Packers' hidden treasure: Safety (ESPN)

TJE71

Cheesehead
Reaction score

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe THIS position is the biggest weakness we have left on our roster. The pass rush should be solved. I miss Collins so much~ :(

Who do you guys think wins the starting safety position opposite Morgan Burnett?

• -Peprah, who isn't healthy yet at the moment
  • -MD Jennings
  • -Anthony Levine
  • -Jerron McMillian, rookie

What happens when (if) Burnett gets hurt?
Is Woodson going to have to play more true safety?

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's the weakest spot on the whole roster. But we'll see. Maybe Burnett will become a star and someone can step up at the FS position.

Agreed. Nick Collins is sorely missed.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peprah isn't the permanent solution but he got us to the Super Bowl with Nick Collins at his side. I know that they are different positions, but if Burnett can take a big step in his third year then I think that Peprah will again be steady. He's the type of player that depends on better players to make him look good - which is why I stated that he's not the permanent solution but good enough opposite another great player.

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nfl.com reported that woodson lined up at saftey while they were using their base defense

Reaction score
I believe THIS position is the biggest weakness we have left on our roster. The pass rush should be solved. I miss Collins so much~ :(

Who do you guys think wins the starting safety position opposite Morgan Burnett?

• -Peprah, who isn't healthy yet at the moment
  • -MD Jennings
  • -Anthony Levine
  • -Jerron McMillian, rookie

What happens when (if) Burnett gets hurt?
Is Woodson going to have to play more true safety?
I miss Collins too ;(

And I believe Jerron McMillian gets the job, starting at SS as a rookie like Morgan Burnett did a mere 2 years ago.

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved Nick Collins for so much more than football. I watched his recovery videos and his faith in God was just amazing and refreshing. I loved letting my 3yo watch him.
Also I hope this season marks Woodson's first at safety. He would be great. He is a liability at CB I believe. Just due to age.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved Nick Collins for so much more than football. I watched his recovery videos and his faith in God was just amazing and refreshing.
Yeah, he, Jennings, Tramon, and Mike Neal are great about that. So was Brandon Jackson and is Randall Cobb.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Burnett and Woodson apparently will be starting in the base. MD Jennings is next in line and they like Anthony Levine enough to have brought him back this season. They also have UDFAs Sean Richardson and Micah Pellerin. Richardson was talked about after the draft because of his size: 6-2, 216. While the youngsters have a lot to prove, the cupboard isn't bare at safety. Also, my guess is Thompson has a list of names currently on other teams' rosters that can be acquired relatively cheaply who he and the staff like better than Peprah.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Burnett and Woodson apparently will be starting in the base. MD Jennings is next in line and they like Anthony Levine enough to have brought him back this season. They also have UDFAs Sean Richardson and Micah Pellerin. Richardson was talked about after the draft because of his size: 6-2, 216. While the youngsters have a lot to prove, the cupboard isn't bare at safety. Also, my guess is Thompson has a list of names currently on other teams' rosters that can be acquired relatively cheaply who he and the staff like better than Peprah.
Yep, they must know something. I was kinda looking forward to what Richardson was going to bring and isn't it possible House is a thought? I kinda thought about that when they drafted him. He certainly has the size and speed.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a good idea for woodson to play nickel-back because it is a tough position. We could have him blitz on some plays and play zone on others. Playing zone in nickel-back takes a lot of awareness which veteran woodson has a lot of. It's tough to be in the middle of the slot and outside recievers crossing routes and maintaining your zone.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just put Rodgers at safety, I'm sure he'd do a fine job.

In all seriousness I hope it doesn't go to Peprah unless he has dramatically improved, watching the safety position last year was sole destroying.

I'd like to probably start with Peprah though as he has most experience out of everybody but maybe split the snaps 60-40 with M.D Jennings and see how he does on the field.

Headrush

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just put Rodgers at safety, I'm sure he'd do a fine job.

In all seriousness I hope it doesn't go to Peprah unless he has dramatically improved, watching the safety position last year was sole destroying.

I'd like to probably start with Peprah though as he has most experience out of everybody but maybe split the snaps 60-40 with M.D Jennings and see how he does on the field.

Pep got cut the day before camp began. Its up to the young guns to sort out the starting Safety spot opposite Burnett starting TODAY when they put the pads on. Wood is starting at safety in the base 3-4 D according to MM and thats "Nothing really different than what he's done in the past"

GITCHA POPCORN READY!

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pep got cut the day before camp began. Its up to the young guns to sort out the starting Safety spot opposite Burnett starting TODAY when they put the pads on. Wood is starting at safety in the base 3-4 D according to MM and thats "Nothing really different than what he's done in the past"

GITCHA POPCORN READY!

**** I had no idea! how the hell did I not read that??