1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What concerns you the most about the Giants?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by FrankRizzo, Jan 13, 2012.

?

Which one area concerns you the most vs the Giants

1. Our OL protecting Rodgers vs their super D-line

42.4%
  2. Our rush defense vs Jacobs & Bradshaw

27.3%
  3. Our pass defense vs the great trifecta of Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, and Super Mario

12.1%
  4. Bad breaks and bad calls by zebras... they make plenty of bad calls. Depends who they go against.

18.2%
  1. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +388 / 7 / -0
    Newhouse was Clifton's replacement and he gave up 11.5 sacks in 13 games, far and away the most of any Packer OL. Getting back Clifton is major.

Newhouse did play very well against Julius Peppers week 16 however, which was nice to see. Allowed him no sacks.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +348 / 22 / -4
    You may be right but I realize that we've talked this subject to death and there's not really anything else to be gained by discussion so time to revert to confidence in our team and some friendly smack talk amongst rivals.
  3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    I actually grow my own hot peppers, (hobeneros) dry then use them that way
    • Like Like x 1
  4. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    http://www.totalpackers.com/2011/12/28/rodgers-appears-to-prefer-newhouse-over-clifton/

Rodgers quote

5. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +388 / 7 / -0
    Very interesting. I was wondering about this myself. I mean Marhsall Newhouse has been put in the most difficult position imaginable for a young and inexperienced LT because he's had to go against the likes of Jared Allen twice, Julius Peppers twice, not to mention Hali and JPP. We're talking the best pass rushers in the NFL. That's a real trial by fire. It could be that his last performance against Peppers was an indication of how much he improved. I don't remember how well he did against the Lions in the last game, but Flynn was not pressured that much so he must have done a decent job.

A real dilemma this one.
  6. whakka

whakka Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    i am a giants fan, but if i put my self in a packers fans' shoes, the one thing i would be concerned with the most would be that pass rush. the giants d-line is just relentless, and to chip a te here and there just means less to cover in the secondary. and in at close second is that if jacobs gets a lot of carries, he can really wear on a defense.

as a giants fan, the worst thing i can think of is letting the packers get more than a possession ahead. to play from behind means lots of passing, and that means an increased chance of ints. which the packers are very good at. we all know the stats for the packers once they force a turnover. i think the giants can play with the packers, but not if they give the ball up. basically the giants need a perfect game to win this. tds, not field goals. no ints. win turnover battle. control line on both sides of the ball. lead with jacobs, finish with bradshaw. keep running and keep rodgas off the field.
  7. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211 / 2 / -0
    Andrew, is that you? Stop blogging and start rehabbing your knee. You have a long road ahead to play for the Pack again...
  8. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211 / 2 / -0
    Yes, as long as Kuhn is there to assist him, Newhouse does very well...
  9. CoachBo

CoachBo Told Lombardi he was Ernest Borgnine at age 5

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    If I'm holding the playsheet, I come out and try to establish the run early, and I have a bunch of three-step stuff in the passing game scripted in off of that.

Defensively, I don't think Manning handles pressure well, so I'm attacking him early and often from every direction.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. AmishMafia

AmishMafia There's cheese under that hat

Ratings:
    +1,522 / 52 / -4
    Newhouse did play well towards the end, but also Peppers went into his 'don't give a ****' mode of play. What an a$s-hat. Contrast that with Allen who nearly set the sack record for the pathetic Vikings.

Anywho, I think we are seeing the last of Cliffy. With a full off-season, Newhouse can be every bit as effective and far more reliable than Clifton can be expected to be. Clifton gives us very little in the way of run blocking, so that should be interesting to see what our run game can become.
  11. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 60 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    Jeez how is Jimmy Graham (Saints #80 in that middle GIF) still even able to walk after that hit?
    Jeez.... must be nice to be 24 years old.
  12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    I think New gave up 3 sacks vs KC...if true thats 8.5 in 12 games, not good, but less then .5 per game
  13. PackersFanfromCali80

PackersFanfromCali80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    I think you even blitz Woodson or even Burnett once in a blue moon. I really think Clay is going to have a big game tomorrow. He gave Eli fits in New York and I anticipate the same in Lambeau.
  14. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    I'm nervous. Confident but nervous.

This game is starting to feel like a title game or Super Bowl to me now. The pressure seems that on. I honestly kinda think this is the toughest game the Packers can play this postseason. Yes tougher then the Niners. Or Saints. Or Pats or Ravens. This feels tough.

Green Bay has to bring it's A game and hope for some Lady Luck if they mess up at times.
  15. PackersFanfromCali80

PackersFanfromCali80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    The Packers just need to go out and play. Forget about the talk all week, don't worry about next week. Worry about 60 minutes against the Giants. Don't worry about what happened in 2008 since more than half of the current squad wasn't even on the team when that happened. I don't think they'll be nervous. They have already won the most nerve wracking game of them all last February. The last time I saw an angry and determined Packers team was against the Raiders where they just obliterated them by halftime. I expect to see a rested but irritable and irritated determined Packers team in about 11 1/2 hours.
  16. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    The defense period. I fear we won't get a pass rush, which will lead to long gainers like we have seen all season. We need to pressure Manning. That's the key to me.
  17. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    Third down D

Dropped passes
  18. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 60 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    MY ANSWER was their great WRs.
    I win so far.

Factor our HORRIBLE safety PEPRAH and no pass rush, and that's why you worry about HAKEEM NICKS and VICTOR CRUZ.
  19. whoartthou

whoartthou Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    I have thought this before and i will say it again. Hakeem nicks is >>> cruz. he is a boss. He will win the giants thsi game
  20. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 60 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    It's sickening.
    I thought it was all Favre before.
    I stand corrected.
  21. whakka

whakka Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
  22. NwkEffectElement

NwkEffectElement Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Enjoy that bratwurst while watching us win next week...LMFAO!!!!