Snap Out Of It!!!!!!

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Of my 6 one went to the Jags, one went to SF, and one went with the gag...gag..hack...hack...cough...cough....cowboys.
I would disown the Cowboys one although you can start to turn thier children back from the dark side. I got my two year old grandson a little Packer football that says GO PACK GO when you hit it. My daughter in law texted me that he's saying it all the time now.

My devilish plan is succeeding.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regarding my new Grandson, I watched the game with my son yesterday. Boy was that a tough drill!!:eek: He's a Broncos fan and he just made me a proud grandfather. :speechless:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Here's another encouraging bit; Aaron Rodgers told the Journal Sentinel that the offense was "a bit sluggish and struggled with its tempo and rhythm." I can't wait until this offense is on fire and in rhythm! How about 70 points?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, The Pats aint got nothing on us. They are a one trick pony and when the weather turns......
I can't stand the Patriots. Brady. Little Bill.
They've not had playoff success since the 2004 season, yet Brady and Bill keep getting free passes.

Packer fans need to be positive!
We are the champs, and we look better than ever.
Our defense will improve if, when, Mike Neal gets in.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Here's another encouraging bit; Aaron Rodgers told the Journal Sentinel that the offense was "a bit sluggish and struggled with its tempo and rhythm." I can't wait until this offense is on fire and in rhythm! How about 70 points?
Yeah that is what a failed 4th and 1 will do to you. Dang Packers couldn't convert that but they can score 6 offensive td's, our team needs to get fixed. That is unacceptable.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok people, I have been seeing a serious trend on this forum. ok I'm the new guy so maybe this is the way it has always been. There seems to be an incredible amount of negative vibes circulating around here. Why is our defense so bad, why is Clay playing so bad, are the horsey s gonna be a trap game. Geez, you'd think we were in Philadelphia. What part am I not getting?

I could see the negativity if we had lost one or two of our first games. And I realize we are not yet pounding people into the ground and totally dominating but lets look at where we are. We are the Champions, we are 3-0, with the exception of the first half of the Carolina game we have never trailed. Even in the Carolina game we didn't let them score after the first quarter, until the game was in hand.

Cheer up, we are only getting better, sure someone is probably going to beat us at some point but right now live in the moment, bask in the glory, even the Trolls are afraid of us. We just beat the Bears in their house. Lets start talking about KICKING A** AND TAKING NAMES.

GO PACK!!!!!!!!!

I guess some of us are just realist. I have serious concerns about the defense. It reminds me of 2009 actually. I worry we will end up in a shootout like we did against kurt Warner and the cardinal in the playoffs. I worry that we pretty much had the same secondary as last season yet we are getting torched every game. Its early enough to fix it, and I expect Capers will.

I cant seriously just stick my head in the ground and say oh that was great we won, nothing could be improved on. Well only after the SB can I feel that way. I expect perfection from this team, and look for areas of improvement in every game. But as you said, you havent been here long, so I would suggest going back and seeing who ripped the posters on here last year when they said the sky was falling. You will find its the same posters who are complaining about the pass rush and the pass defense.Some of us never get too high or too low, while others come and go like the tide.

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” - vince lombardi

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Slim to none sir... We just dropped 15K into the basement and plus I am flying my parents out for thanksgiving... Funds are low low low to the flo... :)

Are we going to be seeing the new and improve man-cave?? Not that it needed ANY improvement, ...I just remembered seeing the word "Temporary" and shuddered,... knowing mine doesn't stand a chance for even a photo! LOL!
( a sketch may have to do!)
In a few months, maybe I can get it "photo" ready..but until then, I live vicariously thru the REAL man caves, and not try to compete with the 15k models!
Girl caves have to be multi task rooms, as I've noticed... its either an office, laundry room ect. that has Packer memorabilia!

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I guess some of us are just realist. I have serious concerns about the defense. It reminds me of 2009 actually. I worry we will end up in a shootout like we did against kurt Warner and the cardinal in the playoffs. I worry that we pretty much had the same secondary as last season yet we are getting torched every game. Its early enough to fix it, and I expect Capers will.

I cant seriously just stick my head in the ground and say oh that was great we won, nothing could be improved on. Well only after the SB can I feel that way. I expect perfection from this team, and look for areas of improvement in every game. But as you said, you havent been here long, so I would suggest going back and seeing who ripped the posters on here last year when they said the sky was falling. You will find its the same posters who are complaining about the pass rush and the pass defense.Some of us never get too high or too low, while others come and go like the tide.

“Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” - vince lombardi

Never said things couldn't be improved upon. There is always room for improvement. But it's early and there is alot of football left. It just seemed to me that there was this constant undertone of zeroing in on the things we need to improve and very little for the things we are doing right. Like winning football games.

Nothing wrong with analyzing a team but there needs to be some balance or it's not fun and then whats the point. I personally watch and love football for the human conflict, the chess games, the excitement the imperfect human overcoming adversity. If you just focus on the negative you lose that, you lose sight that we overcame our shortcomings in that game. It was not my intent to be critical, I just thought there needed to be a little Ying with the Yang.

I scared the crap out of my 6 year old grandson when the Pack beat the Bears to make the playoffs. I started pounding on the arms of my chair screaming "were in the playoffs", he didn't know what to make of it. We didn't play a perfect game against the Bears that day. There were a ton of mistakes but in the end it made no difference, we won. If I ever lose my excitement and love for this game I might as well just become.....Well.... A baseball fan.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Slim to none sir... We just dropped 15K into the basement and plus I am flying my parents out for thanksgiving... Funds are low low low to the flo... :)

I understand, Maybe while your out here we can get together and have a brew. You putting a tap in your basement? I may have to make a road trip next year to Ohio.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
I understand, Maybe while your out here we can get together and have a brew. You putting a tap in your basement? I may have to make a road trip next year to Ohio.

No Tap... just getting the basement finished...framing, drywall, lighting, electrical, projector set up, theater seating, ping pong table, half bathroom... let me know if you make a trip up here...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never said things couldn't be improved upon. There is always room for improvement. But it's early and there is alot of football left. It just seemed to me that there was this constant undertone of zeroing in on the things we need to improve and very little for the things we are doing right. Like winning football games.

Nothing wrong with analyzing a team but there needs to be some balance or it's not fun and then whats the point. I personally watch and love football for the human conflict, the chess games, the excitement the imperfect human overcoming adversity. If you just focus on the negative you lose that, you lose sight that we overcame our shortcomings in that game. It was not my intent to be critical, I just thought there needed to be a little Ying with the Yang.

I scared the crap out of my 6 year old grandson when the Pack beat the Bears to make the playoffs. I started pounding on the arms of my chair screaming "were in the playoffs", he didn't know what to make of it. We didn't play a perfect game against the Bears that day. There were a ton of mistakes but in the end it made no difference, we won. If I ever lose my excitement and love for this game I might as well just become.....Well.... A baseball fan.

I'm a glass half full leaning toward my cup runneth over kind of fan. But, for me it comes from a place of pure faith in my team. I have a little secret to tell you, though. I have a dark side and it's equal opposite to the one you know as Kitten. That other dark half of me I like to call, Hellcat. I don't think any of you on here have ever seen me in Hellcat mode and I pray you never do. It's not a pretty sight and you'll never forget it, ever.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
We should all be 100% behind each of the Packers 24/7.

I think we are. Being critical after a victory is not contradictory to that statement.

For example:

1. Do you think that Lombardi was 100% behind his Packers 24/7?
2. Do you think Lombardi ever had anything negative or critical to say after his team won a game?

I would answer "hell, yes" to both.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
...That other dark half of me I like to call, Hellcat. I don't think any of you on here have ever seen me in Hellcat mode and I pray you never do. It's not a pretty sight and you'll never forget it, ever.

I highly doubt, Kitten, that anyone here needs any further incentive to avoid crossing swords with you. However, now that we know you hold Hellcat in reserve, I actually look forward to watching (from the sidelines) the poor fool who gives it a try. :p

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are. Being critical after a victory is not contradictory to that statement.

For example:

1. Do you think that Lombardi was 100% behind his Packers 24/7?
2. Do you think Lombardi ever had anything negative or critical to say after his team won a game?

I would answer "hell, yes" to both.
Since I was never in the locker room, never personally knew Lombardi or was ever in his head in any way, I have no clue or ideas on what or how he felt about the team after wins. Good or bad. Positive or negative.

To justify the criticism and negativity towards the Packers after they win by bringing up a speculative argument involving Lombardi is reaching.

It doesn't surprise me that those "fans" who want to criticize the Pack, will come in here and justify their negative ways.
It really is ridiculous to be defensive to be negative towards a winning team.
IMO

Members online

Latest posts