Surprise, Surprise...... Grady Jackson wants out of GB.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
musccy -
I also know that there are many teams in the NFL right now that would want to be in the Packers situation.
GO PACK!!!

No doubt, I think the Packers can be at least as good as they were 2 yrs. ago if everything falls into place.

ph01 just touched on something...there are a lot of players and coaches who are playing for new contracts this year! Grady, Javon, all of the running backs, Sherman (so I expect him to be a little more cut-throat than in the past)...there is a lot of incentive for a lot of key players to play well this year!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Grady you're caught in a no win situation. The best thing you can do is shut up and play hard.

I think he knows this...he threw a fuss, and doesn't want to look weak, so he's dragging his feet a bit still.

Sort of like when your folks make you eat your broccoli. You throw a little tantrum, say no way, but then they threaten no dessert or TV if you don't. Well, you aren't going to sacrifice ice cream to prove a point that broccoli tastes like crap, but you also have to at least go down kicking and screaming, so you throw in a little evil stare, or overdramatize the event by throwing in a little gag reflex or something.

I really see this being the same situation w/ Grady. He knows he has no choice, I think he's just trying to save face right now.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
I agree with you that just patting this team on the back all the time isn't the right thing to do b/c right now, the Packers have a lot of work to do.

It took long enough for this kid to see the light.

Congratulations NDPackerFan.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Maybe he can even pay for something to smoke and be able to see pink elephants !!!

Go TT dont give up !!!

So THAT's IT!

Grady has been to China and has been visiting the ***** dens...

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
NDPackerFan said:
I agree with you that just patting this team on the back all the time isn't the right thing to do b/c right now, the Packers have a lot of work to do.

It took long enough for this kid to see the light.

Congratulations NDPackerFan.

No congratulations are in order Steel Wheels so thanks anyway. Number one, I'm not a kid, Grandpa, and secondly, don't pull "part" of my post and quote it. Now I know how athletes feel when their words are taken out of context. The other part was that many other teams would want to be in the Packers position.

GO PACKERS!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
I'm not arguing what he has done w/ the Packers, you can't argue the W:L stats. However,

Someone who is ~350 lbs, 32 yrs. old, missed 6 games last year, and was slowed in others by injury raises some big flags. It sounds an awful lot like Gilbert.

Could last year have just been an anomoly, and he'll be able to be effective for a few more years...certainly, but signs from last year don't really point in that direction. And, now he wants a long-term deal and a fairly large sign. bonus when his longevity and health are in question, and the Packers have some young guys waiting in the wings...it just doesn't make sense to give him a lot of money right now.

I agree. I also think your comparison to Gilbert is a valid one. Even if GRady reported to the Packers as a happy camper and didn't ask for a contract extension, I was really hoping that some of the younger D-linemen would step up and start to emerge because I don't think Grady will make it through an entire season without missing a few games because of injury. He was injury prone in New Orleans already before he came to Green Bay.

I don't think the Packers can totally count on Grady whether he is happy or not. So I think the Packers better have a backup plan ready to fill in for Grady regardless of his contract situation.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I no longer care whether or not we have Grady Jackson this season. With all due respect to Gilbert Brown, where is it written in stone that the Packers must have an old, grossly overweight, injury-prone nose tackle? Let's get some young blood in there.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Honestly, I no longer care whether or not we have Grady Jackson this season. With all due respect to Gilbert Brown, where is it written in stone that the Packers must have an old, grossly overweight, injury-prone nose tackle? Let's get some young blood in there.

I tend to agree w/ you. Speaking of Grady specifically, 2 years ago he was a beast, but signs are suggesting he's diminishing. With wishful thinking, you could expect him to return to that form and maintain it for, 2 more years - tops, again, and that's being fairly optimistic.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
musccy, I agree with you. And the fact is he has had problems controling his weight, and at his age, you can't expect to build the D around him. Hopefully neither Lee or Washington gets hurt this time and can both play bigger roles then past years.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You will never be able to depend on a guy who is that out of shape. I believe that he wants out of Green Bay because they do not have enough shrimp in the state of Wisconsin to keep him happy. :moo:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maybe the Pack can sign "this" Grady...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok I just heard on the fan radio show in Green Bay they were doing an interview and the person brought up that under collective bargaining a player can't renegoiate and contract more than once in a year. Since we fronted Grady money on his contract already this year he is basically SOL. Apparently Rosenhaus asked the Packers to cut him and then re-sign him to a better contract. Sorry if this has already been brought up just wanted to put it out there.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fondy...it's been mentioned before...Grady asked the Packers to front him ~10% of this year's salary a little while ago, so that means his current contract can't be renegotiated.

He's looking for an extension, however. Thus, more guaranteed money (sign bonus). I'm not sure when he'd receive the sign bonus, if it wouldn't be until next year, or sooner, but it appears he's just looking for the assurance that there will be more $$$ coming his way. From what I've read, he's got some financial issues right now.

Members online

Latest posts