Urlacher All Done In Chicago.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The last time I remember him making plays against favre was 6 years ago.

Check out nfl rewind from last season. He doesn't have it anymore. At this point Hawk is MUCH better. This coming from the guy who is a known Hawk hater.

IDK man, I think it was last season and the 2011 season.... Urlacher did pick off Arod. He has been a thorn in our side.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IDK man, I think it was last season and the 2011 season.... Urlacher did pick off Arod. He has been a thorn in our side.

He didnt have a pick in 2012 against Arod. Regardless, a pick isnt justification to sign a player. Ignoring the huge injury issue, you are letting what he has done cloud your mind in terms of what he can do next season. He graded out as the worst defensive player on the Bears last season.

Should I even mention he has never played in a 3-4?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
He didnt have a pick in 2012 against Arod. Regardless, a pick isnt justification to sign a player. Ignoring the huge injury issue, you are letting what he has done cloud your mind in terms of what he can do next season. He graded out as the worst defensive player on the Bears last season.

Should I even mention he has never played in a 3-4?

He's not clouding my mind. I stated that he should hang it up. IMO, he is done......beat up from the feet up and old by football years = go on a vacation and don't come back.
see post #5

H

HardRightEdge

Height in the middle, making it harder to hit the seams and throw over the middle of the field.
Anyone remember this guy making some Ints right in the middle of the field, on both Farve & Rodgers?
Right, plenty of times.

Donald Driver discussed this very point on NFL Network yesterday evening, with a film of Urlacher dropping in coverage to make a pick against Rodgers.

His opinion is "that was then" and that the current Urlacher is too slow to make that play.

Would he be better than Hawk? Perhaps. But not enough to pay out the kind of dough he's asking for, which at last report was $5.5 mil per year for 2 years, especially now that Jones has been signed.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last time I remember him making plays against favre was 6 years ago.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Urlacher also picked off Rodgers 2 years ago in the NFC Title game, returning it for about 40 yards.
You've forgotten a lot?

Also this past season:

Last season:

Hawk never makes plays. Urlacher has lost a full step probably, but he still can read QB's eyes, anticipate, make plays.

He's still hungry, wants one thing: A RING.
I like that kinda motivation, like what Ray Lewis had... even though people said he was done 3 years ago.

Bears fans DO NOT want to see Urlacher in a Packer uniform. Guess what? That makes me WANT to see it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Urlacher also picked off Rodgers 2 years ago in the NFC Title game, returning it for about 40 yards.
You've forgotten a lot?

Also this past season:

Last season:

Hawk never makes plays. Urlacher has lost a full step probably, but he still can read QB's eyes, anticipate, make plays.

He's still hungry, wants one thing: A RING.
I like that kinda motivation, like what Ray Lewis had... even though people said he was done 3 years ago.

Bears fans DO NOT want to see Urlacher in a Packer uniform. Guess what? That makes me WANT to see it.

1. I said Favre, not Rodgers. You know there is a difference right?

2. Highlights are fun for the sportscenter crowd but I try to stick with watching film personally. It gives you a complete picture.

3. Ray Lewis was terrible last season.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. I said Favre, not Rodgers. You know there is a difference right?

2. Highlights are fun for the sportscenter crowd but I try to stick with watching film personally. It gives you a complete picture.

3. Ray Lewis was terrible last season.
1- He's been a thorn in the side of Rodgers. Why dismiss that? He's made more plays vs Rodgers than Hawk has vs Cutler, no?

2- Urlacher highlights vs Hawk highlights, past 2 years. Go ahead and compare. I wonder what the ProFootballFocus stats show of the 2 last year and the year before.

3- Ray Lewis won the Super Bowl last season, and sometimes it's not just a guy's speed or youth that helps along the way. It's rarely THE most talented team who wins it all. Experience, timing, hunger, etc. those things are all factors.
We didn't have Keith Jackson or Reggie White or Sean Jones or Santana Dotson's best seasons. Or Andre Rison, Don Beebe, Bruce Wilkerson, Eugene Robinson, etc.

Some veteran leadership, hunger, CAN help sometimes. I see nothing to lose since Hawk makes no big plays, never has. Bishop & DJ Smith might not be ready this season from their injuries.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ Hawk had a better year stat wise than Urlacher did last year. The only thing Urlacher did better was he got an INT, returned it for a TD, forced and recovered 2 fumbles also. AJ had more sacks, tackles, and assist tackles. Urlacher hasn't recorded a sack since 2010; however, he did have 7 passes defensed during the 2012 season which is more than AJ's 0.

pro-football-reference.com used for stats

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ Hawk had a better year stat wise than Urlacher did last year. The only thing Urlacher did better was he got an INT, returned it for a TD, forced and recovered 2 fumbles also. AJ had more sacks, tackles, and assist tackles. Urlacher hasn't recorded a sack since 2010; however, he did have 7 passes defensed during the 2012 season which is more than AJ's 0.

pro-football-reference.com used for stats

A healthy Urlacher is still better than AJ Hawk any day.

OP
OP
packers020802

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm down in Chicago right now for training...
I heard one of the local radio guys ask he where he would like to go.....
Urlacher stated that he would like to go to a team that plays Chicago twice a yr......
just fyi

Vikes might bite........

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm down in Chicago right now for training...
I heard one of the local radio guys ask he where he would like to go.....
Urlacher stated that he would like to go to a team that plays Chicago twice a yr......
just fyi

Vikes might bite........
Vikes have publically stated that they have no interest in Urlacher. Though that really doesn't mean a hill of beans.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...lacher-reportedly-doesnt-interest-vikings-now

*edit* upon re-reading the source and after hearing that Urlacher would consider offers for 2 mil a year outside of Chicago I'm not so solid on the Vikes not being interested. But then again, is all conjecture at this point.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1- He's been a thorn in the side of Rodgers. Why dismiss that? He's made more plays vs Rodgers than Hawk has vs Cutler, no?

2- Urlacher highlights vs Hawk highlights, past 2 years. Go ahead and compare. I wonder what the ProFootballFocus stats show of the 2 last year and the year before.

3- Ray Lewis won the Super Bowl last season, and sometimes it's not just a guy's speed or youth that helps along the way. It's rarely THE most talented team who wins it all. Experience, timing, hunger, etc. those things are all factors.
We didn't have Keith Jackson or Reggie White or Sean Jones or Santana Dotson's best seasons. Or Andre Rison, Don Beebe, Bruce Wilkerson, Eugene Robinson, etc.

Some veteran leadership, hunger, CAN help sometimes. I see nothing to lose since Hawk makes no big plays, never has. Bishop & DJ Smith might not be ready this season from their injuries.

1. Dismiss what? I merely pointed out how Favre and the Packers played against Urlacher has ABSOLUTELY no bearing on his value today. That was 6 years ago. As far as how he plays against Rodgers, sure he caught an interception against him 2 seasons ago, but he also got shook out of his cleats by Rodgers.

2. Like I said before, Its pointless to compare highlight. Watching youtube highlights to argue which player is better is ridiculous. As I said before, PFF had Urlacher as the worst defensive player on the Bears last season.

3. What did Ray Lewis do last season to help them win the SB? I mean besides leave the middle open when put in coverage? And dont say motivate, because he gave a great motivational speech every time they got to the playoffs.

4. What makes you think its a good idea to try and teach a 3-4 defense to a 35 yr old player who has never played in it?

5. Would he even pass a physical? All I heard the past few years is about his back problems.

OP
OP
packers020802

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its been a week....

No one is gonna pay him....

retire.

Maybe he will be signed after the draft if a team is thin but being a Defensive heavy draft...... maybe not.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the Bears had a pretty good defense last year with him anchoring the middle, even playing hurt.
Would love him and his passion at a nice price. Steal the HEART & SOUL of the Bears.... he'd make the guys around him better.

Is that not possible?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts