Should there be a PFFFL dynasty league?

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
So a PPR Keeper league with IDP's? In a 10 team league? Count me in.

Standard point totals, or custom? What site would you be doing it with?
(If you don't have one in mind I'd like to suggest Yahoo because they have a sweet game recap thing: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/346355/recap?week=16&mid1=1&mid2=4)
How big of a roster? Standard starters, or would you customize that? When would the playoffs be, and how many teams get into the playoffs? Random draft order for the first year? I can't think of anymore questions off the top of my head, but I'm sure I'll think of some more.
All I have so far is that it will be on fleaflicker.com, roster size will probably start at 30-35 players (unless we do IDP then I will need to figure that out). We would do random draft order for the start up draft. We would be drafting through this forum (slow draft) that way no one loses internet connection in the middle of the draft.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I have so far is that it will be on fleaflicker.com, roster size will probably start at 30-35 players (unless we do IDP then I will need to figure that out). We would do random draft order for the start up draft. We would be drafting through this forum (slow draft) that way no one loses internet connection in the middle of the draft.
30 in a 10 team league? O.O damn. Even with the standard starting roster that your first link mentioned: 1QB, 1HB, 2WR, 2Off-FLEX, 1TE, 1K, 3IDP. That would still leave 19 open bench slots, which is overkill imo. I think that sizable of a roster could kill Free Agency really.

Regardless I am still interested, I'm just voicing thoughts/ concerns. I've still gotta read up more so on this because it is a little more extensive than I was thinking at first.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
30 in a 10 team league? O.O damn. Even with the standard starting roster that your first link mentioned: 1QB, 1HB, 2WR, 2Off-FLEX, 1TE, 1K, 3IDP. That would still leave 19 open bench slots, which is overkill imo. I think that sizable of a roster could kill Free Agency really.

Regardless I am still interested, I'm just voicing thoughts/ concerns. I've still gotta read up more so on this because it is a little more extensive than I was thinking at first.
Trust me when I say having a large bench for dynasty is the way to go. It rewards the good managers.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll draft Johnny Football as my backup. Yes I know he's a freshman & can't enter the draft until next yr

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My roommate is also interested in playing, he does not currently have a forum account. I told him to make one and post here.

The Boatman

@JB3LL
Reaction score
I would still like to be in, i play espn, and nfl. I haven't had a season yet where I don't manage up to the final game. I'm usually winning.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
My plan is to have a Veterans draft between the day after the Super Bowl and the NFL Draft and have a Rookie draft about a month after the NFL Draft.
Or we can just do one big draft after the NFL Draft.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am in!

please limit to people who are really into it. Sucks to have somebody give up after just a year or two of crappy teams.

looking forward to it!

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I am in!

please limit to people who are really into it. Sucks to have somebody give up after just a year or two of crappy teams.

looking forward to it!
That is why the only people on the list of participants have been members of the site for a while.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
So far we have 8 people interested.
Wood Chipper
Vltrophy
MiamiBeachPacker
Gotta Fly
WhetHorn
Shawnsta3
Poppa San
AmishMafia

The Boatman

@JB3LL
Reaction score
well if you need another, I'll join. I'm not going to bolt on a league. but having people that have been on here a while is valid.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Just a heads up. Fleaflicker's offseason is until free agency opens up in the NFL. So mid-march is my projected begin date for the dynasty league. We will have a veteran's draft and in May we will do the rookie draft.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
hey wood chipper how many spots are open??? Also would these be live online drafts?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So have you, we, the goalpost, decided on roster sizes and all the options? PPR. IDP, ST yardage, bonus points? Will we invert drat order first time for the rookie draft? When would waivers and trades lock and unlock? Can trades be blocked by the commish / other owners?
(learning a lot researching this. I will have more)

Members online

Latest posts