The 2019 Dantés Draft Thread

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Q. Williams is worth two firsts, granted the idea of him paired with Clark sounds amazing. We really need that 30th-32nd pick to come back and be a winner for us. I really think because of the QB race in the Top 10 somebody great is going to still be on the board. But we won't know who until Draft Day.

H

HardRightEdge

Lol agreed it does occasionally become interesting to debate with those whom you usually agree. On another note, I have noticed recently that there are a couple posters here with whom I almost never agree with regardless of the topic lol.
You're a better man than I. I think I can count on one hand particular posters' positions I remember past a good nights sleep. ;) I do remember my shadow, though, but when he shows up again two years from now he'll be long forgotten.

H

HardRightEdge

I wonder if Cole Madison finally shows up this year
I've wondering that myself. With all the minutiae that gets reported in this biz you'd think there would some peep since August. Nada.

The rumor, and this is no more than rumor, is that he went into a depression after a friend committed suicide who was discovered to have CTE, brain damage that is believed to arise from concussions. How much truth there is in that I could not say. But if it is true, he may be going the route of Chris Borland, the ex-Badger and SF ILB who quit the game after a promising rookie year saying he did not want to risk brain damage.

We may hear something eventually. We may never hear his name mentioned again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This will be the first draft in awhile that I can remember the Packers not having compensatory picks. Not sure if TT so much played the "compensatory pick strategy game" like the Master Bill Belichick, but he always did seem to get a few and after researching his results, not too bad. 13 years, 22 players and a few notable names.

Compensatory picks "created" and made by TT:

2006: (2) Tony Moll, Dave Tollefson
2007: (1) Clark Harris
2008: (1) Josh Sitton
2009: (0)
2010: (1) Marshall Newhouse
2011: (1) Davon House
2012: (4) Mike Daniels, Jeron McMillian, Andrew Datko, BJ Coleman
2013: (1) Josh Boyd
2014: (2) Richard Rodgers, Jared Abbredaris
2015: (2) Christian Ringo, Kenard Backman
2016: (2) Blake Martinez, Christian Lowery
2017: (1) Aaron Jones
2018: (4)* J'Mon Moore, JK Scott, MVS, EQ

*draft Picks were selected by Gute

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not saying I would and I'm not saying we should and I probably will get flak for this but what the hell... With no viable backup in waiting would you pick Kyler Murray at 32 (pending Saints pick) and groom him or at least have him as a Taysom Hill type and use him whever.

As Mondio correctly pointed out the Packers shouldn't think about drafting a quarterback in the first few rounds for at least another two years, especially not for Murray who has threatened to play professional baseball.

they'll be less than 8-8 with poor drafts and rodgers not changing/adapting. they can do much better if both occur. qb's must change/adapt as they get older and skills diminish. it's a shame they extended, him at the numbers they did, with those things happening to him.

It's a shame you don't realize that while Rodgers struggled for various reasons in 2018 he's still the most talented quarterback in the league.

I would give our two firsts two move for Quiennen Williams.... (Maybe even toss Matthews to Oakland for the whole thing) he is and could be our Aaron Donald

The Packers can't trade Matthews as he isn't under contract anymore.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is though in a way. He’s a great athlete. Never ever going to deny that. He can do a lot of different things. It is cool in a way. But people are completely unrealistic about what he is. And he’s on a roster that has room for someone like him.

And how long did we have Janis? :D

His versatility could have been used in so many innovative playes, what MM could never dream about.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be the first draft in awhile that I can remember the Packers not having compensatory picks. Not sure if TT so much played the "compensatory pick strategy game" like the Master Bill Belichick, but he always did seem to get a few and after researching his results, not too bad. 13 years, 22 players and a few notable names.

Compensatory picks "created" and made by TT:

2006: (2) Tony Moll, Dave Tollefson
2007: (1) Clark Harris
2008: (1) Josh Sitton
2009: (0)
2010: (1) Marshall Newhouse
2011: (1) Davon House
2012: (4) Mike Daniels, Jeron McMillian, Andrew Datko, BJ Coleman
2013: (1) Josh Boyd
2014: (2) Richard Rodgers, Jared Abbredaris
2015: (2) Christian Ringo, Kenard Backman
2016: (2) Blake Martinez, Christian Lowery
2017: (1) Aaron Jones
2018: (4)* J'Mon Moore, JK Scott, MVS, EQ

*draft Picks were selected by Gute
Fire Gute! I dont think he understands or even knows about compensatory picks. We need someone who uses all the tools available to him. If you are going to ignore supplemental draft and compensatory picks, you better hit on all of your draft picks and free agents. As pick G Cole Madison and FA TE Graham prove, hes not very good at either.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D. White has pretty good chance to be a packer, I think he goes around 12 spot. At 12 3-4 edge and DL guys are gone...White is likely first LB....so the value is there. also chance for OT Williams at 12.
Many think we need an edge, but really, Pettine doesn't rely on OLBs for sacks. I think an upgrade next to Martinez will have as big of an impact as an upgrade at OLB. There is also a strong chance we take a DE as well. There are some very good ones and Gary, Oliver, and Simmons could very well be the top player on the Packer Board.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Many think we need an edge, but really, Pettine doesn't rely on OLBs for sacks. I think an upgrade next to Martinez will have as big of an impact as an upgrade at OLB. There is also a strong chance we take a DE as well. There are some very good ones and Gary, Oliver, and Simmons could very well be the top player on the Packer Board.

I think you could be right here. Some of us are still in the traditional 3-4 mindset and perhaps Pettine will slowly transition us into something completely different as he gets the key pieces to do so.

I hadn't watched the Chargers this year and although Sunday isn't a glowing endorsement of their defense, I was intrigued with what they were doing with 7 DB's on the field quite a bit. Of course, they have quite an assortment of pretty decent DB's to choose from.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Pettine being retained I think a dominant ILB is as likely as any position they’ll pick early

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
D. White has pretty good chance to be a packer, I think he goes around 12 spot. At 12 3-4 edge and DL guys are gone...White is likely first LB....so the value is there. also chance for OT Williams at 12.

I just don't see a way possible White makes it to 12 but we are early in the process. I've seen him as high as the 4th best prospect available overall.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't see a way possible White makes it to 12 but we are early in the process. I've seen him as high as the 4th best prospect available overall.
Well no doubt its early... a lot will change from today, but if like most mocks show 3-4 edge and DL go plus a QB and OT. your close to 12 pick. Yes D. White could go early, we will see. But if he there its hard to pass him up at that value. But then again we pass an all pro in D. James....so anything is possible

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And how long did we have Janis? :D

His versatility could have been used in so many innovative playes, what MM could never dream about.
Janis was a straightline speed guy. He wasn't all that versatile. But the sad part is, he probably had more potential as a WR than Hill, which is why Hill isn't a WR either but for 10 plays a year. About as many as Janis got :)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Janis was a straightline speed guy. He wasn't all that versatile. But the sad part is, he probably had more potential as a WR than Hill, which is why Hill isn't a WR either but for 10 plays a year. About as many as Janis got :)

I got the impression that Janis was like a pair of children’s scissors, bright and colorful, but not too sharp. Hill on the other hand, may lack the speed, but has the determination, brains and physicality to do quite a bit.

Reaction score
I wouldn’t put it past Gute to trade up ahead of Detroit for a player like D. White. Having a guy that Martinez plays second fiddle to would instantly change our Run Defense. Add that to the mix and resign Mo (if he’s fully recovered) and then go out and find a solid veteran Safety that specializes in run pursuit and Blitz packages. That begins to turn the tide on slowing down the run, which in turn forces teams to go vertical and challenge Alexander, Breeland (provided we resign) King or Jackson.
I also think we will see one of the other.. King or Jackson hit their stride this year.
If somewhere in the mix we add another capable pass rusher that can get in the 8-10 sack range we suddenly look like a completely different D.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fire Gute! I dont think he understands or even knows about compensatory picks. As pick G Cole Madison and FA TE Graham prove, hes not very good at either.
Relax. They both have at least 2 more years to show back up from missing in action. Be on the lookout there’s an A.P.B. in the Gazette for a missing body and a missing pair of hands. :sneaky: Which,judging by their size should turn up sooner or later ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've wondering that myself. With all the minutiae that gets reported in this biz you'd think there would some peep since August. Nada.

We may hear something eventually. We may never hear his name mentioned again.

P..S. If we want to find out whats up with Cole we should pretend like we’re organizing a search party some weekend. Let’s pretend like we thought he was kidnapped like the Lindbergh baby. We can advertise a tip line for information leading to his whereabouts. My theory is he won’t want to make the papers and he’ll phone us to call off the search. That way we can act disappointed in him without sounding uncaring. Then we can get some answers! :whistling:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think if there was good news on Cole Madison, we would have heard it. Even if he does decide to play football in 2019, a 24 year old 5th rounder who sat out a year, I'm not going to get too excited about him, nor should he change the view of what is still needed on the OL.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a shame you don't realize that while Rodgers struggled for various reasons in 2018 he's still the most talented quarterback in the league.
there's no doubt he's one of, but not the, most talented. while still very good, 2010 rodgers, even 2014 rodgers, are long gone. quite a few QB's had better years than rodgers. i'm not anti-rodgers. i'm anti rodgers contract numbers, anti Packers capitulation to his diva-ness, but most of all...i'm anti Packers mediocrity. they're stuck right now in NFL purgatory.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe it is because I am so familiar with their names, but it sure seems like the Badgers have supplied a lot of talented Offensive Lineman to the NFL. This year there will be 3 Badger lineman available and I sure wouldn't mind seeing one of them in Green Bay. Mark Tauscher, a 7th rd. pick, was the last Badger O-lineman in Green Bay.
  • David Edwards OT: 6'7" 305#'s
  • Beau Benzschawel: OG 6' 5" 317
  • Michael Deiter: OL 6'6" 310
Edwards is rated highest of the 3, but I prefer Dieter if I had to pick one. He has played all 3 line positions but is projected to be best at G.

Land all 3 guys and our OL is fixed for a long time. :D

Members online

No members online now.