What Is Your Goldilocks Game?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm talking weather conditions here. What is your Goldilocks scenario for watching an outdoor Packers game. Do you like the hot sun of the August pre-season games, the late September to late October fall games, the cold and snow games of December, or the freezing cold games in January?

I ask because this summer a buddy offered me two of his season tickets to any game. I turned down GB/MN because I didn't want to take the best game on the schedule from him and also don't like the heat. I chose the Falcons game in early December because I like having on the layers and being there when it's cold.

(Mrs El Guapo ended up surprising me with tickets to the MN game anyway - and it was too dang hot and we were in the shade all game!)

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the three games I've been to was the hottest game in Lambeau history

My family and I were sweating bullets like the guy from Airplane

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I have melted, boiled, sauteed and froze solid over the years. I used to love the most cold and snowy game possible- because I was young and nothing could touch me.

Now that I'm as old as dirt, I've turned the thermostat up a bit...put me down for 35-grees, sunny and no wind.

How about mid-November?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm easy to please :) haven't been to a game I didn't like yet. It's hard to choose. Anything in the 30-60 range is beautiful for football. But I've been to 2 games that were single digits at kick off and they were some of the best times i've ever had at a game. Was at a pretty hot one sitting right in the sun the entire time against San Diego I think back in the early 90's. We lost. I think it was the last game we lost at home before we went on that multi season win streak. So i'm not a fan of the hot games as much, but I still had fun :)

If pressed to pick, I'd say a 50 degree Sunday late afternoon in October would be ideal for me.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
even though i've never been to lambeau, i've always wanted to come to Green Bay for a snow game, mainly because they just look spectacular, and it reminds me of the snow we used to get when i was a kid

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I attended my first Packers game 62 years ago this month at old City Stadium.
I have since attended well over 60 Packers games in the ensuing years in both Milwaukee and Green Bay and sat through every imaginal type of weather Wisconsin can throw at you. The weather never mattered much to me until about the last five years.
I don't know if I will ever be able to attend another Packers game in my remaining years, but I can guarantee that I will never, even if the opportunity arises, that I will never sit through another game played after the month of September.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The end of the Linde Infante years......glorious

The man had a helluva cowboy boot collection. I think I was at that game - Ron Wolf had just been hired...and I heard on the radio home that Lindy bit the dust. Anyway, that's the way I remember it. I think the Pack won and I thought Wolf would let him hang around then, the axe dropped swiftly and assuredly.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't been lucky enough to get to a game yet, but my dream game would be an afternoon game in December in the mid-20's with a light snow. God that'd be awesome, I get chills just thinking about it.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Not to brag, but I usually whip my kids in this one. I almost always get my 3 porridges before my youngest even has a shot at her first chair.

EDIT: I either have to stop posting right away after reading the thread title, or people need to be less misleading on thread titles.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I saw the title of this thread and immediately was thinking it was referring to "The Heidi Game".

https://www.profootballhof.com/news/the-heidi-game/

As far as weather goes, I have sat through games during all the extremes. I prefer the cold ones because they usually mean something (playoffs). If you do decide to attend a bitter cold game, make sure you wear proper boots and boot warmers are suggested. That cold concrete on your feet for 3+ hrs is a killer, if there is still snow/ice in the isles, even worse!

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring a piece of cardboard to put between your boots and the concrete, or better yet, I usually bring a square of pink foam insulation. It makes an incredible difference.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I attended my first Packers game 62 years ago this month at old City Stadium.
I have since attended well over 60 Packers games in the ensuing years in both Milwaukee and Green Bay and sat through every imaginal type of weather Wisconsin can throw at you. The weather never mattered much to me until about the last five years.
I don't know if I will ever be able to attend another Packers game in my remaining years, but I can guarantee that I will never, even if the opportunity arises, that I will never sit through another game played after the month of September.
My last Packer game was many years ago. My father, wife, and I went to a game at old County Stadium. It was November and there was a very cold drizzle. At half time we called it a day and got home in time to watch most of the second half, warm and dry. And that was it. I’m too old to want to suffer through anything under 50 degrees, and with game broadcasts becoming so sophisticated with the placement of cameras, my favorite place to watch GB is from the comfort of my LazyBoy. Thanks anyway.