What about Daunte Culpepper? [Merged topic]

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Daunte Culpepper?

I am shocked to see a Culpepper thread. He sucks, and I'd have no problem telling him. Pinnacle of the sport or not. And he can take is silly 'wheels on the bus' and park them elsewhere.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: What about Daunte Culpepper?

Dumb as a rock, cannot read defenses. His career was made chucking it up for grabs and having Randy Moss, in the prime of his career, chasing it down.

I cannot believe we are even discussing this.

Great post couldnt have said it better, if anything let him go back to the Vikings, he always looked good in purple..sorry vikes..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
What about Daunte Culpepper?

Friday Humor... or is it... Everybody seems to be soo down on Rodgers without him even being on the field yet.

http://nflblogs.profootballweekly.com/aroundtheNFL/

It's a modest proposal: Why not match up Culpepper and Green Bay?
The Dolphins say they'll deal or release Daunte Culpepper soon, likely by this weekend. Bet on him getting released.

There aren't a lot of teams that have immediate needs at QB. We have heard Jacksonville is interested. I would think Baltimore would at least toss the idea around if Culpepper is released, but they drafted Troy Smith and still have Kyle Boller as the backup. And we know that the Falcons are lying through their teeth if they say that (a) they are not worried about Michael Vick's impending legal issues or that (b) they think they are Ok with Joey Harrington and D.J. Shockley as their alternatives.

But why not Green Bay?

Think about it for a second.

The prevailing thought is that Culpepper rushed back from his knee injury and likely needs a year more to get back to full health. The Packers have a starter in Brett Favre who has a year, maybe two left. But find me a Packers executive who at this moment will go on record to say that Aaron Rodgers is the unquestioned successor, and I'll be very surprised.

Look, it's a roll of the dice. The fact that most teams are set at QB and that most will not invest heavily in a guy like Culpepper works in the Packers' favor, if they choose to show some interest. Assuming Favre has a year left and that Rodgers is not the prospect everyone thought two years ago, would it not be a good idea to have a Plan B other than, er, Ingle Martin?

Culpepper is 30. He's a three-time Pro Bowler who has undeniable skills. Maybe he's not a perfect fit in Joe Philbin's offense, assuming it's a derivative of Jeff Jagodzinski's, which is to say a West Coast and zone-rushing attack. But at this point, there are few plum spots open, and Culpepper can't be too picky.

What does work in his favor in Green Bay is that they have two good receivers in Greg Jennings and Donald Driver and a team that could be sneaky good in a couple years. That, to me, seems like a decent fit in that regard.

Maybe Culpepper isn't a cold-weather guy, and I am not even sure Culpepper is a Ted Thompson kind of guy. We know Thompson won't overspend; he'd rather wait a year and draft a QB they can groom. But Culpepper could be a ready-made replacement for Favre, and even if he only sticks for 2-3 years, you could buy yourself some time with a talent that's too good to waste.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
Daunte Culpepper

After Trent Green was acquired by the Dolphins and Daunte began to appear done as a Dolphin it didn't go through my head once that the Packers would try to pick him up. But apparently Dave Gladow of NFL.com thinks the Packers will be considering going after him or at least that we would be a nice fit. According to him we are number 1 on the list of "Where Daunte Culpepper might land next."

Here is what he says about us/DC:

1. Green Bay Packers -- The Packers are very familiar with what Culpepper can do, having faced him when he was a member of the NFC North rival Vikings on several occasions. Green Bay also has the salary cap space to make the move, but most importantly, the Packers have the need. Brett Favre is getting closer and closer to retirement, and the team has to find a replacement. Some observers think that player could be Aaron Rodgers, whom Green Bay drafted in the first round of the 2005 NFL Draft, but more and more it is becoming obvious the team has little confidence in him. Don't kid yourself -- Favre would have been sent packing two years ago if Rodgers was good enough. And with Favre struggling to the third-worst quarterback rating of his career last year (72.7), that doesn't say much for Rodgers at this point.

Of course, I'm not ready to condemn him to a Tommy Maddox-like career just yet. But it just seems clear that the team isn't entirely sold on him either. Whether Rodgers blossoms or not, it would be a good idea to have some veteran talent on hand to ease the transition when Favre retires. Culpepper would provide that.

Give Culpepper another year to recover from his disastrous knee injury, take the pressure off Aaron Rodgers to perform immediately and give the team added depth for the next several years. It makes sense.

Probably too much sense for it to actually happen.

Read the whole article and the rest of the top 5 here

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Daunte Culpepper

After Trent Green was acquired by the Dolphins and Daunte began to appear done as a Dolphin it didn't go through my head once that the Packers would try to pick him up. But apparently Dave Gladow of NFL.com thinks the Packers will be considering going after him or at least that we would be a nice fit. According to him we are number 1 on the list of "Where Daunte Culpepper might land next."

Here is what he says about us/DC:

1. Green Bay Packers -- The Packers are very familiar with what Culpepper can do, having faced him when he was a member of the NFC North rival Vikings on several occasions. Green Bay also has the salary cap space to make the move, but most importantly, the Packers have the need. Brett Favre is getting closer and closer to retirement, and the team has to find a replacement. Some observers think that player could be Aaron Rodgers, whom Green Bay drafted in the first round of the 2005 NFL Draft, but more and more it is becoming obvious the team has little confidence in him. Don't kid yourself -- Favre would have been sent packing two years ago if Rodgers was good enough. And with Favre struggling to the third-worst quarterback rating of his career last year (72.7), that doesn't say much for Rodgers at this point.

Of course, I'm not ready to condemn him to a Tommy Maddox-like career just yet. But it just seems clear that the team isn't entirely sold on him either. Whether Rodgers blossoms or not, it would be a good idea to have some veteran talent on hand to ease the transition when Favre retires. Culpepper would provide that.

Give Culpepper another year to recover from his disastrous knee injury, take the pressure off Aaron Rodgers to perform immediately and give the team added depth for the next several years. It makes sense.

Probably too much sense for it to actually happen.

Read the whole article and the rest of the top 5 here
http://www.packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11108

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
Daunte Culpepper

For whatever reason, I hope he doesn't come here. Just doesn't seem promising.

Devil_Doc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daunte Culpepper

If C-Pep wanted to ride the bench, he'd stay in Miami. He's looking for a starting position, or one that he can win. No way he comes to Green Bay on a small salary and rides the pine, either behind Favre and definitly not behind Rodgers.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daunte Culpepper

Ever time I read something like this all that I can think about is this....
Aaron Rodgers played almost a half a game with a broken foot which shows he has ****** made of granite.

Arron has never really had a chance.

Reports from Mini Camps say he is really doing well.

I personally am on the "Young Arron Wagon" until he kicks me off by getting a real chance and failing.

RP

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Daunte Culpepper

Aaron Rodgers played almost a half a game with a broken foot which shows he has ****** made of granite.

this does not show ****** its a brave thing but ive heard way harder things then this e.g jags Qb leftwitch playing the 4th quarter with a broke ankle in a collage game

as for culpepper

this guy is on slow path down hill i would be totaly annoyed if TT went after this guy

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

this does not show ****** its a brave thing but ive heard way harder things then this e.g jags Qb leftwitch playing the 4th quarter with a broke ankle in a collage game

as for culpepper

this guy is on slow path down hill i would be totaly annoyed if TT went after this guy

Jesus Christ.... Why are Internet sites full of people who want to destroy a point? Does Leftwhich's feat make Aaron's any less of a valid point.

Everything in life is judged in it's comparable value. We could one up each self all day long.

OK I will play along.... This guy has bigger ****** than Arron or Leftwhich...

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. - With no water and as little hope of survival, Aspen mountaineer Aron Ralston, 27, used a pocketknife to amputate his own arm and free himself from a boulder weighing 800-1,000 pounds that fell and trapped him for five days in a remote desert canyon in eastern Utah.

Pinned in a 3-foot wide slot canyon near the Maze District of Canyonlands National Park south of Moab, Utah, Ralston cut through his own arm below the elbow Thursday morning, applying a tourniquet and administering first aid before rigging anchors and fixing a rope to rappel to the bottom of Blue John Canyon and hiking out to meet rescuers. Ralston had been hiking alone when the boulder fell and pinned his right arm as he was moving through the narrow slot last Saturday afternoon, according to information from the sheriff's offices in Emery and Wayne counties.

I guess that means that my post and your post are freaking stupid and have no value.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daunte Culpepper

im pretty sure the coaches and TT are all about Rodgers.

i dont think they wanna kill his confidence by bringin in insurance.

and of course just like devil doc said... C-pep is way to full of himself and wont take a low salary to sit on a bench behind lowly aaron rodgers.

plus id really rather see what Rodgers can offer us. i think hes gonna be a pretty good QB when given the chance. it will be bittersweet to see Favre go... but cool to see what a new QB can do.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daunte Culpepper

easy RP don't challenge some on this forum it will just get you banned.

Culpepper will never end up in GB unless Brett and Aaron go down with injuries early in pre-season.

On A-Rod, I think he has to show the ability to lead the team in pre-season this year to convince the coaches that he is the man after Brett.

I am hoping WHEN Brett decides to hang them up that Arron comes in and breaks every one of his records.

