UEFA Champions League

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I keep watching the supposed penalty over and over again and can't figure out why that was any kind of a penalty. I honestly think someone was paid off.
Incredibly soft Penalty, wrong decision by the ref.

Last edited:

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Thats going to be a tough game. However, if Bayern wants to win the CL they must be ready to beat them all, regardless of what team they are playing.
They certainly have a chance.

I just hate Real. To be the best you have to beat the best, so not upset about that. Just can't stand that team.

And apparently AS Roma leaked the results of the draw before the draw even happened....

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
I'm no fan of Bavaria, however its not impossible for them to beat Madrid. Juve showed in the previous round by scoring 3 against them away from home that they can be vulnerable in defence.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This is quite a match between Bayern and Real Madrid, so far. Nice to see the official is letting them play. Two pulled groins though is tough, Robben, then Boateng.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Alexei Lalas just dissed the Bundesliga. He said Bayern can't handle teams like Madrid because they don't play against any real competition during the season.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Alexei Lalas just dissed the Bundesliga. He said Bayern can't handle teams like Madrid because they don't play against any real competition during the season.

I don't buy that crap. It doesn't actually work out if you look at other leagues.

Today was weird. Bayern arguably performed better, but couldn't finish and made a couple very costly mistakes. Ronaldo was a non factor though, and Real were not dangerous in attack overall, but they capitalized on the very few opportunities given them.

Next week should be interesting.

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
One of the few times I root for Bayern and they always lose. Rafinha sucks. He wouldn't make the Brazil's women's team.

Bayern has no chance. The couldn't win at home and I don't think they were dominant. They definitely had their chances but they weren't superior to Madrid even tho Madrid is not dominant this year in La Liga.

Bayern must win 2-0 or 3-2 against Real Madrid in Madrid. Wont happen but I'll be glad to eat my words if they did. Now we just have to hope that Liverpool can keep form.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
One of the few times I root for Bayern and they always lose. Rafinha sucks. He wouldn't make the Brazil's women's team.

Bayern has no chance. The couldn't win at home and I don't think they were dominant. They definitely had their chances but they weren't superior to Madrid even tho Madrid is not dominant this year in La Liga.

Bayern must win 2-0 or 3-2 against Real Madrid in Madrid. Wont happen but I'll be glad to eat my words if they did. Now we just have to hope that Liverpool can keep form.

To be fair, this is exactly how it went last year, and Bayern had it all level going into extra time until things went bizarro world with the officiating. And I think this Bayern is better than that one. I'm not saying it will play out that way, but Real have certainly let teams come back on them before.

If not, Go Liverpool :p

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
To be fair, this is exactly how it went last year, and Bayern had it all level going into extra time until things went bizarro world with the officiating. And I think this Bayern is better than that one. I'm not saying it will play out that way, but Real have certainly let teams come back on them before.

If not, Go Liverpool :p

Fair take I guess. What in the world Rafinha was doing I don't know. I just don't see anything turning out different but Bayern can rest all their starters this weekend. Real can too I guess, as they aren't playing for anything this weekend either.

Sure, it will be interesting, but this plays no different than previous years and I wont watch it as I'm sure there will be a ripping off the shirt from Ronaldo. No need to see that.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Fair take I guess. What in the world Rafinha was doing I don't know. I just don't see anything turning out different but Bayern can rest all their starters this weekend. Real can too I guess, as they aren't playing for anything this weekend either.

Sure, it will be interesting, but this plays no different than previous years and I wont watch it as I'm sure there will be a ripping off the shirt from Ronaldo. No need to see that.

Rafhina was a real disappointment today. But Ribery and Lewandowski missing what should have been routine goals hurt as well.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
I hate to blame a (probable) loss of a tie on anything but play, but damn if Bayern aren't just completely riddled with them at the worst time possible. Now they are saying Javi won't start because of his head injury.

So all total that means no:

Neuer
Coman
Robben
Vidal
Boateng
Martinez

:confused::confused::confused:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I hate to blame a (probable) loss of a tie on anything but play, but damn if Bayern aren't just completely riddled with them at the worst time possible. Now they are saying Javi won't start because of his head injury.

So all total that means no:

Neuer
Coman
Robben
Vidal
Boateng
Martinez

:confused::confused::confused:

They can still field a pretty awesome team. I hope they give pretty boy and his gang a real run for their money.

OP
OP
PackerFan71

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Half time all to play for, Bavaria it seems have been wasteful so far. strange considering their talent up front. Yawn......Madrid score.

Itkovian

Perpetual Realist
Reaction score
Well bayern played better overall but made two horrendous mistakes over the course of the tie, and you just cant gift teams goals like that and expect to advance.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score