The Amari Rodgers Thread

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don’t hold on to someone that is worthless or shows no promise, but it is ignorant to believe you can project or know about a player this early. Staff will move on quick if they see nothing in a draft pick if needed - but rookie skill players take some time usually.
Are you calling me ignorant? Or just some people as compared to you? And teams will hold on to players too long because of where they were drafted. What is quick to you? 3 years? You want your cake and eat it too. Sometimes hard decisions and guesses have to be made. I have said Amari deserves another shot. But he really should show something imho.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you calling me ignorant? Or just some people as compared to you? And teams will hold on to players too long because of where they were drafted. What is quick to you? 3 years? You want your cake and eat it too. Sometimes hard decisions and guesses have to be made. I have said Amari deserves another shot. But he really should show something imho.

Saying you believe a thought is ignorant is not the same as calling someone ignorant - completely two different things.

I’m completely ignorant about some things - shoot cap calculations and the void years for example. Folks could say I’m ignorant to them and they’d be right.

Folks could also believe differently than me and say they believe it is ignorant to say Jenkins is our best OL on the team. They’re not saying I’m ignorant.

D

Deleted member 6794

Davante Adams had 66 targets in 738 snaps his rookie year. That's a fair amount. Enough to see some good things along with the bad.

Amari Rodgers had 8 targets on 103 snaps. There's not a heck of a lot you can show, good or bad, with 8 targets. If he would have had 66 we probably would have seen some nifty things as well. Instead he had 8. If anyone claims to know he will be a bust after a rookie year with 8 targets that person should probably be a GM. Preferably with the Bears or vikings because they probably have their head up their A**

Those are stats but they are also opportunities. If players don't get the opportunity its hard to show what they can do.

Just to be clear about it, I agree it's far too early to make an fair evaluation of Amari. There's a reason Adams received significantly more targets or opportunities than Rodgers in his rookie season though. A player needs to earn them and he obviously didn't last year.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You would have cut Davante Adams after his second season.
That's a good point. I loved the Adams pick when it happened in 2014. I watched his college tape, and was impressed with how he extended his hands just before the ball arrived.

His first two years were regrettable. It seemed he spent more time arguing with officials on phantom penalties. Then in year 3, he really developed into a weapon.

So yeah, let's give Amari Rodgers more time.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to be clear about it, I agree it's far too early to make an fair evaluation of Amari. There's a reason Adams received significantly more targets or opportunities than Rodgers in his rookie season though. A player needs to earn them and he obviously didn't last year.
Amari Rodgers seemed to have a confidence problem last year. He was hesitant and so his opportunities were limited. If he's aggressive, as both a WR and PR, he'll get more chances. He just needs to remember he was drafted in the 3rd round for a reason.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep hearing how he is in camp and physically ready to perform. I'm willing to give him a pass, as I fully admit I was in the camp of paddlehands Adams before he turned into who he is today.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep hearing how he is in camp and physically ready to perform. I'm willing to give him a pass, as I fully admit I was in the camp of paddlehands Adams before he turned into who he is today.
I was stoked when Adams got drafted. Then he spent his first two years disappointing - dropping balls, arguing with officials. Well, we know what happened.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was never about skillset for Amari it was purely not capitalizing his chances early which is one thing, add in he looked just uncomfortable compounded it.

Honestly, Watson is likely to go through similar pains, he’s already reportedly dropping passes in camp.

Skill position guys take some time..some eve appear not ready and have mental errors in camp and preseason and then ball out (Chase last year).

It will never amaze me how many write guys off so fast despite time and time again getting proved that is a dumb thing to do.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't written him off but I think it is fish or cut bait this year. How long did we watch Jamon Moore? ...I forget and couldn't find it. Seems like we spent too much time on EQS and that was one reason we did not upgrade the receiver room imo. Too many works in progress. Davante I believe was different. Even though he had a lot of drops early; there was still potential there to see. I think he was up and down. Not just down. It's part art to know when to hold and when to fold.

D

Deleted member 6794

That's a good point. I loved the Adams pick when it happened in 2014. I watched his college tape, and was impressed with how he extended his hands just before the ball arrived.

His first two years were regrettable. It seemed he spent more time arguing with officials on phantom penalties. Then in year 3, he really developed into a weapon.

So yeah, let's give Amari Rodgers more time.

Adams showed potential during his rookie campaign, having two games over 100 receiving yards twice (vs. New England and Dallas in the playoffs) as well as a heads-up play vs. the Dolphins on a fake spike by Rodgers. On the other hand, Amari didn't show any promise last season.

How long did we watch Jamon Moore? ...I forget and couldn't find it.

The Packers cut Moore after only one season with the team.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't written him off but I think it is fish or cut bait this year. How long did we watch Jamon Moore? ...I forget and couldn't find it. Seems like we spent too much time on EQS and that was one reason we did not upgrade the receiver room imo. Too many works in progress. Davante I believe was different. Even though he had a lot of drops early; there was still potential there to see. I think he was up and down. Not just down. It's part art to know when to hold and when to fold.

Moore played one season.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams showed potential during his rookie campaign, having two games over 100 receiving yards twice (vs. New England and Dallas in the playoffs) as well as a heads-up play vs. the Dolphins on a fake spike by Rodgers. On the other hand, Amari didn't show any promise last season.

The Packers cut Moore after only one season with the team.
Yeah Amari showed me nothing last year. Adams did show some potential early, when he wasn't arguing with the refs. I hope Amari can shake the nerves this year and just play.

I didn't know Moore only lasted one year. He was taken first right - ahead of MVS and ESB? He was a talker as I recall.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember Moore saying Boo. Seemed quiet to me. Ran great routes and had really good quickness in and out, good body control along the boundary, just couldn't do the most important part, make the catch. Had he done that, he had everything else to be very good IMO.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He appeared to be a bit slow to me last year. Read he had run a 4.51 forty. If true, he's certainy not a burner. Another source had him running a 4.44. Maybe he just needs to study the playbook more.
Amari Rodgers appeared slow, not explosive or dynamic. Certainly had very limited plays designed for him. He didn't show me much. I hope he can make progress this year. We certainly need help at receiver.

Reaction score
I think a Rookie season is hit or miss. Some players get caught in the spotlight and the game is almost too big for them. Year 2 is where you’d like to see some growth. That includes camp and preseason. Even J’mon Moore wasn’t waived until he had a 2 FULL offseason programs.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember Moore saying Boo. Seemed quiet to me. Ran great routes and had really good quickness in and out, good body control along the boundary, just couldn't do the most important part, make the catch. Had he done that, he had everything else to be very good IMO.
To clarify, when I said he was a talker, I meant he projected confidence whenever he talked. And yeah, he did it all except for catching the ball. I wonder if he's still in the league. Anyone know?

D

Deleted member 6794

I didn't know Moore only lasted one year. He was taken first right - ahead of MVS and ESB?

You're right, he was selected in the fourth round of the 2018 draft while MVS was a fifth and EQ a sixth round pick.

I wonder if he's still in the league. Anyone know?

Moore is currently playing for the New Jersey Generals in the USFL. He has four receptions for 37 yards in two games so far this season.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moore is currently playing for the New Jersey Generals in the USFL. He has four receptions for 37 yards in two games so far this season.
Yeah, with I think only 5 passes thrown to him. Maybe he's learning to catch it. But he seems to be about 4 or 5 on the depth chart of that team.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, with I think only 5 passes thrown to him. Maybe he's learning to catch it. But he seems to be about 4 or 5 on the depth chart of that team.
Thanks for the feedback guys. Wow 4th or 5th on a USFL team. Pretty amazing how he freaked out and all of a sudden had rocks for hands.

D

Deleted member 6794

Thanks for the feedback guys. Wow 4th or 5th on a USFL team. Pretty amazing how he freaked out and all of a sudden had rocks for hands.

It seems like Moore is improving, he had four receptions for 45 yards in the Generals' win vs. the Pittsburgh Maulers yesterday.

As a side, with Darius Shepherd there's another former Packer playing for the Generals.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like Moore is improving, he had four receptions for 45 yards in the Generals' win vs. the Pittsburgh Maulers yesterday.

As a side, with Darius Shepherd there's another former Packer playing for the Generals.
Shows you how much I know about the USFL? Anyway thanks for the info.

Reaction score
Now he was definitely a WR I never could get on board with. Another experiment that ran a year too long.

He literally finished career with a -3 PR yards and 18.6 per at KR

Members online