Rumors/News From Packerchatters. "On The Sideline"

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really....TOP is the only genius amongst us. Friggin' Canadians and their lofty cranial capacity are really starting to **** me off!!

And yes, Z2C..."Colt .45 Malt Liquor DOES put the "V" back in "smoove"....and clearly some of you have been swilling before posting.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Really....TOP is the only genius amongst us. Friggin' Canadians and their lofty cranial capacity are really starting to **** me off!!

And yes, Z2C..."Colt .45 Malt Liquor DOES put the "V" back in "smoove"....and clearly some of you have been swilling before posting.

Good day, ladies and gentlemen!!

:rotflmao: awesome!

I've been catching up on two weeks homework of Composition II and two weeks of Data Structures, no time for any 'swilling'. :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(I was waiting for Digs to post...."I said.... GOOD DAY!!!!")

Anyway...........I be won of them genieuses u be takin abowt! I dun gradjadated kollige! Ebbieone always saz i be won SMART AS......!!!

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
February 20, 2007
Written by Joe Arrigo - PackerChatters Staff

I have been told the Packers and Nick Barnett's people
are getting a little closer to a deal, locking the MLB
up for 5-6 years, I couldn't get my hands on any
fiscal details.

Look for the Packers to try and make a push for Daniel
Graham. At first they were not to sure on whether or
not to make a run at him, but it seems they have
decided to do so since the Pats franchised Asante
Samuel.

It seems the Packers have an eye on a BIG OL that has
ties to Thompson...sorry I cannot say the name
today...I will bring it out later in the week.

I was told as of today the top 4 WR's on the Packers
board are (in no particular order) Ginn, Jarrett, Rice
and Bowe.

Three RB's to keep your eye on if your a Packers fan
are Dwayne Wright, Brian Leonard and Tony Hunt.

Look for the Packers to inquire about Deon Grant, but
they won't get into a betiding war with other teams
over him.

The Packers are mulling whether or not to make a ruin
at Cato June.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
February 20, 2007

fiscal details.

Look for the Packers to try and make a push for Daniel
Graham. At first they were not to sure on whether or
not to make a run at him, but it seems they have
decided to do so since the Pats franchised Asante
Samuel.

It seems the Packers have an eye on a BIG OL that has
ties to Thompson...sorry I cannot say the name
today...I will bring it out later in the week.

I was told as of today the top 4 WR's on the Packers
board are (in no particular order) Ginn, Jarrett, Rice
and Bowe.

Three RB's to keep your eye on if your a Packers fan
are Dwayne Wright, Brian Leonard and Tony Hunt.

Look for the Packers to inquire about Deon Grant, but
they won't get into a betiding war with other teams
over him.

The Packers are mulling whether or not to make a ruin
at Cato June.

I'm sorry..... I can't take it any more......
Cato freakin' June?!?!?! Why why why? In any universe, this would make negative sense. Not zero sense, negative sense. Everything else is no-brainer statements. Of course they'll make a push for DG. our Tight Ends blow and everyone from here to Calcutta knows it.

Oh, and what a real deep look into the Pack's top 4 receivers. Aren't those everyone's top 4 WR's?

Sorry, this is a fun thread, and I appreciate the rumors and info, but I've been a little on-edge lately.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
February 20, 2007

fiscal details.
Packerlegend.......it's spelled "PHYSICAL!!!" Not "FISCAL!!!"

(I'm JUST KIDDING!!!!LOLOLOLOLOL!!!) :rotflmao:
"Lets get fiscal, fiscal, come on and get fiscal, let's get into fiscal. Let me here your wallet talk, your wallet talk. Let me hear your wallet talk!!!" :rotflmao:

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
February 20, 2007

fiscal details.

"Lets get fiscal, fiscal, come on and get fiscal, let's get into fiscal. Let me here your wallet talk, your wallet talk. Let me hear your wallet talk!!!" :rotflmao:

fis·cal Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fis-kuhl] Pronunciation Key
–adjective 1. of or pertaining to the public treasury or revenues: fiscal policies.
2. of or pertaining to financial matters in general.
–noun 3. (in some countries) a prosecuting attorney.
4. Philately. a revenue stamp.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
PackerLegend said:
February 20, 2007

fiscal details.

fis·cal Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fis-kuhl] Pronunciation Key
–adjective 1. of or pertaining to the public treasury or revenues: fiscal policies.
2. of or pertaining to financial matters in general.
–noun 3. (in some countries) a prosecuting attorney.
4. Philately. a revenue stamp.
Legend....i was trying to make a joke! (Note: I said TRYING!!!)LOLOLOL!!!
Thats why i put the JUST KIDDING at the end! I knew you had it right!
I know the difference between "fiscal" and "physical!" :thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the Sidelines

February 22, 2007

The Packers talked to Cullen Jenkins agent last night and are meeting today. They both are optimistic a deal can or will get done, but if not the Packers will put a tender on Jenkins (I was told a 1st round tender). Either way, I was told that the Packers will still go hard after Adalius Thomas, who they consider the top free agent on the market.

Speaking of Thomas, he will NOT be named the Ravens "Franchise player". They believe they can resign him while he is on the market, not to mention they would be over the cap if the did tender him. The 49ers and Packers are the front runners tom land him, but the Raiders, Jets, Patriots and Browns also have an interest in him.

Packers GM Ted Thompson caught flack for trading down in round 2 when Chad Jackson (the former WR from Florida) was available, and drafting Greg Jennings. But Thompson was not sold on Jackson's health or ability to stay healthy. Well that instinct proved right as Jackson was hampered by nagging injuries all year and now it comes out he tore his ACL in the AFC title game.

Packers FB William Henderson wants to return, but the ball is in the Packers court and they are deciding on whether or not they want him back. I was told they will give him word in the upcoming weeks.

Reports surfaced yesterday linking Houston and Denver to Packers RB Ahman Green, but other teams, most notably the Jets, Giants, Browns, Lions and Vikings also have interest. Green, who needs just 45 yards to break Jim Taylor's Packers all time rushing mark, wants to resign with the Packers, who are open to a bringing him back, at the right price.

The Bears have MAJOR issues going on. Lance Briggs apparently will ask for a trade because he doesn't feel he will get paid the way his play says he should. Also, the Lovie Smith extension talks are dead and if he was to become a free agent coach at the end of the season, he would be one of 4 Head coaches that could choose where he wants to go (the others being Marty Schottenhiemer, Bill Parcells and Bill Cower).

The Raven are working ******* restructuring Jamaal Lewis contract. Neither party wants the other to leave.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would hope the OL that the Packers are interested in is Steinbach who I hear has experience in the ZBS. It has always been my belief that you can NEVER have enough solid OL. Besides, the injury bug just might hit us this season since it didn't last year. March 2nd will be an exciting day for me because I can rag on TT for not moving faster at signing people.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would hope the OL that the Packers are interested in is Steinbach who I hear has experience in the ZBS. It has always been my belief that you can NEVER have enough solid OL. Besides, the injury bug just might hit us this season since it didn't last year. March 2nd will be an exciting day for me because I can rag on TT for not moving faster at signing people.

I think the o-l is pork chop wolmack

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
February 23, 2007
Here is what's going on the sidelines....

The Packers have talked to Clark Harris, Grer Olsen, Zach Miller and another "undisclosed" player yesterday, and came away impressed with all of them.

The Cullen Jenkins talk went well yesterday. Both sides agreed that a 3 or 4 year deal would be best for both parties, now it is "just" working on the money. They will meet again today to see if anything can get done.

I was told Adalius Thomas wants a $12 million dollar signing bonus, something that the Packers, 49ers and Browns can do. Look for him to be signed quickly by one of those 3 teams.

The Packers may take a look at Ryan Sims (the former Chief 1st round pick that has been a bust so far). He has been hurt and could be had for a cheap price (for a season).

Thomas Jones will be traded this off season and the Jets, Giants, Raiders and Browns all have intrest.

Dontè Stallworth wants a 6 year $31 million dollar deal (or some where in that range) with at least a $10 million dollar signing bonus. The Eagles will let him walk for that price..but the 49ers look to be willing to pay that.

Napoleon Harris, Fred Smoot, Brad Johnson and Darren Sharper could all be cut or not resigned to the Vikings in a few days. Smoot could also be traded.

Cato June could be the Ravens replacement for Adalius Thomas.

Enjoy the weekend and i'll see you Monday!!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of all of the names thrown out there I would be one happy camper if Graham, Rice, Leonard, and, Thomas were Green Bay Packers next year.

These are the type of guys that take you beyond hopes and dreams to the real deal.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can anyone point out anything that guy has said in the past that was correct?

Remember surefire rumor last year about trading up for Reggie Bush?

How about Tampa was so much better for Woodson with all the personal relationships and the Packers just would not equal their offer let alone the inexperienced coaching staff.

I challenge anyone to find a prediction of this guy that was ever corrrect(unless it was out on another site first).

The guy says he works at a radio station near Palm Springs, California.
That's an insider profile!!
Who in the Packer organization would share real secrets with the guy?

If he ever got anything right he could actually have some credibility.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cato June replacing Thomas would be shocking. June is fairly small for a LB since that's what the Tampa 2 scheme uses. I don't really see him as a pass rushing LB in the 3-4 or 46 Defense.

To me that's a give away that he's just throwing out names.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Can anyone point out anything that guy has said in the past that was correct?

Remember surefire rumor last year about trading up for Reggie Bush?

How about Tampa was so much better for Woodson with all the personal relationships and the Packers just would not equal their offer let alone the inexperienced coaching staff.

I challenge anyone to find a prediction of this guy that was ever corrrect(unless it was out on another site first).

The guy says he works at a radio station near Palm Springs, California.
That's an insider profile!!
Who in the Packer organization would share real secrets with the guy?

If he ever got anything right he could actually have some credibility.

Why not ask someone to pull a monkey out of their ***? They'd have just as much luck.

There hasn't been one comment from this guy that I've read that I couldn't link back to something I read earlier from another website or article. Not to mention most of his stuff is assumption BASED off other articles.
Informed, he's not, clever, that he is. It's entertaining, at times. Nothing more.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey PackerLegend; You stated that you would let us know "later in the week" who the Pack was interested in for the OL. Well now it's "late in the week", so please give it up. Thanks!

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT wins the Post of the Thread award with this post:

"I'd find it really hard to root for Moss, but if he got off the plane with a pair of rubber gloves, a bottle of Mr. Clean, and a bucket of water and headed straight to that goal post he desicrated; I might be able to find it within myself to accept him. Blowing by Darlene Sharpier for a few TD's wouldn't hurt either."

I thoroughly enjoyed that line of thinking. Thanks DakotaT.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
How good of a source is this site. It really looks like they're naming everything and anything.

I've read his rumors for the past year plus and find them worthless, however they are entertaining. It's fun to read, thats about it though. He claims to have solid connections, but I think they blow smoke up his ***.

Everything and anything, yes, then they go back an if they hit on one, they say 'i am credible per this post'.

Jay is a clever person. Just don't put money on any of his rumors, lol.

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts