Trade Rumors

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is the link at the chatters

I'd take it with a grain of salt, though I do think the Pack may try to trade Corey. I'd take Denver off the list since they just got Shaun Rogers

Until proven otherwise, I'd equate that to getting information from this forum. What is smaller than salt?

3) No advertising other web sites.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packersfan4life said:
Here is the link at the chatters

I'd take it with a grain of salt, though I do think the Pack may try to trade Corey. I'd take Denver off the list since they just got Shaun Rogers

Until proven otherwise, I'd equate that to getting information from this forum. What is smaller than salt?

lol...nice link edit.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like the trade with Atlanta idea. We'd have a shot at both Rodgers-Cromartie, who had a sick workout at the combine yesterday, Keller, the TE from Purdue, or Carlson, the TE from Notre Dame. Also may be able to package our first and one of the seconds to move up (I know this is unlikely with TT at the helm, but you never know) to get Brandon Albert, who is the best guard in the draft.

I agree. getting Rodgers-Cromartie and Keller would be great.

packersfan4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You actually think I would advertise to that site? :roll: I was only posting where the information came from...no different than posting to ESPN or Pro Football Talk?

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
I really like the trade with Atlanta idea. We'd have a shot at both Rodgers-Cromartie, who had a sick workout at the combine yesterday, Keller, the TE from Purdue, or Carlson, the TE from Notre Dame. Also may be able to package our first and one of the seconds to move up (I know this is unlikely with TT at the helm, but you never know) to get Brandon Albert, who is the best guard in the draft.

id be happy with Kellar or Carlson who are both seem like hardworking determined guys who would work hard in GB.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:

I heard Rodgers-Cromartie excelled at the combine, which is a good and bad thing. He may be gone by #30. :(

rkoRKOrko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
John Clayton was just on NFL Live a few minutes ago, he said Corey Williams could be gone in a trade within the next few days. He said the Pack are looking for a 2nd round pick in return, so we'll see what happens in the next few days.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a second round pick for our deepest position on a guy who is leaving next year anyway. would be freakin awesome.

not as awesome as a 2nd and a 6th. but awesome

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PackOne said:

You actually think I would advertise to that site? :roll: I was only posting where the information came from...no different than posting to ESPN or Pro Football Talk?

PC.com and PF.com are content driven from their respective users. Without users, no content, no PC.com or PF.com.

ESPN and PFT.com work differently and are geared differently. ESPN is 'world wide sports' and does not get its content from its users nor does PFT.com.

Reaction score
Actually lately I had been leaning towards the idea of keeping Williams, try to sign him long term.

After today, with Raiders DT Tommy Kelly getting a 7 year - 50 million (18 million guaranteed) deal, I've started to lean towards the idea of trading Williams and getting what you can for him.

That's massive money, and I can't (and don't want to) see the Packers giving Williams anything near that amount of cash. Not at a position we are so deep at and rely on a rotation.

With Cole reportedly getting the second round RFA tender, I can see Ted looking to actively pursue a trade for Williams. Problem is that Rogers, Jenkins, Stroud are also rumoured to be on the market, so the supply of DTs available might be greater than the demand, meaning the Packers will have to settle for a lower draft pick than they'd have originally wanted.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:

Actually the ....

... is a front page rule on that "other" site. It was not directed towards you in anyway. I thought it funny that a link was posted to another site who warns it's users of the above.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the value of the Franchise Tag for a DT changes in light of the contract by DT Tommy Kelly?

The value was around 6.3 million, but would that value increase in light of the new contract that Kelly got?

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Does anyone know if the value of the Franchise Tag for a DT changes in light of the contract by DT Tommy Kelly?

The value was around 6.3 million, but would that value increase in light of the new contract that Kelly got?

Yes, it can. I also read somewhere that teams can front load the contract to increase the cap number as well to irritate other teams.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Yes, it can. I also read somewhere that teams can front load the contract to increase the cap number as well to irritate other teams.

:| .... :doh:

That sucks.

A cut and pasted example....

One way to use up the current year cap bulge is to use large roster bonuses in lieu of signing bonuses for any free agents that they might sign. If, for example, the Bucs were to sign cornerback Asante Samuel, they could give him a $20 million roster bonus, which would count fully against this year's cap. In turn, he would have significantly lower cap numbers in future years of the deal.

There's another potential benefit to such a move. Because the Raiders have applied the exclusive franchise tag to cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, his one-year tender will be based on the average of the five highest-paid corners in 2008. A cap number in excess of $20 million for Samuel would force that number north by $2 million or more.

Given that Bucs coach Jon Gruden and G.M. Bruce Allen used to work for the Raiders, we could see them getting a kick out of sticking it to their former employer in this way.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Raider Pride said:
Thanks, I did not see anything on PFT, and they usualy have em all valid or invalid.

Yes, but pf.com has more (founded or unfounded) rumors and juicy gossip during offseason, which I find much more thrilling than PFT and their "sources". :pop:

PFT, first thing every morning.

Just because I think it's cool, I emailed Mike Florio head of PFT today and said thanks for the hard work during day one of free agency. They were writing their arses off. He actually emailed back and said thanks. Thought it was a class act all the way from a guy who was on the Jim Rome show a few hours earlier.

Members online

Latest posts