Packer vrs Giants predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
31-17 Green Bay. The Giants take a surprising early 10-0 lead, but Rodgers puts on his beast-mode goggles and gets to work looking at a field with no Giants defenders in sight. We rally back to tie the game, and Woodson gets a game-changing Pick-six in the third quarter to pull ahead. At that point the Giants panic, lose momentum, and Green Bay wins convincingly.

12theTruth

I'm sure I'll be throttled for this but I say

Giants 27 Pack 17 Not nearly as many points as many are suggesting.

Although I also did predict Tebow to defeat the Pariots earlier this season :eek:

The Packers offense led by Aaron has had to carry this team for almost every game this season. If our D doesn't seriously improve their propensity for giving up big yardage plays then we are in big trouble. The Giants are a different team than the one we faced in East Rutherford with enough experience to know how to handle the environment.

Once again this falls on our D as Mr Rodgers I don't think will have enough to get by the Giants fierce front four. Also the last VERY cold game at home (Bears to make the playoffs in 2010) our offense struggled mightly in the elements. It was our defense that won us that game.

Reaction score
27-20, Pack. I really think Lambeau Field and our crowd is going to play a huge factor in this game. I think Aaron has studied the Giants D for nearly 2 weeks and that's not good for New York...I don't care how good their front 4 is. (McCarthy admitted they had studied the Giants more than the Lions/Falcons). I think either Woodson, Matthews or Williams are gonna come up with a huge INT or fumble recovery and return it back for a TD. I think the media is overestimating the Giants front 4 while underestimating Aaron Rodgers and how much trouble he causes for defenses.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure I'll be throttled for this but I say

Giants 27 Pack 17 Not nearly as many points as many are suggesting.

Although I also did predict Tebow to defeat the Pariots earlier this season :eek:

The Packers offense led by Aaron has had to carry this team for almost every game this season. If our D doesn't seriously improve their propensity for giving up big yardage plays then we are in big trouble. The Giants are a different team than the one we faced in East Rutherford with enough experience to know how to handle the environment.

Once again this falls on our D as Mr Rodgers I don't think will have enough to get by the Giants fierce front four. Also the last VERY cold game at home (Bears to make the playoffs in 2010) our offense struggled mightly in the elements. It was our defense that won us that game.
I respect you for the belief that our bad defense could cost us the game, and that their great front 4 on defense could factor in that.

I do hope you are way wrong though and I hope we win easily, by 8 points.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peter King's Prediction:

There's something about the Giants that the Packers can't quite shoo away. It's called a pass rush. New York can get pressure on Aaron Rodgers rushing four men, which leaves seven back to clog passing lanes and makes life a little more difficult for Rodgers to find open receivers. The Packers, though, have a great deep-ball thrower, and with Aaron Ross and Corey Webster having shown themselves to be susceptible to the deep throw -- and with Greg Jennings due back from his late-season knee sprain -- I like the heavy-hearted Packers. They'll be playing to win, too, for offensive coordinator Joe Philbin after the drowning death of his son.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Packers 24

Giants 23

Damon Hack from Sports Illustrated (I hope he is EXACTLY right on the numbers):
The Pick

The Packers were a No. 6 seed a year ago. They sprinted through the playoffs with a devil-may-care attitude. As a top seed chasing back-to-back titles, this could be a heavier lift, if only because everybody expects them to win. Playoff runs are fraught with peril, especially for a defending Super Bowl champion. (Only the New England Patriots went back to back in the 2000s). How will the Packers fare with a target squarely on their back? The guess here is just fine, with Greg Jennings back in the fold.
Packers 31, Giants 23

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/damon_hack/01/12/giants.packers.preview/index.html#ixzz1jL6VFasf

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/01/12/divisional.round/index.html#ixzz1jL5dq3Pz

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack 28 giants 17 I think it stays close and pack pull away in the 3rd

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No lack of respect from Sports Illustrated's guys above, or the NFL Network team.
7 of 8 have us winning;

NFL.com and NFL Network analysts weigh in with their predictions for an enticing divisional round.
DIVISIONAL ROUND PREDICTIONS

Jason La Canfora

Steve Wyche

Albert Breer

Elliot Harrison

Bucky Brooks

Pat Kirwan

Michael Lombardi

Adam Rank

Saints at 49ers
Saints
49ers
Saints
Saints
Saints
Saints
49ers
49ers

Broncos at Patriots
Broncos
Patriots
Patriots
Patriots
Patriots
Patriots
Patriots
Patriots

Texans at Ravens
Ravens
Ravens
Ravens
Ravens
Ravens
Ravens
Ravens
Ravens

Giants at Packers
Packers
Packers
Packers
Packers
Packers
Packers
Packers
Giants

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am worried tons...

As long as Rodgers isnt harassed to much we should score 30+

We have our defense issues, and hasnt been corrected all year...But, it is time...It is time...

We allow some big plays, some scores, but in the end

Packers 31 - Giants 24

Ruttiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
27-24 Giants with amazement everywhere that the total points are under 60

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
31-27 in favor of the Packers. I think the Defense will do what it's done all year. But I don't think Eli will be able to out duel Aaron.

Gmcman22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers tosses 4 tds, one by Grant, 1 by the D and we win 45-27

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Why pick a close game when I can do a fantasy score. 51-31. Packers win in a game that isn't even this close. 14-10 1st quarter before Packers score 28 in 2nd to lead 42-17 at the half. One TD by D/ST, one short field from turnover, two longer drives with one in last minute. Coast through the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts