TNF: Green Bay goes to Seattle

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I’m hyped for this one. The Packers have won three in a row against the Seahawks, but all of those have been at home. The Packers have not won in Seattle in the Rodgers era since 2008 (Rodgers’ rookie year). That includes the Fail Mary game, and the NFCCG debacle.

Huge game until we get a mini bye prior to the Vikings showdown.

Thoughts/expectations?

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scary place to play, especially on a short week. It feels like Rodgers never wins there.

Run Jones early to quiet the crowd and get everyone calmed down and in a groove. Take a shot or two for MVS. Keep Wilson in the pocket. Alexander's status will be critical.

No idea what to expect to be honest, but if they can somehow win this one you have to feel mighty good about 10 days rest before heading to Minnesota

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I hate TNF. It's a terrible product compared to Sunday/Monday games. The home team has an out-sized advantage. This year has been the same so far. Excluding week one (where the home team won, but the short week thing is irrelevant), road teams are 2-7 on Thursday nights this year. The seven losses have been by an average of 17 points. Only two of them have been decided by one score and only one of them by less than a touchdown. That's compounded by the reality that Seattle has a great home field advantage to begin with.

Unfortunately for the Packers, they're really not in a position to capitulate to the circumstances. They probably aren't making the playoffs at anything less than 10-5-1, which affords them one more loss. They still have to play @MIN and @Chi. So while it's possible that they could lose this week's game, run the table, and get in... it doesn't feel entirely likely.

I am not expecting a short week road win @ SEA, but I'll happily take it.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Neither the Packers or Seattle have any true identity this far in the season. This is anyone’s game. I do like our pass rush against Seattle’s Oline and AJ vs. Seattles run stop. I don’t like Rodgers in this game, or traveling to Seattle on the short week.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playing around Jones will jump-start the rest of the offense. Defense will make just enough plays including at least one turnover. We have some football karma stocked up in this building and in this season. 35-30 Packers.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, the Seahawks offensive line has been much improved this year. Their new line coach has done quite a job.

D

Deleted member 6794

Actually, the Seahawks offensive line has been much improved this year. Their new line coach has done quite a job.

True, the Seahawks offensive line is improved in pass protection but they still struggle blocking for the run.

Reaction score
we moved up 3 spots ( from 10 to 7 ) in the wild card. jumped ahead of atlanta, dallas and seattle. so we need to win in seattle

D

Deleted member 6794

Still not bad. Still number one in yards.

While that's true for yards per game (which isn't a great metric to evaluate a team's success) that doesn't mean their offensive line is especially good at blocking for the run.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like we keep coming close to going ham and having a big 38-45 point game on offense, but then right before the flood gates go open, either MM, Rodgers or Zook's special teams go shutting the spicket off.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While that's true for yards per game (which isn't a great metric to evaluate a team's success) that doesn't mean their offensive line is especially good at blocking for the run.
They are second in attempts and average nearly 5 per run without a dominant "lead back" type of guy. This tells me they aren't gaining these yards by simply running the ball every play rather being efficient in their attack. I would say that makes them a pretty darn good run blocking team. I watched Chris Carson play in person on numerous occasions and he is no Pro Bowl caliber RB. He was buried on the depth chart during much of his time in Stillwater. He is a nice enough player but the run blocking has allowed him to flourish as much as he has.

SeahawkFan80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We do have an identity. We are now smashmouth running on the football. Our passing game is a little suspect at the moment but is getting there with a different set of OC, Line Coach, and Defensive Coordinator. We also lost all the LOB, there fore are somewhat starting off fresh with a bundle of rookies and sophmores. There are a few guys that have been around but for the most part we have what I think are a freshman year this year, and next year will probably make a run. You all have a chance to make the playoffs and we have a slimmer chance now. So every game is gonna mean something. As always, I hope for no injuries to either team. Carson may be back and is a work horse for us. Go Hawks.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Two teams that really need a win. I agree with SF80 that the Seahawks are desperate. I would venture to say that with a loss, it almost shuts the door completely on their playoff hopes simply because of the division they play in.

Though this game is huge for the Packers as well, even with a loss, they could bounce back against the Vikes and be right back in the thick of the division race.

Members online

Latest posts