Pack vs Bears on opening night?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year the Vikings played the Saints in the season opener (NFC Championship Game teams from 2009) so it would make sense.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figured that would be it. PIT won't play GB or NYJ next season, so a CHI @ GB opener is more than likely.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
It would be nice to beat them on a national platform yet again, and if we play them because they were the NFCC opponent I get that, but it still feels a little bit like that jealous little kid brother who constantly tags along and takes away a little bit of the luster. Let them win their own SB if they want to play the opening game.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope that is the game. Nothing could supercharged their season more than an opening nite big conference win against the Bears.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
...it still feels a little bit like that jealous little kid brother who constantly tags along and takes away a little bit of the luster. Let them win their own SB if they want to play the opening game.

Or like that nagging dandylion that just won't go away. No how many times you pull it out, step on it or spray it, it just keeps coming back.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been saying it should be Pack vs. Bears for a while now. It makes more sense than Pack vs,. Saints, which will likely wind up being a SNF or MNF game. It's a re-match of the NFC Championship game and the oldest rivalry in the game. Kind of a no-brainer.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not surprised. Who amongst us Packers fans wouldn't want to see a rematch of the NFC Championship game when our Pack walked out of Soldier Field carrying the Halas trophy? That victory was a prelude to the Superbowl. I bet the Bears fans, for all their bite, are secretly dreading this game, memories of that fateful night, so vivid in their head. I bet every time they close their eyes they see the Packers with the Halas trophy, in their house.

I'm very much looking forward to this game. Bring us the Bears. Bring us what is left of Cutler so our D can finish the job.

:chisux:

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I'm not surprised. Who amongst us Packers fans wouldn't want to see a rematch of the NFC Championship game when our Pack walked out of Soldier Field carrying the Halas trophy? That victory was a prelude to the Superbowl. I bet the Bears fans, for all their bite, are secretly dreading this game, memories of that fateful night, so vivid in their head. I bet every time they close their eyes they see the Packers with the Halas trophy, in their house.

I'm very much looking forward to this game. Bring us the Bears. Bring us what is left of Cutler so our D can finish the job.

:chisux:

I predict that Cutler will call in sick. :chisux:

L

Lunchboxer

I would rather have a Bears and Packers game than the Pack and saints.

Bears@Packers seems like a really good game to start off the season.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Makes sense. The Packers look forward to facing the Bears every week, and so do the fans. Besides that fact, facing the Saints in the first week of the season in Lambeau Field is a bad idea. Pretty much any football team won't have to worry about weather problems in Lambeau Field in September. Let the Pack face the Saints much later in the season, trying to survive in the bitter cold & snow that the Packers thrive on and domed team from the South can't handle.

Also, a Packers win over the Bears is always a good thing. Best to break their spirit early in the season, like we did back in 2009 with Cutler's debut.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice match. It'll be a good early test against top 5 Defense to get back to form and for our own top 5 Defense to hit some people.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
...facing the Saints in the first week of the season in Lambeau Field is a bad idea. Pretty much any football team won't have to worry about weather problems in Lambeau Field in September....

Doesn't that mean the Bears will be able to unleash all of their offensive weaponry at us in September as well? Oh yeah, that's right, the Bears are totally devoid of offensive weaponry!:chisux: