1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Steeler Fans Visitors! Why do you believe Steelers win?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by armand34, Jan 25, 2011.

1. AndyRussell

AndyRussell Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Too much time before the game. I've run out of web sites and anyway I enjoy the perspective here. Anyway, the thread specifically asked for Steeler fan opinions, so you shouldn't open it if you know it will irritate you.
  2. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    well the beauty of this thread is that after the game is over it will be very entertaining reading :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Stillernation

Stillernation Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I feel our D will prove just too much for your offense.Stopping the run and chasing rodgers around will get real old come 3rd quarter and your O line will be gasping.Also having no super bowl experience is huge.Former players that have been in multiple super bowls say it is almost impossible to get any sleep the week leading up to the game.Once you have been through it,next time around things settle down.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3,428 / 81 / -25
    did nothing to help us in 97 and the bills didnt seem to benefit from it either in any of those SBs
  5. Stillernation

Stillernation Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    There are exceptions,and come on,using a organization like the bills as an example???LMAO....
    • Like Like x 1
  6. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    didn't they make 3 straight superbowl appearances?
  7. Stillernation

Stillernation Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yes,part of my point.THEY ARE THE BILLS!!!They DO NOT have a winning formula.They could have had 3 weeks off and still lost!
  8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3,428 / 81 / -25
    dont you know? Its only right if it involves the steelers but if its another team it doesnt count.

Steeler fans make cowboy fans seem pleasant.
  9. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +116 / 1 / -0
    The thing about thinking we are predictable is your decisions are predetermined based on your prediction. Guess what bud... what if you're wrong?

I'll answer that... we take it to the house!
  10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +2,517 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:

Yup ask the 98 Packers that lost to Denver

Or the Rams that lost to the Pats

Or the Pats that lost to the Giants

Yup experience is the key my ***

And you had Rodgers on the run all game in 09...and the offense was struggling

Face it..Your full of smack, and you better hope to GOD we dont win, or we will be invading your forum and blasting you every chance we get
    • Like Like x 4
  11. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    hahahaha! oh you know it! I have never registered at any other team's forum, but I will make an exception if the Packers win, hahaha
    • Like Like x 1
  12. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Why not? we are a damn good football team, not good...great (to steal away "your line" lol)

yea packers got scrubs on their team, GREAT POINT not good, but GREAT POINT...you're not positive the Steelers are going to win b/c your neverous:stinker:

playing down a team's accomplishments is one way to get rid of those nerves :Talkative:
    :blind::blind::blind:
    you know what, you're right, I'll take care of that for you...FELLOW PACKERS FANS...KNEEL TO THE GREAT STEELERS NATION!!! KNEEL!!!
  13. 43Hitman

43Hitman Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I'm at a complete loss for words. I was at this forum just a few days ago and thought for the most part Packer fans were cool and were being very respectful. If my fellow Steeler fans have started this **** storm, then I apologize. We should be acting like we've been there before. Well, cause we have. I really have no idea what rape allegations on either side of the field have anything to do with football, but if it makes people feel all rosey inside then I guess you might as well knock yourself out. I for one will leave this forum with this. Good Luck Packers, you guys have an awesome team and I've ALWAYS admired the Packers and their fans. Whilst the latter is being questioned at the moment, I still have tons of respect for your team. This will be a hard fought battle by both teams. Lets hope for a close injury free game. If the Steelers lose, I'll be back here to congratulate you guys. I hope you can return the same respect.
  14. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    with out a doubt
  15. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings Received:
    +643 / 0 / -0
    In my (long, believe me) experience as a fan of this team: Most Packer fans don't start the pushing - but if they get pushed, you'd better believe they'll push back.

There have been a few Steelers fans basically declaring victory on this Packer board ("you think you can deal with it but you can't" - oy) talking about their supposedly superior fanbase, etc. (which I personally find laughable - I don't live in Wisconsin anymore, but I live in an NFL city and I have seen Packer fans absolutely overwhelm the home team's fans on gameday) - so if you see some of us sounding a bit annoyed, you can probably look right there for the primary reason.

I'm not one of those people who thinks there's no way we lose on a given day, but I generally like our chances (and though I know we could lose, I'm comfortable with our chances in this game, too). But when I start seeing the smack, I'll start throwing punches myself. And we've seen a bit of smack, that's all.

I imagine you'd all do the same, and I don't think any Packer fan would blame you.
  16. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    exactly, there isn't a post I've made that wasn't in response to some non-objective-completely-biased opinion of a NON-packer fan...there is no way I'm going to agree with those kind of posts, I did start this thread b/c I wanted opinions which I got...but don't expect me to sit here and read w/o responding...I'm not trying to prove I'm classy, I'm very passionate...I love my team, you disrespect my team & I'm gonna let you know how I feel about it
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 43Hitman

43Hitman Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I can completely understand that.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. TMC

TMC Guest

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I do not know if I quite understand this philosophy. I mean, you asked why Steeler fans think their team will win. If a fan thinks that their team will win, they have to look towards the strengths of their team and the weaknesses of the opponents. You had to know when you posted it that the opinions you would receive would not fit in with what you believe.

So, in essence, you are flaming the fire so you can respond. You are inciting the fight.

Then, others come in with statements basically calling some here trolls and stating to get off the board.

IMO, that is ludicrous. If you wanted debate, open it for debate. Then, debate the facts minus all the name calling. If you do not want the debate, why even ask the question?
  19. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    1. I wanted opinions, and I got them, I don't have to agree with them

2. I never called anyone here a troll, some fans react differently then others, to each their own...this is our board, don't expect us to agree with you still

2.b Only reason why I made this thread is b/c we were already getting showered with how GREAT the Steelers are, so might as well do it here

2.c I don't recall their being a "don't expect a response" clause to the thread

3. If you got insulted in any way, I'm sorry, that's not the point of this debate...I don't recall me ridiculing any poster on here

3b. the question was asked well after the fact many posters posted their opinions, this has been a great thread...i love all the feedback from it, but it has been completely biased for the most part from the Steelers, I believe that's why you're all getting so much "retaliation" from it.
  20. BadKarma

BadKarma Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Packers have not seen a Defense like the Pittsburgh Steelers this season. They are crushing. Solve that problem (if it is at all possible) and you may have a shot.
  21. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +255 / 2 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    turn it around, the Steelers have not faced a QB like Aaron Rodgers...stop him Steelers may have a chance
  22. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3,428 / 81 / -25
    And you havent seen a Defense like ours.

Do steeler fans realize we are 1 and 2 in defense? I keep seeing posts like this and laugh at how dumb they sound when they brag about their defense being amazing when your talking a total of 8 points separating us the whole season on defense. We posted shut outs and knocked 4 or 5 QBs out of games, yet all we hear is how your defense is tougher than any other defense.
  23. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings Received:
    +443 / 15 / -5
    Yea, but they're the Steelers~!
    No, they don't recognize it, but it's okay, they'll go up against the Cheese curtain and then they'll understand. Probably the most arrogant fans I've ever read. They really do think they have this locked up, all the better, all the more hurt when the game is over, I loved Sheetcago getting close too.
  24. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +612 / 5 / -0
    The Steelers have not faced a defense like Green Bay all season. (See, I can play that game too.) Keep on underestimating the Packers.
    • Like Like x 1
  25. sully

sully Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    White house