Queens sign Longwell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ohio States kicker Josh Houston is someone to consider . Maybe a late rd pick or bring him in for tryouts . He's got a great leg , kickoffs out of the endzone , range 55 and in . :joy:

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What blame am I putting of TT? I want him to start making some moves.
Believe it or not, when the season begins, I will be one of TT's biggest supporters, because he is running the show and I am a Packer fan!!!

Oh and by the way I am not one to run around and blame anyone for a loss! This is a team game, losing is not the fault of one player or one coach, or one GM.

I live in Brown's country and have to listen to there wining, *****ing, and moaning everyday during the season, that is one reason I am glad I grew up a Packer fan, because even in the not so very good era(70's, 80's)their fans supported them.

I'll listen to IBprez, if you want to go on and live in the past and keep blaming Mike Sherman for everything go ahead, I would appreciate it though if you wouldn't respond to any of my posts.

My statement was TT has made moves and opened up 30 million dollars.
How is that blaming him for anyhting?

My question was when is he going to start to use it?

I really don't appreciate your back-handed name calling, what are you 5 years old.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:

I really don't appreciate your back-handed name calling, what are you 5 years old.

When it is best for the Packers, that is when he will start using it. Just because WE are not seeing changes or moves does not mean nothing is happening. We reportedly signed three playesr in the last 72 hours. Kampman, SS from Seattle and Ahman Green. That is not a bad start to free agency in my eyes. I would love to see a fluster of players being signed too! Although over the years I've learned that's not always best for the team.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Buckeyepackfan said:

When it is best for the Packers, that is when he will start using it. Just because WE are not seeing changes or moves does not mean nothing is happening. We reportedly signed three playesr in the last 72 hours. Kampman, SS from Seattle and Ahman Green. That is not a bad start to free agency in my eyes. I would love to see a fluster of players being signed too! Although over the years I've learned that's not always best for the team.
I think Teddy is being very shrewd on the free agent situation.
He got us back on a solid footing cap wise and he is not going to blow it to jump into an overpriced market.
I think he is laying in the weeds waiting for some good market value.
He has seen that dumping alot of money on most players turns into bad deals (Freeman and Hunt come to mind).
I also think he is right in not tipping his hand so other teams know who he is interested in.
You can be assured he is being quietly active and is operating with a plan.
I believe he will come out of free agency with some good depth and will add to that in the draft.

I do believe he needs to make one big free agent signing and I hope he does.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very shrewd? Like I said....I will wait to judge,,,,but we were 4-12 last year. Based on moves made so far, why would we be any better next year. Hey TT knows a helluva lot more then we do but then again, so did Sherman. I'm not ready to throw TT under the bus yet but I'm also not ready to give him a ******** like some of you guys are.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Very shrewd? Like I said....I will wait to judge,,,,but we were 4-12 last year. Based on moves made so far, why would we be any better next year. Hey TT knows a helluva lot more then we do but then again, so did Sherman. I'm not ready to throw TT under the bus yet but I'm also not ready to give him a ******** like some of you guys are.

HEY! Sherman smarter than us!! cmon now that hurts lol...

Wait and see is the best thing to do. I agree with you there. I don't know how anyone could be giving TT a ******** since he hasn't really done anything except resign two players and bring in a Safety from the NFC Champions. I hope that Safety pans out to be three times the man Roman was.

No hand jobs, no throwing under the bus until (at the very least) the season has started.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
How long till everyone stops blaming Mike Sherman? I myself am tired of it.
TT has made moves and has opened up 30 million dollars, when is he going to start using it?????

never, hes never gonna use it. ever. :roll: show some patienece and let the GM be the GM. jesus christ.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Buckeyepackfan said:
How long till everyone stops blaming Mike Sherman? I myself am tired of it.
TT has made moves and has opened up 30 million dollars, when is he going to start using it?????

never, hes never gonna use it. ever. :roll: show some patienece and let the GM be the GM. jesus christ.

Let the man ask a question if he wants. Did he hurt your feelings?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, but the forum is being cluttered up with 'panic' threads about guys being signed, and GB not signing anyone, as if Free Agency is a 1 day thing. It is more stupid than a Pack66 argument.

If the season starts, and TT didnt sign anyone, and we shove 30 million up our butts, then yeah...open season, he'd more than deserve it...but any person who is capable of reasonable thought KNOWS....that money is going to be spent, and since we have NEEDS, our NEEDS will be met.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to see Longwell go, and I doubt that Thompson can find anyone as good as him. But let's see what happens.

One thing I'm sick of is hearing people harp on Longwell's short kickoffs. Guess what folks? It's a myth, or at least it was in 2005. Opponents' starting field position on Longwell's kickoffs was right around the league average. Unfortunately, nobody bothers to keep this all-important stat, so you have to look at the link below and subtract kick return average from the average length of the kickoff:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/O ... rt_col_1=3

I just wanted everyone to know this so that when Longwell is kicking off for the Vikings you're not all scratching your heads about why the Packers aren't getting better field position.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Longwell was one of my fav Packers. Sorry to see his time has come.

But I think it was the right move. The indoor-vikes are a good fit.

Outdoors anything 49+ was a real-real stretch.

Getting Vin would go a long way for this team, not only on the field, but in the overall football world. We need a nice signing.

MontanaBob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you got 'till it's gone."

"One second left on the clock and there's the snap, the hold is perfect and Longwell's kick is .......GOOD. Vikes win, Vikes win."

Could be deja Vu all over again. I hope I'm wrong and the Pack finds a kicker, but I'll be laughing my *** off if the above scene happens.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ehhh if Longwell didn't whine about holds and snaps I would probably feel a little angry right now. Though all he did was complain about snaps and holds. So him leaving doesn't bother me one bit. Vinetari would be nice but may come at to much of a price. Kicker right now is my last concern. LB, CB, and WR is what I'd like to see addressed.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, Longwell stated he wanted to stay in Green Bay. We happened to be at our son's house in St. Paul and saw Longwell on the news stating how happy he was to be able to kick inside instead of outside. I guess money talks. I am disappointed in Longwell and disappointed in TT because he didn't put the franchise tag on him. I agree with someone who in an earlier post said welcome to the 70's Packers. What in the He double toothpicks is wrong with TT?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
I am disappointed in Longwell and disappointed in TT because he didn't put the franchise tag on him. I agree with someone who in an earlier post said welcome to the 70's Packers. What in the He double toothpicks is wrong with TT?

I read earlier(like weeks ago) that putting the tag on longwell was a bad idea. I think it mighta been packersnews.com. Cuz I thought of that too.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now, I see where Henderson and Nall are talking with the vikings. What is the Pack going to be this year--a bunch of rookies. I wouldn't blame Favre if he didn't come back.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
carol k said:
Now, I see where Henderson and Nall are talking with the vikings. What is the Pack going to be this year--a bunch of rookies. I wouldn't blame Favre if he didn't come back.

of course not, dont blame brett for retiring blame that dangum TT! tis his fault and those nose kids too!! (take of the mask an reveal its al davis)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
better than the 2004 longwell or better than the 2005 longwell? Cuz Cheesey is better than the 2005 longwell.

the clutch longwell weve seen the last 5 years is gone, and it started last year.

thats how i see it anyway.

LOLOLOL!!! Even when i'm AWAY i get pulled into the thread!!! It's ok though, as it means i may have been gone, but NOT forgotton!
I was in Green Bay at McDonald's when i heard about Longwell. I hope in his first game against Green Bay, the Queens are behind 21-20 with 2 seconds left, and Longwell missing a chip shot 20 yard field goal.

Members online

Latest posts