The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 31 43.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its weird that some blame a lack of trust and talent in WRs for Rodgers' shortcomings, yet Adams was arguably the best in the NFL and Rodgers wanted both Cobb and Lazard to come with him to NY.

It is up to the QB to help train the WR and get them up to speed. Not throwing to an open WR to punish him may encourage him to work harder or learn better. But my impression (from rarely seeing him talk to teammates or coaches on the sidelines) is that he put forth less effort than most QBs in helping the receivers develop.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It is up to the QB to help train the WR and get them up to speed. Not throwing to an open WR to punish him may encourage him to work harder or learn better. But my impression (from rarely seeing him talk to teammates or coaches on the sidelines) is that he put forth less effort than most QBs in helping the receivers develop.
This might be the point of disagreement for some.

I agree with you, it was quite clear to me that Rodgers not showing up for OTA's to work with new/young receivers and as you said, his cold shoulder on the sidelines made it pretty obvious how he felt about who's job it was to be ready. Which sets up the opposing view point some might have, feeling it wasn't Rodgers responsibility for receivers to learn the playbook and know their job inside and out.

I understand that how some want to stick to that viewpoint, but in a team sport, a good teammate should have their teammates back. Especially when you consider that Rodgers was the leader of the team, as well as a very highly paid one. Call it the fault of the GM's Rodgers played under, that they didn't give him enough talent to thrive on the backend of his career in GB, but it was still Rodgers job to not **** and moan about it and use that as a reason to act like a kid that didn't get his way.

Cobb didn't say what he said on Hard Knocks to dis Rodgers, he said it because it is true.

Enough from me on this....just realized that once again, some of us (me included) have hijacked another thread and made it about Rodgers. Apologies to those that don't want to hear it anymore. The good news, it appears that Jordan Love is a total team player! :)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could go back thru the last 20 or so years and find examples every year of Rodgers having his teammates backs, most times we didn't even find out until years after that player was gone, Johny Jolly for instance. But the Ruevell Martin's, Boykins, St. Brown, MVS Winfree etc. all were backed by him and repeatedly encouraged.

I still see it as a work hard mistakes etc were accepted just fine. I still think Lazard was a very assingment unsure receiver which is what held back his numbers, but he worked, hard so he was never shunned at all. quite the opposite.

We're talking about guys like Ty Montgomery, Amari Rodgers Duguara who seem to have been in his doghouse. At least 2 out of those 3 have shown in other places why they were likely there in the first place. They've shown to be very poor players overall and pretty selfish in multiple places.

Some see it as a knock on the QB, history kind of shows it's good personnel evaluation if you ask me.

Reaction score
I was going to reply to Oldschool and then I read Amish. They seem to have the same opinion on Rodgers yet I find it contradictory to a certain extent. If he was worried about his personal stats over the team wouldn't those stats be enhanced by throwing to an open receiver for a TD? IMO you guys have the benefit of hindsight as AR only won 1 SB playing the way that he felt comfortable. IMO we will never know how many more games he would have won (or lost) playing it differently.
That’s just my opinion on him not being aggressive enough in bigger games. It’s hard to substantiate that fully, but I can definitely supply ample evidence that Aaron Rodgers did not clearly and unequivocally “carry” our team to even 1 Championship.

From review, and from my personal eye test he seemed more aggressive in playoff games early on, then faded some.

AFTER 2014…
37.5% of the seasons our Offense cracked 400+ points per season
(3/8)

2014 and and before our Offense cracked 400+ points 86% of the time (6/7). The 1 year we missed 400+ points was 2010 and we finished with 388pts and won a SB
(with the help of a very dynamic #2 D) Rodgers has never “carried” our team to a Championship, our #2 rated Defense did that in 2010. He had 1 great game against a pretender in their dome.

There’s a small adjustment argument for his injury seasons, but My argument is that under Rodgers tenure we became increasingly resistant to pushing the ball down the field in the passing game overall.

Rodgers Offense started in 2008-2014
5th, 3rd, 10th, 1st, 5th, 8th, 1st
Our Playoff Losses from 2009-2014 our Offense averaged 27.6 points scored
——————————————-
2015-2022 Our Offense skid
15th, 4th, 21st, 14th, 15th, 1st, 10th, 14th

Our playoff Losses from 2015-2021 our Offense averaged 19.4 points scored.

So my argument is this. 19 points average per game in the playoffs?? That going to hand you an early exit before a Super Bowl unless you’re the 1985 Bears.

Even In the 2010 Super Bowl season.
*At Chicago in the NFC game,
BJ Raji scored 7 points
our Offense scored +14 pts total
* Against Pittsburg
Nick Collins scored 7 points
Our Offense scored +24 points total

Here again, Our Offense average 19 points across the final 2 contests to win a SB. I would argue it was largely our Defense that carried us that season. I fully understand the QB gets the credit, but the more accurate truth is that our Offense overall has been pretty pedestrian at best in Postseason over Aaron Rodgers tenure in Green Bay. Now if we’re handing out awards for the NFC North Division we’re fantastic with Aaron. I mean.. after all.. we owned the Bears :tup:

Last edited:
Reaction score
ANOTHER thread getting derailed by Rodgers crap.
My point in this matter is that Jordan Love doesn’t need to play HOF Level! Aaron didn’t in postseason and that’s a fact. Rodgers lovers act like Jordan won’t be able to come close or that no QB will ever be as great in regular season. 19 point type performances spread across the vast bulk of postseason with rare exception? That actually kind of sucks and we’re just plain better than that imo.

When we make playoffs? I bet Jordan can surpass 19 points just my gut. It’s actually a pretty low bar that got set if you ask me.
I don’t care about 15-1 regular season accolades. Give me a QB that knows how to play big in big games.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s just my opinion on him not being aggressive enough in bigger games. It’s hard to substantiate that fully, but I can definitely supply ample evidence that Aaron Rodgers did not clearly and unequivocally “carry” our team to even 1 Championship.

From review, and from my personal eye test he seemed more aggressive in playoff games early on, then faded some.

AFTER 2014…
37.5% of the seasons our Offense cracked 400+ points per season
(3/8)

2014 and and before our Offense cracked 400+ points 86% of the time (6/7). The 1 year we missed 400+ points was 2010 and we finished with 388pts and won a SB
(with the help of a very dynamic #2 D) Rodgers has never “carried” our team to a Championship, our #2 rated Defense did that in 2010. He had 1 great game against a pretender in their dome.

There’s a small adjustment argument for his injury seasons, but My argument is that under Rodgers tenure we became increasingly resistant to pushing the ball down the field in the passing game overall.

——————————————-

Our playoff Losses from 2015-2021 our Offense averaged 19.4 points scored.

So my argument is this. 19 points average per game in the playoffs?? That going to hand you an early exit before a Super Bowl unless you’re the 1985 Bears.

Even In the 2010 Super Bowl season.
*At Chicago in the NFC game,
BJ Raji scored 7 points
our Offense scored +14 pts total
* Against Pittsburg
Nick Collins scored 7 points
Our Offense scored +24 points total

Here again, Our Offense average 19 points across the final 2 contests to win a SB. I would argue it was largely our Defense that carried us that season. I fully understand the QB gets the credit, but the more accurate truth is that our Offense overall has been pretty pedestrian at best in Postseason over Aaron Rodgers tenure in Green Bay. Now if we’re handing out awards for the NFC North Division we’re fantastic with Aaron. I mean.. after all.. we owned the Bears :tup:
Sorry but I just have to respond to this. It took a long time to read it all.
1. I should have posted AR & the GB Packers only won 1 SB.
2. One of the critiques of AR is that he and the GB Packers only won 1 SB.
3. You say he should have been more aggressive in the play-offs.
4. Another critique is he played hero ball.
5. You mention a decline in avg. pts. per game. I swear you are the number 1 advocate for running the ball more. Finally, are you contending that AR played differently after 2014? Style wise, not results?

Last edited:
Reaction score
There obviously isn’t much information about Love’s “Era” and maybe that’s why posters are on derivative topics here. Coupled with what seems like an eternity since last season I think we’re all just trying to pass the time.

I don’t know about you guys but I feel pretty good right now about where we are with our new QB. I’m excited to see how Love looks this year. Between the failure of our Offense at Lambeau last year (again) and all the new additions on this Offense? it’s more just being curious to see how long it takes to gel as we can see these guys are a talented young group.

Last edited:

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm decidedly confused by that. Probably the most legitimate critique against Rodgers was he would give up short stuff in favor of deep shots.

——————————————-
Isn't 2017, the first truly bad season, the year he broke his collar bone?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don’t know about you guys but I feel pretty good right now about where we are with our new QB. I’m excited to see how Love looks this year.

I am guardedly optimistic about Love. While I think he has quieted down a few of his critics, he will still need to prove himself on the field. As soon as he has a bad game, those critics will be jumping out of the weeds to take another swing at him. I also think there are 2 different fan base critics. Those that just didn't want to see Rodgers leave/Love drafted and those who just think Jordan was was never going to be a decent NFL QB.

I also think people are going to have to practice some patience with him, before declaring him a FHOF QB or a bust.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to dread the backlash on here the first time JL10 goes deep to Doubs and misses on 3&2 from the 33.

I'm skeptical of his potential for his success (more so "playing the odds"), but I'm not going to rag on that decision. Sometimes that's the best read pre-snap and "taking what the defense gives you."

If anything, be willing to trust your read and taking that shot is a positive trait.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully I am patient with Love. I am planning on it anyway. One fan's excitement is another fan's apprehension. Yet when it is all said and done we are Packer fans ultimately hoping and cheering that they do well.

Reaction score
Sorry but I just have to respond to this. It took a long time to read it all.
1. I should have posted AR & the GB Packers only won 1 SB.
2. One of the critiques of AR is that he and the GB Packers only won 1 SB.
3. You say he should have been more aggressive in the play-offs.
4. Another critique is he played hero ball.
5. You mention a decline in avg. pts. per game. I swear you are the number 1 advocate for running the ball more. Finally, are you contending that AR played differently after 2014? Style wise, not results?
I digress mainly due to not wanting to get too redundant on that old debate and in order to protect both of us from getting scolded

As far as our Offense Running ball more you and others have blown that way out of proportion. I always held the position that we should use our experienced and tenured players more. Entire school programs are run on that philosophy so I’m nowhere close to being outrageous. It’s also a more relevant concept when said QB is injured or you’ve inserted a brand new QB. That’s just kinda common sense though to run more initially until the Offense grows through the season.

Matt LaFleur agreed with me apparently after I said that and specifically was asked that by reporters and he admitted he didn’t even realize how we lacked in run snaps. Then we ran more right after I made a stink in 2022 (and lo and behold started winning games!).
So yes. I will 110% contend we should lean on the run game some more earlier this season until the Passing game acclimates. That’s gotten twisted into Oldschool doesn’t think we should pass? which THAT wild interpretation is an outrageous and reaching implication that’s just not true.

It’s ok. You didn’t start that false narrative so I don’t blame you. We’re all pretty knowledgeable in here it’s bordering on condescending as if we’ve never watched a football game and saying that kinda stuff comes across non authentic.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to dread the backlash on here the first time JL10 goes deep to Doubs and misses on 3&2 from the 33.
Do what I do. Another shot of Jose Cuervo! Then don't listen to those around you. As soon as he connects on the next one, they're both on their way to the HOF by the same fans who wanted to run them out of town in tar and feathers the previous play.

Reaction score
Do what I do. Another shot of Jose Cuervo! Then don't listen to those around you. As soon as he connects on the next one, they're both on their way to the HOF by the same fans who wanted to run them out of town in tar and feathers the previous play.
So true. Kinda like the Media recently? They went from “The Packers are finishing 4th place in their Division” to
“Love is the next Mahomes”.

Slow down everybody

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched kurt warner talk about jordan love...everything is heading in the right direction. I cant wait for September 10th

Reaction score
Just watched kurt warner talk about jordan love...everything is heading in the right direction. I cant wait for September 10th
I am also.

Steve Young said he’s “Bullish” on Jordan Love. Of course he’s got some experience when it comes to replacing a HOF QB.

He said he predicted correctly after watching Rodgers prepare behind Favre. He was bullish on Rodgers.

He also mentioned something funny. He said when replacing any HOF QB, the bulk of fans all suddenly act like the previous QB never made a mistake.

#12 never threw an INT
#12 never threw an incomplete pass
#12 never lost a game

In other words. The replacement QB cannot Win over his predecessor, regardless of how he plays we scrutinize every mistake

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I am also.

Steve Young said he’s “Bullish” on Jordan Love. Of course he’s got some experience when it comes to replacing a HOF QB.

He said he predicted correctly after watching Rodgers prepare behind Favre. He was bullish on Rodgers.

He also mentioned something funny. He said when replacing any HOF QB, the bulk of fans all suddenly act like the previous QB never made a mistake.

#12 never threw an INT
#12 never threw an incomplete pass
#12 never lost a game

In other words. The replacement QB cannot Win over his predecessor, regardless of how he plays we scrutinize every mistake
Who is this #12 that you keep speaking of? :coffee:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Explain your theory. What is your converse to not knowing what college or FA receivers Aaron would trust?

Apparently, people believe it's a serious weakness for Rodgers that he doesn't trust more receivers (which I don't agree with). Therefore, by that logic, it must be really easy to tell which receivers he doesn't like and, since it's apparently easy to know which ones he doesn't trust, the front office should have gotten rid of the guys he didn't trust and find some new guys.

Members online

Latest posts