Rodgers, Brady and Brees on pace to break Marinos passing record

Packers_89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this the season Marino's single season passing record is broken? 3 QBs are on pace almost halfway through the season. Brees came SO close a few years ago.I can't remember the last time 3 QBs were this close so late into a season. All three are on pace for over 5400 yards. Breed being the closest since he has played 1 more game than Rodgers and Brady.

Hopefully ARod can do it in a 16-0 season. What do you guys think?

Castle Of Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be cool to see, but I think Rodgers' and Brady's numbers may fall off a touch as the weather turns. Nothing against their ability, but it just gets harder to keep up that kind of production when winter sets in. Then again, the way Rodgers has looked so far this season, nothing would surprise me.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be cool to see, but I think Rodgers' and Brady's numbers may fall off a touch as the weather turns. Nothing against their ability, but it just gets harder to keep up that kind of production when winter sets in. Then again, the way Rodgers has looked so far this season, nothing would surprise me.

I thought that at first, but remember it was late last season when Rodgers went all Jedi Master on us, when it was the coldest. Maybe the cold doesn't affect him as badly as other QBs. You also have to account for games that are played in domes, where weather really doesn't come into play.

So yes, I think Aaron Rodgers has a chance at breaking Marino's single season passing record this year, if he maintains his current pace. As for Brees, what are the chances the BOTH break it in the same year? If so, than I think the record holder will go to Aaron as his record should be better even though both players broke Marino's record.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Yeah the rules changes and the way the refs are calling personal fouls and not calling holding penalty's have really lopsided this game toward passing. Way too much for my liking. The game is becoming to sterile. That's why I haven't really been overly concerned with our pass defense in the early part of the season. Not really fair to Marino since he made his record under much more difficult passing conditions but that's the way the game goes.

But the winds of November come blowin.

Castle Of Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that at first, but remember it was late last season when Rodgers went all Jedi Master on us, when it was the coldest. Maybe the cold doesn't affect him as badly as other QBs. You also have to account for games that are played in domes, where weather really doesn't come into play.

So yes, I think Aaron Rodgers has a chance at breaking Marino's single season passing record this year, if he maintains his current pace. As for Brees, what are the chances the BOTH break it in the same year? If so, than I think the record holder will go to Aaron as his record should be better even though both players broke Marino's record.

It will certainly be interesting to see how it unfolds. Brees has the luxury of his coldest weather game the rest of the year being in Tennessee, but Rodgers has the luxury of being the better QB on the better team haha.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont forget brady plays the most games out of all three of these qbs in bad weather...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
dont forget brady plays the most games out of all three of these qbs in bad weather...
Really not much difference between Brady and Rogers schedule as to weather. http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedulegrid/_/year/2011

One thing I did notice when looking at all the teams, the NFL seems to be trying to negate temperature in late season games. Warm weather teams for the most part have or will soon finish up their cold weather visits except for an occasional division game. While the coldest NO gets is Tenn In Dec, SD gets Chi in three weeks then doesn't need to pack a sweater for the rest of the season. SF isn't too much different. Even Atl got a warm weather schedule.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts