RUMORS FLY OF RODGERS FOR MOSS

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big ben is not a franchise player... a lucky bastard on a great team.... he is at best an average QB... but hes got a superbowl.

i wouldnt mind a rodgers moss trade... but digs is freakin right. we have no idea what a-rodg is capable of. how can you say hes crap you relaly have no idea.

the only reason i would be ok with the rodgers trade... is because he has no chance here

people will write him off from the start because hes not brett favre.... might as well get something great out of him

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
the only reason i would be ok with the rodgers trade... is because he has no chance here

people will write him off from the start because hes not brett favre.... might as well get something great out of him

doesnt really matter who takes Bretts place..the 1st time the guy has a bad game, lot of people will want him benched

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like when Favre came in for Majkowski and threw a ball to himself?? LOL

Fans are so fickle.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big ben is not a franchise player... a lucky bastard on a great team.... he is at best an average QB... but hes got a superbowl.

i wouldnt mind a rodgers moss trade... but digs is freakin right. we have no idea what a-rodg is capable of. how can you say hes crap you relaly have no idea.

If there really is anything to Rodgers being involved in this I would have to believe that MM has been sought out and in his opinion ARod is not the guy for us after Favre.

MM has had a year with him now and he's supposedly a great evaluator of talent at QB. Having said that it's still a tough call without giving him a legitimate shot at proving he does or doesn't have it.

I still have doubts that he's in the picture here. Oakland knows damn well they aren't getting a #1 of any kind for Moss at this point. We took a what? A Second rounder and later round pick for Walker? In his prime yet.

Something doesn't add up there.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
digsthepack said:
No, ref, we actually do not "know" this. We may have disparate ideas as to what he will be, but none of us "know" what he is until he gets some reps when it means something.

By every early observation, Brett Favre should not even have had a career...but he was provided an opportunity...and he siezed it.

Beyond that, realistically now, how often does the "franchise QB" that you speka of roll down the pike. Yeah...not that often, and most teams win without the benefit of having one.

I dont know what your talking about ... but the last 3 sb teams all have franchise QB ... brady big ben manning

But Brady was not considered a franchise QB until AFTER he won a Super Bowl, and the Steelers won their Super Bowl with an offense that minimized Roethlisberger's decisions, and in spite of the fact that Roethlisberger played poorly in the Super Bowl. I don't think we should bail out on Rodgers until we have some idea of whether he will be any good.

Good points

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:twocents: I have no idea why so many think that Moss would be anything except what he has been; a cancer! Rodgers may turn out to be more then many think he is and we also have Ingle Martin who is said to have excellent football intelligence as well as a stronger arm then Rodgers, so why all this fuss over Moss makes no sense and a trade for him would only create a larger problem down the road. You can't have instant gratification just by wishing for it. TT and MM seem to be doing a pretty good job of re-building so far and think they wouldn't want to jeporadize the future for a quick fix now.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont' recall Moss being a "cancer" in Minny all those years as far as being a pain in the *** teammate goes.

I remember him being a pain in the *** for the Green Bay Packers though.

I see a guy that does not handle losing very well so the gamble is we end up with a pain in the butt if are losing.

There's like 400 pain in the butts on this forum when were losing.

So what's your point.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:twocents: Warhawk you have a very short memory then. Wasn't he the player that left the field before it was over? Wasn't he the guy in MN. that ran into a meter maid? Wasn't he the guy the the Vikes got rid of because he was causing problems with the team's comfort zone? Wasn't he the guy that *****ed at the coaches on the sidelines? Wasn't he the player that decided he only played full-bore when it pleased him? So this is the guy you'd like in Green Bay?

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:twocents: Warhawk you have a very short memory then. Wasn't he the player that left the field before it was over? Wasn't he the guy in MN. that ran into a meter maid? Wasn't he the guy the the Vikes got rid of because he was causing problems with the team's comfort zone? Wasn't he the guy that *****ed at the coaches on the sidelines? Wasn't he the player that decided he only played full-bore when it pleased him? So this is the guy you'd like in Green Bay?

I remember all of those things which is why I wouldn't want him in Green Bay. Sure he hs good skills and can catch the deep ball well, but like chibiabos said if he doesn't want to play, he isn't going to play.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forget rodgers.....lets trade 2 number ones, ferguson, krob, and rodgers away and get VINCE YOUNG!!!

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"Not ganna do it, wouldn't be prudent."

sounds like a pretty lame rumor to me. it seems like PFT is half reality/half enquirer...give or take a fourth.

Reaction score
This is the earliest time I have seen you on pf.com arrow.

You're under house arrest, aren't you? :wtf:

Seriously: I'm still surprised that pft.com has been getting tidbits of 'inside info' because everything I have read gives me the impression that Ted isn't one to let his plans slip to just anyone...

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's so much wrong in this thread, I don't know where to start.

First, the trade proposal. Our 1st, our 2nd, next year's 2nd, and Rodgers for Moss and the 1st overall. There's no way in hell the Raiders would ever do such a thing. Al Davis will wake up with a very sore *** the day after that trade goes down, because it's the equivalent of being ***** by a male **** star.

Second, the Ravens won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer and Steve Young didn't start a full season until he was 30, so to pass judgment this early on whether or not Rodgers is a good player capable of winning a Super Bowl is absolutely insane. My personal opinion is that he will not become a pro-bowl caliber player, but my personal opinion on this matter is irrelevant, and so is yours. No one knows for sure whether or not Aaron Rodgers will ever be good. Not even Mike McCarthy or Aaron Rodgers.

Last but not least, Google "Raiders message board." Tell me what their fans think of Randy Moss.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont' recall Moss being a "cancer" in Minny all those years as far as being a pain in the *** teammate goes.

I see a guy that does not handle losing very well so the gamble is we end up with a pain in the butt if are losing.

So what's your point.

After Chris Carter left some would say yes he was a cancer..

he needs someone like that around him..He didnt have anyone like that in Minny and didnt have anyone like that in Oak town...Does he or will he have someone like that IF he comes here?

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:

So what's your point.

After Chris Carter left some would say yes he was a cancer..

he needs someone like that around him..He didnt have anyone like that in Minny and didnt have anyone like that in Oak town...Does he or will he have someone like that IF he comes here?

Driver and Favre wont take that ****.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont see Driver as having the personality to do that..but I dont know how he is in the locker room..

Favre would be the most logical choice, but then again has he done things like that?? for the most part I see Brett leading by example...not one to take a guy by the shirt and get in his face...

Maybe I am wrong

Reaction score
Interesting:

Don Banks from CNNSi reports the following today:

Despite continued speculation about Oakland and Green Bay having contact regarding a trade of disgruntled Raiders receiver Randy Moss, a source close to the situation said no team -- Green Bay included -- has called to inquire about Moss. There is no timetable driving any potential trade of Moss, the source said, because the Raiders don't owe Moss any offseason bonus of any kind. While Oakland is still thought to be open to moving Moss, any attempt to do is said to be in the "embryonic stages.''

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depending on who you believe, Randy Moss seems destined to be a member of the Green Bay Packers in 2007. An Oakland radio station (KNBR-680/1050) confirmed a report this morning with PackerReport.com that the Packers and Raiders are in "serious negotiations" regarding a trade for Moss. Oh, really? However, PackerReport.com has learned, that the Packers have yet to contact the Raiders about Moss. This came from a source within the Raiders organization. Scout.com senior writer Adam Caplan also said today that the Packers will contact the Raiders about Moss but haven't yet. Moss has made it known that he wants out of Oakland, and fans in the Bay area want him out. Green Bay and Jacksonville reportedly are two teams with the most interest in Moss.
Posted March 02, by Ben Maller

some more rumors from foxsports.com.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Interesting:

Don Banks from CNNSi reports the following today:

Despite continued speculation about Oakland and Green Bay having contact regarding a trade of disgruntled Raiders receiver Randy Moss, a source close to the situation said no team -- Green Bay included -- has called to inquire about Moss. There is no timetable driving any potential trade of Moss, the source said, because the Raiders don't owe Moss any offseason bonus of any kind. While Oakland is still thought to be open to moving Moss, any attempt to do is said to be in the "embryonic stages.''

Interesting:
I'll have to add Don Banks to my 'Skip Articles By This Writer' list seeing has he doesn't do his homework before sumbitting his work.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers is just taking up roster spots......We need to dump him...We all know that he is not a franchise QB, he may be decent at best, but he wont take us in the direction we need to go....Im not saying he is bad and wouldnt be a decent starter, but he is no Philip Rivers, Jay Cutler, Matt Leinart, or Vince Young....We all know at least that much!!

Wow, Rodgers is no Cutler or Young

this is why people should not base anything on just few practices

Wonder where this ref is now?

Members online

Latest posts