Should we go after TO for a year or two

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Green Bay signs TO that in my opinion would be the signing to lure Brett Favre back. I hope TT at least gives Rosenhaus (can't believe I'm saying this) a call about him. Now whether TO would go to Green Bay over Dallas is the main question. I think if TT offers him enough $$$ for a year or two he may.

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe you guys are saying that either. No fan on any forum that I've seen has been eager to add TO. Ok maybe one in each forum, but they are usually the straws that like to stir things up, not the intelligent posters.

I'm surprised that you guys are actually entertaining the idea.

By the way, with that much cap space, why haven't you been active in free agency?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
cause Ted's a moron and he get's a "perverse thrill" out of being a tightwad....

(maybe he internalized his parents depression era mentality...who knows....and who cares..????)

but if TT DOESN'T inquire about TO....you have my permission to pelt him with frozen Brats in the Village Square of beautiful downtown Green Bay..!!!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Your right TOPackerfan but I really think the risk is minimul in comparison to the potential rewards such as letting Brett and other players know we are planning on being a serious contender. What do you think ?
I have said NO TO many times in the past.

Now I say go for it! This could be the impact signing Teddy needs to make.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With no signs of bringing in John Runyan and/or Stephan Neal or any other interesting OG's who's going to have time to wait for Driver,TO,Walker,Franks or Fergie to get open. Without the threat of that how will Green or Gado get into open lanes? At least I'd like to see some OL workings going on here. BTW, TO has been officially released and Keyshawn Johnson as well. Looks like Dallas may make the bid on him.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is at such a crossroads right now...three time division championships followed by a 4-12 season

The worst part of our division championship teams (defense) was ranked in the top third last year, and actually did not lose us most of the games that wel lost

Our QB can still play--last season was as much Sherman's fault as Favre's...put a team around him that doesnt get hurt and he can still take us somewhere.

My point is, to cut a potentially long rant short, is...lets go, lay it on the line, make a move to keep this team from plummetting further

To get to the point of the thread, sure bring T.O. to Green Bay--we are desparate at this point considering Walker's situation

I'm not saying TT should, I'm saying I would

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
Our QB can still play--last season was as much Sherman's fault as Favre's...put a team around him that doesnt get hurt and he can still take us somewhere.

Wow! So now it's Sherman's fault that guys got hurt last year? You just can't argue with logic like that (for a very good reason).

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not really sure this is the kind of teammate most guys would want.

From nfl.com:

"Owens also annoyed the Eagles by breaking the dress code on road trips, parking in coaches' spots at the team's practice facility and sleeping through one team meeting, not bringing his playbook to another and refusing to open the playbook at another meeting."

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pantherd said:
I can't believe you guys are saying that either. No fan on any forum that I've seen has been eager to add TO. Ok maybe one in each forum, but they are usually the straws that like to stir things up, not the intelligent posters.

I'm surprised that you guys are actually entertaining the idea.

By the way, with that much cap space, why haven't you been active in free agency?

this is WHY we're panicking, pantherd!!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T.O is a potential hall of famer IMO...I think hes a GREAT player who makes plays!!! With Brett who of which could keep him in toe I believe we could give him a shot for a year or two, we do need a play maker and a go to guy for Brett...IMO

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sign TO and I think that guarntees Favre comes back.

GB is rumored to talk with Philly sometime this week about trading Javon Walker.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

GB is rumored to talk with Philly sometime this week about trading Javon Walker.

i dont get why it would matter though if we talk to philly because we cant get T.O. from them and we should not give up walker because we desperately need WR's and Javon is our best one.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
gado35 said:
porky88 said:

i dont get why it would matter though if we talk to philly because we cant get T.O. from them and we should not give up walker because we desperately need WR's and Javon is our best one.

TO is a Free Agent.

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
gado35 said:
porky88 said:

TO is a Free Agent.

yeah, i know he is a FA so i dont get who Philly has that we need

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think the Packers have problems now at wr, then you haven't seen nothin' yet. Just sign TO and he'll have this team in so much confusion with his selfishness and ego trippin' you might just as well invent a new word excelleration for turmoil.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
okay, panic mode officially over for me - i say f**k T.O.!!! let him go to dallas & deal with the big tuna!!! he'll romp on his ***!!!! :lol:

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are we counting on? Favre will retire this season as a QB and re-sign as babysitter?

OP
OP
P

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gado35 said:
porky88 said:

Philly is interested in Walker... TO's been cut.. we don't need to give anything up to get him.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched with great enjoyment watching this guy tear apart the Eagles single-handedly. But i've been thinking--If this team has one run left in it (which would require favre back, obviously)...we have a last place schedule this year, play the NFC West, the jets, the saints, some other bad teams

And you've gotta begin to realize that TO doesnt have that many chances left, I know he's over 30, has a horrid reputation, and maybe he'll start to shape up. Notice how he's remained quiet all through Philly releasing him this week. Also, you can see what TO can do for a team when he was playing. The Eagles never had the team makeup to go to the super bowl, until they had TO. He's a go-to reciever, possession to move the chains...his catch and runs which turn into 20 and 40 yard touchdowns change the game around entirely. His celebration antics energize the crowd--as long as you keep him happy

Considering no one else is biting, I think he is worth a shot ona one or two year deal

BACKIN-PACKIN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
I watched with great enjoyment watching this guy tear apart the Eagles single-handedly. But i've been thinking--If this team has one run left in it (which would require favre back, obviously)...we have a last place schedule this year, play the NFC West, the jets, the saints, some other bad teams

And you've gotta begin to realize that TO doesnt have that many chances left, I know he's over 30, has a horrid reputation, and maybe he'll start to shape up. Notice how he's remained quiet all through Philly releasing him this week. Also, you can see what TO can do for a team when he was playing. The Eagles never had the team makeup to go to the super bowl, until they had TO. He's a go-to reciever, possession to move the chains...his catch and runs which turn into 20 and 40 yard touchdowns change the game around entirely. His celebration antics energize the crowd--as long as you keep him happy

Considering no one else is biting, I think he is worth a shot ona one or two year deal

So, in other words, having cancer is more important than being healthy. You just don't get it, do you? And I'm tired of fans wanting to sell the cow for a glass of milk, and if you don't know that by now, and after all the other posters have spoken on the matter, then all I can say is say hi to the "tin man" for me, and Dorothy too while you're at it!

Members online

Latest posts