Preseason Week 3 Packers VS Bengals

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OK, this game made it pretty easy to see which guys will be able to make the 53 and which won't. Don't be surprised if some guys you thought were shoe ins will be hitting the pavement.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I've been praying since last season as this has been a problem since last season. I think it will of improved but I'm still worried about that more than anything.

Yeah, the backups really really struggle even against the other team's scrubs. It's too late to bring in free agent o linemen, because they have arguably the most complex playbook on the team. It would be too hard to bring a new guy up to speed.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I hope they add some offensive linemen to the practice squad as other teams trim their rosters...

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
How is Jeff Saturday looking so far to you guys in preseason?

W

wxman2003

Defense played good. Benson played good. O/L and AR just average at best. CM3 was all over the field like a beast. Hawk, well, he played his typical game. No impact. Harrell did not look good. Of course, his receivers could not hang on, and the backup O/L is probably the worst I have seen in 20 years and they did not give him any time. The starting O/L has to improve. AR was being forced out of pocket too early. God forbid any of them go down and they have to plug the line with the JV's.

OP
OP
HyponGrey

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Also Driver is the one who slants across the middle a lot and knows he's gonna get hit hard. Whereas Jones is often streaking down the sideline. I think people expect the guy who is open on the sideline to catch the ball more than they do the guy who is gonna get popped.
Still seems more res-pect than ex-pect to me. I mean come on, it takes some guts to catch the ball when you're about to get planted, and you gotta be tough to keep hold

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to see the old TRAMON back!
AJ Green is a stallion, a true stud.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
The pro-Cincinnati announcers in the game drove me crazy though. But hey, it was their turf, so they were more comical than anything else.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My god Harrell is terrible! Better wrap AR in bubble wrap.... If we lose him we are toast

I don't think he is even 3rd string caliber. After NFL cuts start happening TT will be shopping. Even with what he has playing in front of him I cannot see him making improvement over any short period of time.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I was thinking Aaron better pray his O line stays healthy.

It gets scary to think we will be facing D lines like Frisco, Houston, and the G Men and expect to keep ARod from running for his life. Benson may have to really step up so we have the play action going.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Also Driver is the one who slants across the middle a lot and knows he's gonna get hit hard. Whereas Jones is often streaking down the sideline. I think people expect the guy who is open on the sideline to catch the ball more than they do the guy who is gonna get popped.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

That's a great point. Driver has taken a fair amount of beatings over the middle in his time.

Greenblood:

That stat junk is just that, junk. Just because the guy had a slightly off year and wasn't even targeted that much (due to the fact that we have so many good targets) means he now sucks and should move on? Doubtful. If that is the case, I guess Phillip rivers should move on from the QB of the chargers since he had an "off" year and tossed more picks than usual........even thou he was "statistically" better than a lot of other QB's...he should move on, right? LOL... If this was a two or three year trend, then yes, go away. You are TOTALLY missing what I am saying or reading into it to much. My main point is this: The timing of the drops from JJ has had a worse effect on the game(s) then those that driver has commited. If JJ was 1/2 as distingushed a pass catcher that driver is, then I wouldn't be talking. When have we ever even considered trading driver? Never that I have known of. But, JJ on the other hand has been trade talked in the past. Must mean the something. I know we will see DD in the hall of fame, can't say that much for JJ.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts