Teams go 9-7 for a reason

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yay you. LOL

You want to go back that far to find something good to feel about (and an OT win against us, at that), I suppose we should be flattered.
It's not me who brought up the past, it's your amish friend. I just corrected him on his statement.
I don't need to bring the 2007 season to talk good about my team, we're in the playoffs facing you guys and the winner heads to the nfc championship game. It doesn't get any better then that...

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year, we were the exception. A huge exception. Usually teams are who we thought they were. heh. You could be that team this year. Not saying you aren't. But being that team is super rare. To have a 10-6 champ to a 9-7 champ is even rarer yet.

And don't put words in my mouth, er, typing box... I'm just saying, if you're expecting to win because the Packers have hit a wall, well, I usually expect to win because my team plays well, not because the other team hits a wall.

Packers were 10-6 last because of lots injuries.....same reason the Giants are 9-7.

N

NYGIANTS141

Who you play next? Isn't the next preseason schedule published yet?

Yes as in after we beat you this Sunday. I believe they didnt publish the schedule yet but i'll let you know who the packers play after this weeks loss when i find out.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Yes as in after we beat you this Sunday. I believe they didnt publish the schedule yet but i'll let you know who the packers play after this weeks loss when i find out.
I admire that confidence, it will carry you through next week cause Monday after that loss is gonna suck...big time. :)

Sunday the Packers will remind the world that they're 15-1 and the Lions are 10-7...

No worries though, those NFC East Champions sweatshirts will look mighty good. :)

N

NYGIANTS141

I admire that confidence, it will carry you through next week cause Monday after that loss is gonna suck...big time. :)

Sunday the Packers will remind the world that they're 15-1 and the Lions are 10-7...

No worries though, those NFC East Champions sweatshirts will look mighty good. :)

Not really, if we go out with a fight and the type of game that makes me proud to be a Giants fan then the loss won't suck.

For you, though, a loss after a 15-1 season would SUCK......big time. :)

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'm not that casually optimistic. But at the same time I don't get the hype surrounding the Giants. The last 4 games they've played Tony Romo, Mark Sanchez, Matt Ryan and lost to Rex Grossman.

Peaking, maybe. Against good teams? lol not at all.

Their performance last week had more to do with the Falcons playing that bad, not the Giants playing that good.

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think a tie game with :58 seconds left, and winning by 3 points is torched you're either an awfully bad smack talker, or you don't know all that much about football.

It was in reference to the 83 points and a boatload of yards you've given up to the packers in the past 13 months. You could say the packers got torched by the giants as well, but the comment was in the context of what the op was talking about, which now I don't remember what it was.

nyghater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really, if we go out with a fight and the type of game that makes me proud to be a Giants fan then the loss won't suck.

OK, I'll grant you that... it would suck. Good thing its not going to happen.

N

NYGIANTS141

I'm not that casually optimistic. But at the same time I don't get the hype surrounding the Giants. The last 4 games they've played Tony Romo, Mark Sanchez, Matt Ryan and lost to Rex Grossman.

Peaking, maybe. Against good teams? lol not at all.

Their performance last week had more to do with the Falcons playing that bad, not the Giants playing that good.

So the Falcon's stopped themselves on the fourth downs?

I think it had more to do with the Defense doing a MUCH better job compared to past weeks... and the offense came out to a slow start and missed a couple scoring opportunities. could have easily been 31-2 or 38-2. Don't forget the falcons put up 45 points the week before.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
So the Falcon's stopped themselves on the fourth downs?

I think it had more to do with the Defense doing a MUCH better job compared to past weeks... and the offense came out to a slow start and missed a couple scoring opportunities. could have easily been 31-2 or 38-2. Don't forget the falcons put up 45 points the week before.

Any defense can stop and have success against the Falcons when Matt Ryan is dropping back 40 times a game. Matt Ryan is not Peyton Manning not matter how much he pretends to be. They are a power run/play action offense. Yet they only handed the ball off to Turner 10 times

I think any defensive line could have stopped the Falcons on 4th and 1. A QB sneak was the worst possible call in that situation. After that failed 4th down conversion, everything unraveled for the Falcons.

Yes the Falcons put up 45 points the week before, against Tampa Bay, a complete mess of a football team. And if you don't remember, in that game once again their main reason for success was Michael Turner who had over 170yds rushing in that game. When the Falcons run the ball with success they win games. When they don't they have a tendency to get crushed.

N

NYGIANTS141

Any defense can stop and have success against the Falcons when Matt Ryan is dropping back 40 times a game. Matt Ryan is not Peyton Manning not matter how much he pretends to be. They are a power run/play action offense. Yet they only handed the ball off to Turner 10 times

I think any defensive line could have stopped the Falcons on 4th and 1. A QB sneak was the worst possible call in that situation. After that failed 4th down conversion, everything unraveled for the Falcons.

Yes the Falcons put up 45 points the week before, against Tampa Bay, a complete mess of a football team. And if you don't remember, in that game once again their main reason for success was Michael Turner who had over 170yds rushing in that game. When the Falcons run the ball with success they win games. When they don't they have a tendency to get crushed.

No, not any defense can stop 2 4th and 1's. In fact, i didn't expect them to stop either due to how bad they were playing in previous weeks. Gotta give some credit to the Giants rather than saying the falcons were horrible. They were, but they had chances and we shut them down.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
No, not any defense can stop 2 4th and 1's. In fact, i didn't expect them to stop either due to how bad they were playing in previous weeks. Gotta give some credit to the Giants rather than saying the falcons were horrible. They were, but they had chances and we shut them down.

The Falcons have been abysmal failures in 4th and shorts this season. It was not a surprise in the slightest. Especially when the call was a QB sneak. I mean really. Once again, where is Turner? He wasn't even on the field. Nuff said

Maybe I was unfair in my assessment. The Giants played good, but the Falcons gave them a lot of help.

They didn't run the ball
Their play calling was horrible
The decisions to go for it on 4th and 1 were dumb
Roddy White was dropping quite a few passes
After the second failed 4th and 1 attempt they fell apart as a team.

gmenfever42

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love this underestimation of the Giants haha it's all good though I would do the same if I was 15-1 with Aaron Rodgers but this team is a lot tougher than you think they are despite their record and not beating the "best teams" lately. If you really watched this team progress through the season you would see how much fire they have been playing with recently and no stats or records matter when you have that... will just have to wait till Sunday to see who wants it more because I don't care if you guys are the better or more talented team the Giants are coming to play right now and if we continue playing like that through Sunday I wouldn't be suprised if we upset the Pack.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love this underestimation of the Giants haha it's all good though I would do the same if I was 15-1 with Aaron Rodgers but this team is a lot tougher than you think they are despite their record and not beating the "best teams" lately. If you really watched this team progress through the season you would see how much fire they have been playing with recently and no stats or records matter when you have that... will just have to wait till Sunday to see who wants it more because I don't care if you guys are the better or more talented team the Giants are coming to play right now and if we continue playing like that through Sunday I wouldn't be suprised if we upset the Pack.
I can understand and relate to your post.
We were in a similar boat with a banged up and a 10-6 team last year and we showed all football fans that we wanted it more.
I think it will be a tough game for both teams but I see the Packers prevailing.

This time it's not BrINT Fail.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what Aaron can do in the playoffs at home.
It is time for him to bring back the playoff winning tradition to Lambeau to end the losing playoff era of Burnt Fart.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score

I concede the suckage on our loss. LOL

Then again when the Giants lose, won't there be that level of frustration at realizing your boys couldn't get there again for another year? :D

N

NYGIANTS141

I concede the suckage on our loss. LOL

Then again when the Giants lose, won't there be that level of frustration at realizing your boys couldn't get there again for another year? :D

Get where? Its a bad season for everyone except one team. you know which one. So the further we go the better but we've made the playoffs for the first time in 3 years so thats a start.

Reaction score
For much of the game, the Giants did not impress me at all. Atlanta was completely inept on offense and Matt Ryan looked scared most of the time. Once you got the QB rattled, you have already won. It's hard to rattle Rodgers. He may get sacked once and the very next play, he throws a 45 yard bomb to Jordy for a TD. If I'm Aaron, I use the Giants' overaggressiveness against them. Do hard counts and pull them offsides a couple of times. I have faith in Clifton (and I am almost sure he will have a TE or Kuhn next to him to help block Pierre-Paul or Umenyiora.) I have faith in our O-Line. I am sure they are tired of hearing that the Giants front 4 is the greatest in history and there's nothing they can do to stop it.

nyghater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so confident buddy.

OK, let's say you beat us and go on to compete in the Super Bowl again. The way things are going for you guys in the Tempt Destiny billboard competition you guys are trailing and stands to lose. My question is this, why is it when you guys have the billboard you go on to win the Super Bowl, and when you don't you lose the Super Bowl?

It is YOU who should not be so confident!

UCSB616

Cheesehead
Reaction score
speaking of stupid? you really dont care what he does? If he leads a game winning drive in the 4th will you care then....GO PACK GO

If we show up he won't be in position to lead a game winning drive. If he does I guess we didn't show up to play. Thus, I dont care what Eli does, only what the packers do (or don't do) to stop him. Manning is a manufactured "star" when the media needs an east coast icon other than brady. I've yet to see him do anything (including 2007-2008) that convinces me otherwise.

Members online

Latest posts