Prospects You Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6794

No one's putting words into your mouth man. You've said that you don't believe either Adams or Biegel will have a huge impact this year or in the future. That's essentially saying that you've already evaluated them and determined that there's no way they can be impactful players. What we are saying is, it's too early to have even come close to a conclusion or even have a fair evaluation of these players.

I didn't mention anything about Biegel aside that the Packers should have selected Lawson at that point. I guess nobody would argue that to be true.

In my opinion it's a realistic approach not to expect a defensive lineman being drafted 93rd to develop into an elite player especially when having a ton of talented players ahead of him on the depth chart resulting in limited playing time.

That doesn't mean that I have made a final evaluation of Adams by any means and would be excited if he exceeds expectations.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It seems like draft day forces some terrible reading comprehension around here ;) In no way have I written off Adams as a lost cause.

Daniels being an elite player after being selected in the fourth round is an exception to the rule though.

Well let's be fair here with the reading comprehension thing, Captain. All I said was that the absolute best case scenario for Adams is that he flashes enough in limited opportunities to be considered a possible developmental heir apparent to Daniels at 3T, and then you asked me if "I really believe that he will develop into an elite defensive lineman??"

D

Deleted member 6794

All I said was that the absolute best case scenario for Adams is that he flashes enough in limited opportunities to be considered a possible developmental heir apparent to Daniels at 3T, and then you asked me if "I really believe that he will develop into an elite defensive lineman??"

It was just an honest question if you believe that Adams has the ability to adequately replace Daniels.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't mention anything about Biegel aside that the Packers should have selected Lawson at that point. I guess nobody would argue that to be true.

In my opinion it's a realistic approach not to expect a defensive lineman being drafted 93rd to develop into an elite player especially when having a ton of talented players ahead of him on the depth chart resulting in limited playing time.

That doesn't mean that I have made a final evaluation of Adams by any means and would be excited if he exceeds expectations.

I mean, but you did... Post #787

"Unfortunately I'm not convinced either of them will have a huge impact this season or further down the road."

Either way, I agree Lawson would have been a better pick, but the point still stands that we need to give them at least another season.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was just an honest question if you believe that Adams has the ability to adequately replace Daniels.
I think 'adequately replace' is a far different level of play than 'elite'.

Keep in mind that Cullen Jenkins was cut 2 or 3 times by the Packers and went to NFLE for a season. Took him 3 years before he became even good enough t ol make an NFL roster. 2 more to become very good.

Can Adam's do it? Absolutely. Will he? It's up to him. If he works very hard and puts off the good life, he can get there. Odds are against it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Either way, I agree Lawson would have been a better pick, but the point still stands that we need to give them at least another season.

I agree both Biegel and Adams should definitely be given more time before being fairly evaluated.

I think 'adequately replace' is a far different level of play than 'elite'.

A player has to perform at an elite level to adequately replace Daniels though.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Ability, yes. In terms of size, strength, and athleticism I believe he has the tools of a starting 3T. However, he has to develop those tools into an actual incorporated skill set and that’s never a certain proposition.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm ready to slap all of you across the head, you are all saying the same thing, just in different ways. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

OldSchoolPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about prospects we don’t love?
I think Fitzpatrick CB from Bama is overrated!! He got away w/ a lot of grabbing WRs in college! I’ll be pissed if he’s the pick! Not as down on this kid but does Josh Jackson have enough speed to translate into being a good NFL player? I’m 50/50 on him. Jaire Alexander CB from Louisville is small!! Plus he peaks to much in the backfield which led to him giving up some big plays. I just feel if the packers take a secondary player it’s the hard hitting S out of FSU, James. But if he’s gone & pack hold at 14 than it’s a pass rusher or WR. Go Pack Go!

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about prospects we don’t love?
I think Fitzpatrick CB from Bama is overrated!! He got away w/ a lot of grabbing WRs in college! I’ll be pissed if he’s the pick! Not as down on this kid but does Josh Jackson have enough speed to translate into being a good NFL player? I’m 50/50 on him. Jaire Alexander CB from Louisville is small!! Plus he peaks to much in the backfield which led to him giving up some big plays. I just feel if the packers take a secondary player it’s the hard hitting S out of FSU, James. But if he’s gone & pack hold at 14 than it’s a pass rusher or WR. Go Pack Go!

Jaire Alexander is the height everyone thought Ward was, but he's a little thicker. I actually think Alexander has too much athletic talent which leads him to peaking and baiting. That can be coached, but his recovery speed is great and he can easily be compared to Marcus Peter's play style. Sorry, I love the kid.

The corner I'm still struggling to see it with is Mike Hughes. It's mostly due to lack of tape, but the games I watched, he didn't really stand out to me. I think he's a reach at #14, but others could convince me otherwise. I don't like Evans and I don't like Key at all. I also think most of the tackle prospects would be a reach.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Trade up with the 49'ers, get R. Smith or Edmunds and call it a day. Packers front 7 is vastly upgraded in the offseason with one of them and Wilkerson. Work on the secondary in days 2-3.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade up with the 49'ers, get R. Smith or Edmunds and call it a day. Packers front 7 is vastly upgraded in the offseason with one of them and Wilkerson. Work on the secondary in days 2-3.

I mean if we're going to trade up, I'd much rather grab James or Ward. I love Roquan, but he could fall and I initially loved Edmunds and I still like him, but I think he's got a lot of bust potential. If we're going ILB, like I've said before, I'd rather stay put or trade back a few spots and grab LVE, then trade back into the first to grab Hughes, Oliver, Alexander, or whoever the next level of CB talent is. That too me would be a very successful day 1.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

If they invest the capital to move up, I want a pass rusher or a corner. Maybe they view Edmunds as a pass rush prospect. But for as much as I love Smith and Edmunds, I don’t want to invest multiple picks into an off ball linebacker.

OldSchoolPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m so down with that! Smith is my wish pick for the pack!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If they invest the capital to move up, I want a pass rusher or a corner. Maybe they view Edmunds as a pass rush prospect. But for as much as I love Smith and Edmunds, I don’t want to invest multiple picks into an off ball linebacker.
While I get that philosophy, let's say the Packers stay pat and get Landry with their #14 and a WR with the third round pick that they otherwise would have traded away. Are they improved?

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I get that philosophy, let's say the Packers stay pat and get Landry with their #14 and a WR with the third round pick that they otherwise would have traded away. Are they improved?

Yes, they are improved.

They are improved no matter what they do this week.

The real question is how much they've improved.

I'll say this: if they think they can realistically get a talent they think is elite, and it would cost them a 3rd round pick, then they better damn well do it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would be ok with Smith too. I have a feeling we're going to see ILB become more important in this defense than it was under Capers. With the DLine athletes we have, no way do you keep them eating blockers while below average and maybe a tick above average ILB roam behind them. They're going to let the Dline penetrate and make plays like they should be. They're going to put more stock into ILB than they have in the past. I really believe that.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yes, they are improved.

They are improved no matter what they do this week.

The real question is how much they've improved.

I'll say this: if they think they can realistically get a talent they think is elite, and it would cost them a 3rd round pick, then they better damn well do it.

Maybe I wasn't clear.

Which scenario ultimately improves the Packers the most:
  1. Trade up by using a 3rd round pick and get Edmunds or R. Smith
  2. Stay pat and pick Landry with the #14 pick and a WR with the 3rd rd. pick
Nothing is a sure thing. But I would take scenario #1. I think Edmunds or Smith come in and start year 1. I don't think you get that from Landry and/or a WR in the 3rd round. Not to mention that the possible bust potential is probably higher on Landry and a 3rd round WR. Also, we can always trade back into the 3rd round, by using all the picks we have.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

If Landry is what I think he is, then yes absolutely they are improved.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If Landry is what I think he is, then yes absolutely they are improved.

No matter who the Packers pick in the draft, they are "improved". Again, my question was, which scenario improves them MORE?

OldSchoolPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would be ok with Smith too. I have a feeling we're going to see ILB become more important in this defense than it was under Capers. With the DLine athletes we have, no way do you keep them eating blockers while below average and maybe a tick above average ILB roam behind them. They're going to let the Dline penetrate and make plays like they should be. They're going to put more stock into ILB than they have in the past. I really believe that.
Look what Zimmerman runs in minny w/ using two LBs in the double A gap formation. Smith would thrive in that! Look at clips of Smith shooting through the middle!! Oh well hope Smith goes to AFC team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts