This is a complete shot in the dark from a few days after Super Bowl XXXII

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
This question is a complete shot in the dark, hoping someone from Green Bay will remember what I'm talking about. In the Green Bay Press Gazette a few days after we lost the Super Bowl....two dj's from Denver took out a full page ad in the press gazette. The ad featured two hands, one on each edge of the page holding an index finger in a "number 1" motion. There were some congratulatory words for the Packers on a good season from the Denver disc jockeys. Upon further inspection of the ad there were two "fold here," lines. When the ad was folded, the two hands came together to show one hand with the middle finger extended and the bottom of the paper read F*** You.

Does anyone else remember this? Better yet does anyone have that newspaper saved? If so I would pay good money for it, as I would like to frame that page and put it in my Packer room. I think its one of the most unique things I've ever seen in Packer history and really wanna get my hands on it.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
wow that is CRAZY!!!! (yet ridiculously creative!)

now i really hate the bronco's!

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Are those DJ's still on the air in Denver? Someone should've called in a rubbed this SB in a little. :D

I tried to call them this morning. Number was disconnected. On a different note.....after the Super Bowl victory this year, me and my buddies called random businesses to rub it in. For example we called a Wal Mart in Pittsburgh and said, "Did you just watch the Super Bowl?"

And the Wal Mart guy was like, "No, unfortunately I couldn't because I'm at work. What's the score?"

I screamed back, "WE JUST KICKED YOUR A**! GO PACK!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOO!"

We called a bunch of taco bell's and McDonalds as well and got similar results. Hilarious.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Stupid Broncos fan, my biggest beef with South Park is that they are all Bronco's fans. I have been tempted to visit Radio Doctor here in Madison since they had a Steelers fan on these boards.

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Stupid Broncos fan, my biggest beef with South Park is that they are all Bronco's fans. I have been tempted to visit Radio Doctor here in Madison since they had a Steelers fan on these boards.

You should have called random Pittsburgh businesses to talk smack about the Super Bowl. Still can. Do it right now. It will feel good. Just scream into the phone...."HOw did the SUper Bowl work out for you????/ GO PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my biggest beef with South Park is that they are all Bronco's fans.

If you watched these shows, how did you feel about sports fandom in Family Matters (the one with Steve Urkel) & the Bernie Mac show, considering that these shows took place in Chicago and all of the characters were Bears fans?

Back on topic: How about this for retaliation: We go to Denver and put an ad in the main newspaper supporting the Broncos. However, that ad will have "fold here" signs that, when folded, reveal a picture of Josh McDaniels. That would be the biggest insult to Broncos fans ever.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I went into a sandwich shop today and the girl behind the counter made a comment about my Super Bowl Champions hat, then she said; everybody around here are Steelers fans. I told her, "I'm from around here and I've been a Packer fan all my life."

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score

Maybe, but they did pretty much make fun of Cutler while he was playing for them.

I remember a line where they met him and it went "Nice to meet you, I mean you kind of suck, but my dad thinks you may be good some day"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DPBgqKwvDs"]‪Jay Cutler QB of Chicago Bears on South Park‬&rlm; - YouTube[/ame]

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I went into a sandwich shop today and the girl behind the counter made a comment about my Super Bowl Champions hat, then she said; everybody around here are Steelers fans. I told her, "I'm from around here and I've been a Packer fan all my life."
We're everywhere, we're everywhere!!!

Members online