This pretty much sums it up

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyle...

Dont lose your time, iether you agree with TT 100% and worship him or you are a !"·$%% id1ot that has a bean for brain.

I am sorry that this is ending like it is, we should all e entitled to our own opinion and should be able to have rational discussions..

Nothing says rational discussion like a "dont waste your time on these people" post.

:thumbsup:

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, 2 are starters, one of them a possible allpro(Collins, but we'll see).

I don't know where everyone gets this Collins is a playmaker and is a potential all pro nonsense from. He was largely invisible last year, save for the Bears game. One great game does not an All Pro make.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
but can you say that Thompson's drafts have given us more.

Taut the 06' class all you would like, so far it looks excellent. But we shall see

lol, that's not fair. you want people to show\prove his drafts are good, then say we can't cuz it's too early(which i agree with). But which is it? Prove it, or wait and see?

Lets just wait and see.

But as Packers fans (flap,pyle don't fit) while we wait and see who is good and who is a bust, lets ROOT for them, and root the scouts did a good job, and root that management didn't mess up.

Oh I will root them on like I do every year, I just don't see it turning out in a playoff appearance in 2007. Like I said, I sure hope that they prove the doubters wrong.

God bless the Packers.. even if Ted continues to bless us as well.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pyle...

Dont lose your time, iether you agree with TT 100% and worship him or you are a !"·$%% id1ot that has a bean for brain.

I am sorry that this is ending like it is, we should all e entitled to our own opinion and should be able to have rational discussions..

Anyway I think TT will fail and it will cost the team a bunch of years..

Time will tell

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
tromadz said:

I don't know where everyone gets this Collins is a playmaker and is a potential all pro nonsense from. He was largely invisible last year, save for the Bears game. One great game does not an All Pro make.

To be fair, he hasn't had the same coordinator nor running mate at safety in his two years... inconsistency should be expected.

To me so far he looks like Anderson... great rookie year and now we wait. Hopefully his second year under Marty Jr doesn't set him back to far. He has all the tools.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
tromadz said:

To be fair, he hasn't had the same coordinator nor running mate at safety in his two years... inconsistency should be expected.

I didnt say he was an all pro. I said possible. lol @ misquoting me.

Collins no doubt had a bit if a sophmore slump, but he has shown FLASHES that he can be great. He(and coaches) have to turn those flashes into consistent play.

:rotflmao:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:

Pyle...

Anyway I think TT will fail and it will cost the team a bunch of years..

Time will tell

Well at least it won't be like the guy before him who was handed a silver platter of players in their prime and couldn't get it done.

If we don't win a SB in this decade your a little late jabbing the guy most responsible because he's already out the door.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

In Collins' defense, do not forget who he was playing opposite of last season. How many plays did Manuel miss that Collins had to cross the field to catch? Had we have had a competant SS, Collins would have had a lot better season. One man cannot play both S positions at the same time and expect to look good.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
What you really should be *****ing about is all the ****** draft picks three years back and more that are NOT HERE now and NOT helping us get to that SB you want so bad.

Please tell me what the 05' class is doing for us now?

Rd Sel# Player Pos. School
1 29 Nick Barnett MLB Oregon State - Starting LB - Pro Bowl Possible?
3 79 Kenny Peterson DE Ohio State
5 147 James Lee NT Oregon State
5 166 Hunter Hillenmeyer OLB Vanderbilt - Starting LB for Bears
6 212 Brennan Curtin T Notre Dame
7 245 Chris Johnson CB Louisville
7 253 DeAndrew Rubin WR South Florida
7 256 Carl Ford WR Toledo
7 257 Steve Josue LB Carson-Newman

1 25 Ahmad Carroll CB Arkansas
3 70 Joey Thomas CB Montana State
3 72 Donnell Washington DT Clemson
3 87 B.J. Sander P Ohio State
6 179 Corey Williams DT Arkansas State Starter DT
7 251 Scott Wells C Tennessee Starting C

1 24 Aaron Rodgers QB California
2 51 Nick Collins FS Bethune-Cookman - Starter S
2 58 Terrence Murphy WR Texas A&M
4 115 Marviel Underwood SS San Diego State
4 125 Brady Poppinga OLB Brigham Young Starter LB
5 143 Junius Coston T North Carolina A&T
5 167 Michael Hawkins CB Oklahoma
6 180 Mike Montgomery DE Texas A&M
6 195 Craig Bragg WR UCLA
7 245 Kurt Campbell LB Albany, N.Y.
7 246 William Whitticker G Michigan State

My point here isn't that Ted Sucks... it is that so far his 05 class hasn't given us much more than the previous two classes. So tell me where the improvement is? I don't see much more of an improvement than previous.

I think the improvement in the draft can still show. Barnett is the ONLY player left on the team from the 03 draft and only Cory Williams and Scott Wells remian from the 04 draft. Barnett is a very solid player. If I recall correctly we also cut Hillenmeyer to keep BJ Sander on the roster. So basically the other picks amounted to drop outs and the loss of 25% of the good picks in those two drafts. As for the 05 draft we have got two starters from that draft as you mentioned. I think Collins has the potential to develop into the best player out of all three of those drafts but as it stands now Collins and Poppinga are better than Williams and around the same level as Wells depending on who you talk to. We still have a lot of potential in Rodgers and Underwood and at least Coston and Montgomery have become backups. So that draft is a little better based on depth and potential (which could dry up leaving it not much better afterall). That's just my take though.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I said previously, I just don't think we can judge TT or this team by this draft, last year's draft or the draft the year before. He should be judged by the performance of the team he puts on the field.

It's interesting to me to still see people making excuses for his and the team's performance by blaming it on someone else. Like I said before, once you accept losing as a performance standard the excuses are pretty easy to come by.

For example, here's a quote from Vince Lombardi (never heard too many excuses from him)- Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

And if you want to give a guy excuses for losing, boy Ron Wolf had 20 years of futility and poor management to blame. What did he say upon assessing the team and his job when he came here- "I was brought here to win." And win he did. Never a losing season, playoffs the second year, Super Bowl winners in his fifth year. Just a question for the TT supporters, how many of you truly believe we'll win the Super Bowl in 2 more years under TT's direction? I thought so.

Ron Wolf made tons of mistakes in drafting and personnel decisions. Most people thought he was nuts for signing Reggie to the contract he did and trading a first for Brett. But it didn't stop him from trying anything he could to make this team win. How many of you can say the same about TT? As one site stated, about the riskiest thing TT ever did in his life was fart in the bathtub. And it shows. Because if you're afraid to take risks, you're probably going to fail, or at best be boringly average.

IMO, Green Bay is boringly average. And I don't see anything yet that convinces me that we'll be anything different this season.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I said previously, I just don't think we can judge TT or this team by this draft, last year's draft or the draft the year before. He should be judged by the performance of the team he puts on the field.

It's interesting to me to still see people making excuses for his and the team's performance by blaming it on someone else. Like I said before, once you accept losing as a performance standard the excuses are pretty easy to come by.

For example, here's a quote from Vince Lombardi (never heard too many excuses from him)- Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

And if you want to give a guy excuses for losing, boy Ron Wolf had 20 years of futility and poor management to blame. What did he say upon assessing the team and his job when he came here- "I was brought here to win." And win he did. Never a losing season, playoffs the second year, Super Bowl winners in his fifth year. Just a question for the TT supporters, how many of you truly believe we'll win the Super Bowl in 2 more years under TT's direction? I thought so.

Ron Wolf made tons of mistakes in drafting and personnel decisions. Most people thought he was nuts for signing Reggie to the contract he did and trading a first for Brett. But it didn't stop him from trying anything he could to make this team win. How many of you can say the same about TT? As one site stated, about the riskiest thing TT ever did in his life was fart in the bathtub. And it shows. Because if you're afraid to take risks, you're probably going to fail, or at best be boringly average.

IMO, Green Bay is boringly average. And I don't see anything yet that convinces me that we'll be anything different this season.

I love it!

You people live your life based on what could be instead of what it is. You can continue to point to the future, continue to say "wait til next year" and continue to cross your fingers and pray at night that next year will be better. You can live in the world of "potential" and buy into the "plan" but what you can't do is sit back and watch GB playing in January, and thats ALL that matters.

The Knight in shining armor is going to be riding off into the sunset and we are going to be left in shambles. The chariot has pulled up to take someone to the dance but it sure isn't us. Instead we will be left at home to scrub the floor.

Thanks Ted!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:

I love it!

You people live your life based on what could be instead of what it is. You can continue to point to the future, continue to say "wait til next year" and continue to cross your fingers and pray at night that next year will be better. You can live in the world of "potential" and buy into the "plan" but what you can't do is sit back and watch GB playing in January, and thats ALL that matters.

The Knight in shining armor is going to be riding off into the sunset and we are going to be left in shambles. The chariot has pulled up to take someone to the dance but it sure isn't us. Instead we will be left at home to scrub the floor.

Thanks Ted!

I think you are placing blame at the wrong doorstep Pyle! Favre and Ahman's prime years for that matter were pissed away by the Sherminator, and you can type until your an old man and will never convince me otherwise.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Lare said:

I love it!

Thanks Ted!

I think you are placing blame at the wrong doorstep Pyle! Favre and Ahman's prime years for that matter were pissed away by the Sherminator, and you can type until your an old man and will never convince me otherwise.

WTF does this have to do with Sherman?

Ted Thompson is a LOSER. He has never assembled a playoff team and never has got us past .500. That's FACT FACT FACT

Place the blame where you may but Ted's accountable. THere were plenty of guys he could have signed, but time and time again he does not. It's not risking the future it's called making a push and having a sense of urgency to win.

You guys are hilarious with this TED IS BUILDING crap. Tell me when we go to the Super Bowl? Make a prediction if you are so confident. 10 years? 5 years? How long, put your neck out there.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love it!

Thanks Ted!

Well we kind of have to wait for the season to start, Nostradamus. The truth is you have absolutely no idea what we drafted. Wait and see. I suppose if your normal state of existence is panic, keep it up.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I love it!

Thanks Ted!

Well we kind of have to wait for the season to start, Nostradamus.

No, Pyle knows all. I heard Pyle doesn't even watch the games, he knows the score before opening kickoff!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
Lare said:

I love it!

Thanks Ted!

WTF does this have to do with Sherman?

Ted Thompson is a LOSER. He has never assembled a playoff team and never has got us past .500. That's FACT FACT FACT

Place the blame where you may but Ted's accountable. THere were plenty of guys he could have signed, but time and time again he does not. It's not risking the future it's called making a push and having a sense of urgency to win.

You guys are hilarious with this TED IS BUILDING crap. Tell me when we go to the Super Bowl? Make a prediction if you are so confident. 10 years? 5 years? How long, put your neck out there.

You have consistently blamed TT for ruining the Packers, and I along with many others in this forum always cut you off and remind you of the boob that put us in cap hell and ran our defense into the laughing stock of the league. TT had no choice but to dismantle that team and start over.

I guess you feel a GM can just snap his fingers and it's fixed. Maybe in a fairy tale, but to do it right takes time. You certainly will never be accused of having the patience of Job. We won't be in the super bowl this year, but we're not going to have our ***** handed us by physical teams anymore either. My man Tromadz says 2010, and I feel that is reasonable. Until then the goal year should be the playoffs.

I feel bad for Favre that he is in the twilight of his career and probably won't see another super bowl. But you sit there day after day and blame TT solely for it, you are being unfair, and I will call you on it every time.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
TOPackerFan said:
tromadz said:

I didnt say he was an all pro. I said possible. lol @ misquoting me.

Collins no doubt had a bit if a sophmore slump, but he has shown FLASHES that he can be great. He(and coaches) have to turn those flashes into consistent play.

:rotflmao:

Can you read? I didn't misquote you. Look at the 15th word of my post. It's "potential."

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyle said:"Ted Thompson is a LOSER. He has never assembled a playoff team and never has got us past .500. That's FACT FACT FACT"

Man.....this is Thompson's 3rd year. You sure are giving him alot of time to fix things, hey? I hope your boss where you works expects as much from you. Things were messed up when TT got here. He's trying to fix it.
Your so smart, why don't you apply for his job? I mean.....if you are so much more intellegent, and can magically turn the Packers into instant Super Bowl contenders, why don't you just go and do it?
I'm SURE they would appreciate a genius such as you, one that has ALL the answers.

Reaction score
all about da packers said:
all about da packers said:
pyledriver80 said:
How long did it take the Saints to turn it around?

How long did it take the Chargers to turn it around?

AND how long did it take the Bears to turn it around?

Are you answering a question with a question?

It took Saints GM Mickey Loomis 4 years to turn that team into a winner (came on after the 2002 season if I remember correctly)....

Members online

Latest posts