to see snap on offense though.
Agreed. He’s a big target like Tonyan and as I watched him more closely PS3, he displayed not just a willingness to block, but he dished out physicality on his opponents.
One other advantage is this is year 2 in the Packer playbook, his calling card is beating LB’s up the seam and in college he was often seen having to slow and wait on the ball. That not likely to happen with the accuracy of Rodgers.
Tonyan is our guy, but I feel like Tyler could be a serviceable TE bridge until Tonyan is up to full speed.

Last edited:

John Carran

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toure and Heflin, and for purely personal reasons, Caleb Jones. I love to watch defenders try and circle the widebody, only to see him take a step back and still be between him and the QB! With little ST value, maybe he could clear waivers

Reaction score
Yeah I was going to mention Abernathy, he was all up around the ball. Some guys just possess a Good nose.

Toure had one of the better games by a WR in that PS3 contests. Shows he’s smart and confident and good hands overall. Wish he would’ve snagged that longer Love pass that hit his hands, but it wasn’t an easy catch either at full throttle.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they keep 7 WR's because I'd like to see Toure make the team. When the team is short on high-end talent at a position you need to cast a wide net.

I'm guessing they keep seven WR's, but Toure ends up on the PS anyway. Winfree gets the seventh spot.

D

Deleted member 6794

Agreed. He’s a big target like Tonyan and as I watched him more closely PS3, he displayed not just a willingness to block, but he dished out physicality on his opponents.
One other advantage is this is year 2 in the Packer playbook, his calling card is beating LB’s up the seam and in college he was often seen having to slow and wait on the ball. That not likely to happen with the accuracy of Rodgers.
Tonyan is our guy, but I feel like Tyler could be a serviceable TE bridge until Tonyan is up to full speed.

I don't believe that Davis would receive a significant amount of snaps on offense even if he ends up making the team. He needs to prove he can take care of the ball first.

Reaction score
I don't believe that Davis would receive a significant amount of snaps on offense even if he ends up making the team. He needs to prove he can take care of the ball first.
I disagree here.
Im no personnel pro but I do listen and that’s where my conclusion had us keeping him. I kinda knew in my gut he was going to make the 53 because I’ve been reading up on him. Im not surprised at your comment above and scratching the surface you’d be absolutely right. My interest in him started when we signed him to our active roster last September. He just seemed like a nobody. Until I started reading and paying attention.

As an example, do you realize by the close of 2021 he had exceeded Deguaras’ snaps in a late game?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This isn’t the first video or interview where Staff has praised him (or defended him). He’s either the most likable guy on the team or he’s thoroughly impressed some well seasoned personnel folks. He went active as a Packer the second he went to the Colts PS. That in itself is impressive and speaks volumes to where they see his ceiling. Not sure if you knew after his transfer to Georgia Tech? his team made him a Captain year 1. He’s a leader and my belief is he possesses high football IQ. While Tech wasn’t impressive that particular year it really wasn’t because of Tyler Davis. He was the only Georgia player from that team drafted (Jacksonville/6th)

Don’t let a couple drops fool ya. You don’t make an active Roster in 2021 and then return and hit the 53 unless you possess some redeeming qualities.

I have a hunch and it’s that the Packers were going to draft him in 2020, late Day 3 with either #208 or #209.. or possibly at least had him pegged as an easy Round 7 keeper.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I disagree here.
Im no personnel pro but I do listen and that’s where my conclusion had us keeping him. I kinda knew in my gut he was going to make the 53 because I’ve been reading up on him. Im not surprised at your comment above and scratching the surface you’d be absolutely right. My interest in him started when we signed him to our active roster last September. He just seemed like a nobody. Until I started reading and paying attention.

As an example, do you realize by the close of 2021 he had exceeded Deguaras’ snaps in a late game?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This isn’t the first video or interview where Staff has praised him (or defended him). He’s either the most likable guy on the team or he’s thoroughly impressed some well seasoned personnel folks. He went active as a Packer the second he went to the Colts PS. That in itself is impressive and speaks volumes to where they see his ceiling. Not sure if you knew after his transfer to Georgia Tech? his team made him a Captain year 1. He’s a leader and my belief is he possesses high football IQ. While Tech wasn’t impressive that particular year it really wasn’t because of Tyler Davis. He was the only Georgia player from that team drafted (Jacksonville/6th)

Don’t let a couple drops fool ya. You don’t make an active Roster in 2021 and then return and hit the 53 unless you possess some redeeming qualities.

I have a hunch and it’s that the Packers were going to draft him in 2020, late Day 3 with either #208 or #209.. or possibly at least had him pegged as an easy Round 7 keeper.

Don't get me wrong, it's obvious the coaching staff believes Davis has a lot of potential but there's no way he will get involved as a receiver if he doesn't protect the ball.

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, it's obvious the coaching staff believes Davis has a lot of potential but there's no way he will get involved as a receiver if he doesn't protect the ball.
Oh I agree that Nobody should be a receiver in any capacity that can’t protect the ball. Has he had some other issues with fumbling that we don’t know about? Besides that 1 PS game

Reaction score
Abernathy is a Packer! and He has a good bible name too! Hopefully he performs like a long list of Micah's!! I'm really happy with this entire PS group I think this is one of the better ones we've had

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Abernathy is a Packer! and He has a good bible name too! Hopefully he performs like a long list of Micah's!! I'm really happy with this entire PS group I think this is one of the better ones we've had
The name ****** is also a Biblical name but it is banned by this board's censor nanny.

ETA: great grandson of Noah mentioned in Genesis 10:8-12:

D

Deleted member 6794

Oh I agree that Nobody should be a receiver in any capacity that can’t protect the ball. Has he had some other issues with fumbling that we don’t know about? Besides that 1 PS game

As far as I can tell Davis never fumbled in a regular season game either in college nor the NFL. Maybe it will end up being a non-issue after all.