Things during the game

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard that when the Charges were on their last possession, Rivers had to go to a silent count because the Packer fans were so loud the offense couldnt hear the count..

WTH???? In your own stadium, the opposing fans were that loud? Whats wrong with the Charger fans?

I could hear the KUHN chant just like it was at Lambeau..

What else did people notice DURING or at the game, that showed how much our fan base over powered theirs?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It happens at other stadiums too. Look at the Atlanta game last year. By the end of the game, it was pretty much ALL Packers fans yelling. You can hear them yell, "Go Pack Go" and "KUUUUUUHHHHNNNN." Packers fans are EVERYWHERE and I guess we don't mind coming out to represent for our team! But it still must be upsetting for Rivers to be in his own stadium and hear, "Go Pack Go" he must think, are we at Lambeau or something? I love hearing it when the Pack fans make more noise than the home fans at away games!!! I love it! :roflmao:

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
But at Atlanta, only Pack fans were left..Others left cuz it was over..

Last night it was a tight game and supposedly their fans should have stayed and cheered on their team..I guess not..

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep. I heard the roars. Reminds me of the Tampa Bay game back in late 96. More Packer fans than the home team. A testament to our fans in Southern CA. Maybe Chargers fans don't cheer in the rain?! LOL

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha yeah, and a couple months ago I got ripped apart by a San Diego fan on here for saying they had bad fans. Well, it's obvious now, isn't it? Silent count in their home stadium? That's embarrassing.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of something I meant to post before. Before the Packers/Bears game earlier this season, I heard a discussion on the Score (670 AM), the self-proclaimed Bears' radio station. The hosts were admonishing Bears fans to shut up when the Bears get in the red zone. Apparently enough Bears fans who show up at home games are so clueless they don't realize making a lot of noise impairs their team when it's on offense. Honestly, I'm not making this up!

I thought there'd be a bunch of Packers fans at the game yesterday when the San Diego Tailgate thread appeared here in early October - way to go Packers fans!

Reaction score
I was at the game. After the Pack went up 45-24 Chargers fans started exiting. A couple of times on defense both Raji and Clay would lift up their arms for the crowd to get louder. Are you kidding me? LOL. On the road, asking for a crowd to get louder. Wow! I would also say about half of the people at the game were Chargers fans. That's on the Chargers fanbase...no opposing team's fans should ever dominate a home stadium like that.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was awesome! I too was at the game. Now my boss has been a Chargers season ticket holder since '93 and every season she can't make it to about 2-3 games. I take the opportunity and go to at least one Bolt game a year. I can honestly say this, the last time I can remember an opposing team fan base dominate qualcomm was in 2000 during their 1-15 season. The next year they drafted Brees and Tomlinson and since then Bolts fans have had hope. Yesterday, my wife and I took the trolley and ON THE TROLLEY fans started chanting "Go Pack Go!!!!" I know Packer fans estimates have been all over the place, but I would say it was close to 50/50. Everyone, who was at the game should be proud: YOU did your part in making Qualcomm, Lambeau west! :D

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the game. After the Pack went up 45-24 Chargers fans started exiting. A couple of times on defense both Raji and Clay would lift up their arms for the crowd to get louder. Are you kidding me? LOL. On the road, asking for a crowd to get louder. Wow! I would also say about half of the people at the game were Chargers fans. That's on the Chargers fanbase...no opposing team's fans should ever dominate a home stadium like that.

Yeah, that cracked me up. Our whole section was probably 90% Packers fans. The place was rip-roaring loud!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something worth pointing out- Qualcomm experienced the 3rd largest attendance record in team history yesterday. Shows the power of Packer nation.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone else see the Packer/Charger/Steelers fan? LOL! He was walking around aimlessly, he looked totally lost.

I asked if I could take his pic, he got kinda upset. "I can like 3 teams o.k.!!!!" He had a Rodgers jersey with a Chargers cap and a Steelers lettermans jacket. :laugh:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone else see the Packer/Charger/Steelers fan? LOL! He was walking around aimlessly, he looked totally lost.

I asked if I could take his pic, he got kinda upset. "I can like 3 teams o.k.!!!!" He had a Rodgers jersey with a Chargers cap and a Steelers lettermans jacket. :laugh:
Hmmmm....
Seems like he wants to be nominated for the Bandwagon Fan of the Year award.
That or he just wants to be sure that a team he's rooting for makes it to the SB.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Sounds to me like he didn't want to make anyone mad -- especially a Steeler fan, because he knows how violent they can become.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like he would get what he deserves. Maybe the guy is in witness protection and that's why he didn't want his picture taken.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Near the end of the game when the Pack was backed up near their own endzone, you could hear what sounded like an intercom pumping DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE but I could not hear it like the crowd was chanting it, it just sounded like a record being played real loud. Definitely not like the other California teams, back in the 90's, I think we all could hear the 49ers stadium come to life when the fans would start chanting Defense.

I'll take the Pack as the most cheered road team I have ever seen.

Back in 2009, when the Saints went to Atlanta for their 13th consecutive win, the papers claimed Brees was saying that there was more Saints fans in that stadium than Falcons fans, and that seemed true just watching it on TV cause it was not that loud.

Then in the playoffs last year, the Pack fans took over the Georgia Dome after the first touchdown in the second half. Really not a shock anymore when the Eagles played them there this year and there was a majority of Falcon fans rooting for Michael Vick which was pathetic. That's like if when Favre played us, we all were pulling for him and not our team.

2 Teams I have hardly ever seen cheered on the road is the Redskins and Browns, but let me re-phrase that, since the Browns became a team again in 1999, I have never seen them have fans in other teams stadiums except for Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, and that is a very low number. When I was younger, I remembered seeing Redskins fans at many road games, but over the last decade that has slowly decreased down to barely anything.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
several reporters have said that this was the biggest away support they have ever seen for a team.

Favre throwing 421 in the dump was the biggest away support I had personally been a part of.

Members online