Looks like TT is building a solid defense to help the offense. I believe if the defense plays to their potential that The offense is not going to be playing with the attitude they have to score everytime they have the ball to win the game, which we all know will make Brett a much better QB, and can only help Arron when he gets his chance.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Raider Pride said:
Why does this thread exist

Explain... Please. What exactly do you mean by "Why does this thread exist?"

Lay it out Trom. In detail.

I know it will be a good read.

R.P.

I think he might be implying its a waste of a thread since we have one that's I think two pages already.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Buckeyepackfan said:
easy RP don't challenge some on this forum it will just get you banned.

lol, for real?
Well then......... :chalflag:
LOLOL!!!
You have to do ALOT more then challenge someone. You have to be a complete **** to get banned. If you mess up here, unless you do something WAY over the top, you will get a warning.
Some people just don't take that warning and learn from it, they have the attitude that they will say what they want, and won't let ANYONE tell them what to do. So they get punished when they refuse to learn from their mistakes. Whats wrong with that?
I got banned from a different site without any warning at all. It was just "heave ho" and no chance to tell my side OR apologize to the one that i pissed off. He didn't like me cause i was a conservative, and that was the end.
Now THAT i would say was unfair. But here i have seen rules broke, with no consequences. But i also think Ryan and his mods take the overall posts of the poster, and consider that when they dole out punishments. Does the person involved have a track history of rule breaking, or was it just a rare occurance? Was the person baited into a response? All this i think plays into what is done.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Raider Pride said:
Why does this thread exist

Explain... Please. What exactly do you mean by "Why does this thread exist?"

Lay it out Trom. In detail.

I know it will be a good read.

R.P.

Sorry RP, tromadz is light years ahead of you.

But, I'll tell you why this thread exists:

It exists because some moron with a deadline made up some crap and had his article posted on the internet and then someone had to toss it around like it had any real merit.

Devil_Doc's post should have been the last one in the thread because that's what the moron who wrote the schlock should have known in the first place.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Raider Pride said:

as for culpepper

Jesus Christ.... Why are Internet sites full of people who want to destroy a point? Does Leftwhich's feat make Aaron's any less of a valid point.

Everything in life is judged in it's comparable value. We could one up each self all day long.

OK I will play along.... This guy has bigger ****** than Arron or Leftwhich...

GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. - With no water and as little hope of survival, Aspen mountaineer Aron Ralston, 27, used a pocketknife to amputate his own arm and free himself from a boulder weighing 800-1,000 pounds that fell and trapped him for five days in a remote desert canyon in eastern Utah.

Pinned in a 3-foot wide slot canyon near the Maze District of Canyonlands National Park south of Moab, Utah, Ralston cut through his own arm below the elbow Thursday morning, applying a tourniquet and administering first aid before rigging anchors and fixing a rope to rappel to the bottom of Blue John Canyon and hiking out to meet rescuers. Ralston had been hiking alone when the boulder fell and pinned his right arm as he was moving through the narrow slot last Saturday afternoon, according to information from the sheriff's offices in Emery and Wayne counties.

I guess that means that my post and your post are freaking stupid and have no value.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daunte Culpepper

First of all it's rediculous to assume the Packers have no faith in Rodgers and if they did he would have started two years ago. WHAT?

If he started two years ago we probably wouldn't have won a game.

If he started last year he probably would be dead.

Anyone that really wanted to see Rodgers in there over the last two years is not interested in seeing the guy succeed. A player that was not ready on a team that was not any where near ready for him.

How great would that have been to watch?

It's easy for some writer to say they would have sent Favre packing. With the track record of QB's coming out of ANY round they are supposed to KNOW what this kid will do in the pro's and send a HOF QB packing.

SURE.

I think the oxygen level might be a little low up there in those clouds or wherever it is this guy resides.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

This guy seems to have no luck whatsoever lately...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...rhand,0,694933.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

CORAL SPRINGS -- Miami Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper injured his hand last night in a two-vehicle crash, a Florida Highway Patrol spokesman said on Thursday.

The collision occurred about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday on the Sawgrass Expressway at Mile Marker 18, said FHP Lt. Mike Brown. Culpepper was westbound in a Chevrolet Caprice when he collided with an unidentified driver in a Chevy Avalanche. Both vehicles rolled off the roadway.

LocalLinks

When paramedics arrived, Culpepper complained of a hand injury, Brown said.

Paramedics took one of the injured to Coral Springs Medical Center, but Brown could not immediately say whether the patient was the quarterback or the other driver. Brown also could not say which hand Culpepper injured.

Details of the crash were to be released later Thursday, he said.

The crash comes the day after the NFL Players' Association filed a grievance against the Dolphins on behalf of Culpepper, claiming the team is denying him the opportunity to compete for a job.

The beleaguered Culpepper, who said he was given clearance to practice after two knee surgeries, may be in talks with the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts