1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Peter King's take on all of this

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Andy, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I agree that from a personell standpoint it makes us the deeper better team. but from a leadership and locker room side, does it really make us better? from a scheme standpoint, does it make us better?

I would say that it complicates both things more than it helps. but you cannot argue that with both qb's we are a more dangerous team on paper.
  2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ha ha!!!! :D
    Got ya Trippster!!!! :lol:
    ALL of your humor is "off balance"!!!
    I have tried to figure out how to inject humor into all of this mess.....but everyone is SOOO teste, i was kind of afraid. I would have to be NUTS to try that. It would be kind of ballsy. :wink:
  3. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    True dat (your last statement).

Now, keep in mind this is just a rumor, but this link is saying that a lot of players will welcome Favre back:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/...lt=Aja9DBbHmpeiYpQ1vEiTsFKG2bYF?urn=nfl,92673

As for a scheme standpoint, hard to say.
  4. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    That article is not great. not a single quote or reference to back up its claims. and the whole thing was based on a rumor from PFT...... i mean im not buying it... although i do think its common sense that some Packers would love to have him back. BUT what current Packer in their right mind would say they didn't want Brett Favre back. they all know what he means to the fans of the area and crossing him would be a death sentence.

(which by the way is also a huge factor in the QB competition everyone is calling for. If you think anyone is getting a fair shot at Favre, your wrong)

Listen I love Brett Favre. but in the comments section of that article someone put this and it deserves repeating.

We all have no idea of what Rodgers is capable of in the playoffs, but we do have a great idea of what Favre is capable of. If he returns its a Super Bowl or bust situation... are we sure he can do it? judging on the past ten years.... maybe not. maybe the unknown is better than the known... maybe not.
  5. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but take another thing into consideration - we plain sucked in the Playoffs with Sherman as Coach, especially when he became GM and had no depth whatsoever. Those final years were painful to watch in the Playoffs.

Now, with MM as Coach, we were 1-1 and one FG away, in overtime no less, from the SB.
  6. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 0 / -0

thats a good point... but maybe that means that MM is more of a catalyst for what went right last year rather than Favre...
  7. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Credit goes all around. MM's system is excellent. He was making some really good offensive adjustments and Favre was spending every extra hour in the film room and it showed when he got onto the field and knew exactly what the D was going to throw at him.

I've been a Packer fan since '76 and I'm already sold on MM. He may be the best Coach we've had, and yes, that's including Holmgren. Don't be surprised if we end up with a ring or 2 under MM.

But to say MM gets more credit than Favre or vice versa is a tough call. Keep in mind, Favre before Grant just how good Favre was with the worst rushing O in the NFL. But then it was MM making the decisions too. Can we just give credit to both without saying one was more important than the other?
  8. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I mean, best Coach since Lombardi, but that was before I was born so I'm not counting Vince.
  9. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Who's to say Brett beats out Aaron this year in training camp? Yes, Aaron has played well in PRACTICE. Everyone is really raving about their non contact drills. Grow up. Thats no reason to start him over an MVP runner up from last year. The guy is on the cover of Madden. He is a first ballot HOFer. He's a fkn legend. Are you kidding me? Stop watching replays of old CAL games late at night. There were 2 quarterbacks better than Favre last year. Are you saying that after 59 passes A-Rod is a top 3 QB in the NFL? I thought not. Try again
  10. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    hey guys, Bretts not coming back. you're gonna have to trust me on this one.
  11. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That was good. Give us a curtain call please :)
  12. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    cURTAIN CALL PLS
  13. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I salute you sir
  14. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 0 / -0

i don't know why... but i got a feeling about this arrow guy. I trust you.