The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 31 43.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty telling stuff on a big difference between Rodgers and Love, when it comes to how they treat their receivers. Some will prefer Rodgers method, I prefer Love's.

Here if what Cobb had to say about Rodgers"

“I’m telling you, one day he’s going to lose his (expletive),” Cobb said. “If he don’t trust you, he’s not going to throw you the ball. I can promise you that. He does not like throwing interceptions, so if he can’t trust you’re going to run the right route, he’s not going to throw it.”

Yup. We all knew this. He will literally lock you out of his vision.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and if love is throwing it regularly to guys who aren't going where they're supposed to be going I can promise we're not going to like that either.

There's pro's and con's to everything. The biggest draw back to Rodgers method is some marginal receivers who really aren't all that great might miss out on a play or 2 that might have hurt this team at one point in the season or another, but he prevents them from killing this team with their mistakes.

and people act like this is all Rodgers, I guarantee Brady didn't throw it to guys who couldn't do their jobs either. Or Brees, or any other QB worth a darn. They are exacting in their work, and they expect and demand it from the people around them. For some reason it's a bad thing around here LOL

Give me a QB that doesn't reward shoddy work every dang day.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yup. We all knew this. He will literally lock you out of his vision.

I think MOST of us knew this, but some were in denial. If you can't trust the words spoken right out of Cobb's mouth to be true, then ....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and if love is throwing it regularly to guys who aren't going where they're supposed to be going I can promise we're not going to like that either.

There's pro's and con's to everything. The biggest draw back to Rodgers method is some marginal receivers who really aren't all that great might miss out on a play or 2 that might have hurt this team at one point in the season or another, but he prevents them from killing this team with their mistakes.

and people act like this is all Rodgers, I guarantee Brady didn't throw it to guys who couldn't do their jobs either. Or Brees, or any other QB worth a darn. They are exacting in their work, and they expect and demand it from the people around them. For some reason it's a bad thing around here LOL

Give me a QB that doesn't reward shoddy work every dang day.

LOL sorry don't see it that way. Of course no QB is going to throw the ball to a guy that burns him, but Cobbs' words express a similar vein of thought that many of us have expressed and some players have hinted at - you don't appease Rodgers enough and early, he will just stop looking your way, regardless of whether you doing things right. Now I fully admit that's exaggerated but again we just gotta agree to disagree on our interpretations of Rodgers.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
LOL sorry don't see it that way. Of course no QB is going to throw the ball to a guy that burns him, but Cobbs' words express a similar vein of thought that many of us have expressed and some players have hinted at - you don't appease Rodgers enough and early, he will just stop looking your way, regardless of whether you doing things right. Now I fully admit that's exaggerated but again we just gotta agree to disagree on our interpretations of Rodgers.

Like I said and I don't even have to unignore the poster you are responding to know.....

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you know, you'd think a guy who cries repeatedly to mods about people responding to his posts, even if completely packer related, would just **** when it comes to addressing those he "ignores".

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you see it as "appeasement" I see it as doing your job. He's also shown if you do your job and work hard you'll be rewarded.

Many guys have made mistakes here over the years and he didn't ignore them. and we will disagree on our interpretations, I think the career speaks for itself.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why can't both be true. Why can't a GB Packer fan be aware that AR did not throw to receivers he did not trust, and still be okay with it. IMO the guy played at an elite level. I am also aware that he burned a lot of timeouts running down the play clock. Incredibly I was ok with that also. You have your views, some of us have ours. What we will never know is if he threw to those guys, or ran plays against defenses he didn't like if it would have been a plus or minus cumulative result. I prefer to trust the guy who is arguably one of if not the best QB in the NFL in my lifetime. But that's just me. This is another reason I will not put anyone on ignore. If I did I wouldn't get the chance to read just what I think and how I feel.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Why can't both be true. Why can't a GB Packer fan be aware that AR did not throw to receivers he did not trust, and still be okay with it.

LOL

I don't see anyone here saying that there aren't Packer fans that are OK with that type of QB, one that doesn't trust certain receivers. Matter of fact, some of us have pointed out that there are. Your own opinion is "true" to you. That doesn't make it "False" to me, it just makes it an opinion that I don't agree with.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why can't both be true. Why can't a GB Packer fan be aware that AR did not throw to receivers he did not trust, and still be okay with it. IMO the guy played at an elite level. I am also aware that he burned a lot of timeouts running down the play clock. Incredibly I was ok with that also. You have your views, some of us have ours. What we will never know is if he threw to those guys, or ran plays against defenses he didn't like if it would have been a plus or minus cumulative result. I prefer to trust the guy who is arguably one of if not the best QB in the NFL in my lifetime. But that's just me. This is another reason I will not put anyone on ignore. If I did I wouldn't get the chance to read just what I think and how I feel.
That pretty much sums it up.

and this ignore stuff is silly. Just yesterday this guy is complaining AGAIN about 2 way ignore because for some reason people don't like people responding to their public posts. and then practically the next day he's back taking shots and engaging with a poster he claims to ignore.

He wasn't addressed, quoted, responded to, nothing, yet he chose to interject himself again. twice in the same thread actually.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This is another reason I will not put anyone on ignore. If I did I wouldn't get the chance to read just what I think and how I feel.
If you feel that makes you a better man, than so be it. I have no problem with varying opinions, there are plenty of them on here. The people I have chosen to put on ignore are those that I flat out just don't like and/or appreciate how they address me or others.

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings on Rodgers. I know he’s a great athlete and I understand the argument made that he expects the best to be the best. On the surface that sounds good. It’s his way of doing things and that’s fine. I don’t know his childhood or pretend to know. I also don’t expect him to change its who he is and I respect that.

That said, from everything I’ve been through in MY lifetime? We WILL take risks if we want to be our best. Then we learn how to overcome those mistakes. Imo Aaron Rodgers was/is such a fantastic athlete that he sold himself short in an attempt to play it safe. I don’t think he hit his ceiling for a career and that is not me passing judgement, it’s my observation. It’s also not an insult, it’s a compliment.
The result is I think he cost us at least 1-2 SB’s by taking the “playing it safe” mode (personal protection over team) Yes, we can be successful and be selfish and focus on self preservation. We can also miss out on our best by playing it safe all the time.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like that he was much more careful with the ball than Favre. But he took it too far with the ignoring of receivers. When he chooses to not throw to an open receiver for a TD and chooses to throw it out of bounds instead, that's a problem. That is hurting the Packers because of some personal issue. He also is hurting the player. Every play a receiver is involved with - builds him up.

Reaction score
It’s intriguing how different Jordan Love looks in relation to Aaron Rodgers as far as their approach to leadership.

Jordan is still learning the ropes. Give him time he’ll be cussing his WR’s out before we know it! :laugh:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL

I don't see anyone here saying that there aren't Packer fans that are OK with that type of QB, one that doesn't trust certain receivers. Matter of fact, some of us have pointed out that there are. Your own opinion is "true" to you. That doesn't make it "False" to me, it just makes it an opinion that I don't agree with.

True, but you point it out in a condescending way. IMO.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was going to reply to Oldschool and then I read Amish. They seem to have the same opinion on Rodgers yet I find it contradictory to a certain extent. If he was worried about his personal stats over the team wouldn't those stats be enhanced by throwing to an open receiver for a TD? IMO you guys have the benefit of hindsight as AR only won 1 SB playing the way that he felt comfortable. IMO we will never know how many more games he would have won (or lost) playing it differently.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was going to reply to Oldschool and then I read Amish. They seem to have the same opinion on Rodgers yet I find it contradictory to a certain extent. If he was worried about his personal stats over the team wouldn't those stats be enhanced by throwing to an open receiver for a TD? IMO you guys have the benefit of hindsight as AR only won 1 SB playing the way that he felt comfortable. IMO we will never know how many more games he would have won (or lost) playing it differently.
Would you at least agree that scoring a TD would help the Packers win more than throwing the ball out of bounds?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll never understand the "if he just threw more INTs then he'd be better" criticism of Rodgers but. when you have so very little to criticize you end up harping on these things that you only wish other QBs would do. I've also heard far more glowing reviews of Rodgers' leadership from his teammates than I've heard criticisms from ex-teammates. It's funny to see people criticize Rodger's behavior while Brady will stand on the sideline and throw a legitimate tantrum my fifth-grade son would be proud of. I mean, when he had guys he trusted, he was AMAZING with them (see Jordy and Davante). I think the better question is why the front office, knowing Rodger's preference for receivers he trusted, didn't spend more draft capital at the position to find those players; I'm not trying to rehash the "he wasn't given enough help" discussion, I'm simply pointing out that the wide receivers Rodgers had available to throw to were given to him, he had no input into which receivers were on the team (and it's not like any of those other receivers have accomplished a thing elsewhere). At a certain point, if you think a player has a weakness but you know that weakness isn't changing, shouldn't you account for that weakness in your team building plan?

That being said, Love has looked very good and has a chance to turn that 2020 draft class from an absolute stinker into something worthwhile for the team. Hopefully he can overcome what I've come to expect, and dread, will be an underwhelming defense lead by Joe Barry (I really hate, hate, HATE that MLF hired him).

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
True, but you point it out in a condescending way. IMO.
My intention for posting Cobb's remark, was to point out to those who have stated that there isn't evidence to support the claim that Rodgers ices out teammates, can no longer say that. I wasn't pointing to any specific poster, since I rarely keep track of each posters opinion. If you felt that was condescending, it wasn't my intention.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That pretty much sums it up.

and this ignore stuff is silly. Just yesterday this guy is complaining AGAIN about 2 way ignore because for some reason people don't like people responding to their public posts. and then practically the next day he's back taking shots and engaging with a poster he claims to ignore.

He wasn't addressed, quoted, responded to, nothing, yet he chose to interject himself again. twice in the same thread actually.
Was this here?

Was it reported?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Fb video. Love stopping at the bleachers to take pictures

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll never understand the "if he just threw more INTs then he'd be better" criticism of Rodgers but. when you have so very little to criticize you end up harping on these things that you only wish other QBs would do. I've also heard far more glowing reviews of Rodgers' leadership from his teammates than I've heard criticisms from ex-teammates. It's funny to see people criticize Rodger's behavior while Brady will stand on the sideline and throw a legitimate tantrum my fifth-grade son would be proud of. I mean, when he had guys he trusted, he was AMAZING with them (see Jordy and Davante). I think the better question is why the front office, knowing Rodger's preference for receivers he trusted, didn't spend more draft capital at the position to find those players; I'm not trying to rehash the "he wasn't given enough help" discussion, I'm simply pointing out that the wide receivers Rodgers had available to throw to were given to him, he had no input into which receivers were on the team (and it's not like any of those other receivers have accomplished a thing elsewhere). At a certain point, if you think a player has a weakness but you know that weakness isn't changing, shouldn't you account for that weakness in your team building plan?

That being said, Love has looked very good and has a chance to turn that 2020 draft class from an absolute stinker into something worthwhile for the team. Hopefully he can overcome what I've come to expect, and dread, will be an underwhelming defense lead by Joe Barry (I really hate, hate, HATE that MLF hired him).
Drafting is a zero sum exercise. If you're spending draft picks on wide receivers, it means those picks aren't being used on d-linemen, cornerbacks, and o-linemen.

Drafting to your QB's uncompromising desires is a super highway to a GM getting fired imo.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Drafting is a zero sum exercise. If you're spending draft picks on wide receivers, it means those picks aren't being used on d-linemen, cornerbacks, and o-linemen.

Drafting to your QB's uncompromising desires is a super highway to a GM getting fired imo.

I agree with your thoughts here, but I do think that both TT and Gute were guilty of leaving the receiving room pretty high and dry when it came to assets being provided to it. Sure, Gute signed Jimmy G, but that didn't turn out so well. Other than that, prior to the 2022 draft, Davante Adams and maybe MVS was about the extent of higher draft capital and successful investments. Unless you want to count Montgomery and Amari.

Now as far as this idea of "you have to listen to Aaron and draft guys he will trust" as Sunshine points out.....
I think the better question is why the front office, knowing Rodger's preference for receivers he trusted, didn't spend more draft capital at the position to find those players
How are you supposed to know if A-Rod is going to trust a college receiver that he has never played with? I think even signing Free Agents, that Rodgers had never played with, was a gamble. Rodgers "trust" should have nothing to do with the game of football, it is a team sport. If the guy is on the field, he is your teammate, put your trust in the coaches that put you both there.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How are you supposed to know if A-Rod is going to trust a college receiver that he has never played with? I think even signing Free Agents, that Rodgers had never played with, was a gamble. Rodgers "trust" should have nothing to do with the game of football, it is a team sport. If the guy is on the field, he is your teammate, put your trust in the coaches that put you both there.

You can certainly tell when he doesn't, right? So, the converse must be true.

Members online

No members online now.