Official Game Day Thread: 49ers @ Packers 12/5: WIN 34 - 16

Tahoegirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably Woodson will be on Davis and Tramon Williams on Crabtree.

And Tramon Williams is a better cover corner than Charles Woodson...

Tramon Williams 40 yard dash 4.57
Vernon Davis 40 yard dash 4.38

Tramon Williams Vertical jump 37 1/2

Vernon Davis Vertical Jump 42

Charles Woodson 40 time 4.44 he is 33 expect his speed a little higher now.

Cashtree 40 time 4.5 some say it was more a 4.3 back in high school with his injury during the combine he did not run the 40.

Charles Woodson Vertical jump 36 1/2

Cashtree Vertical jump 34

I can for sure see woodson able to keep cashtree in check not a real fan of his. However, Williams is going to have a hard time covering VD which I can see them double covering him which will leave some great play makers open for Smith, if Smith can make his reads quick might cause some problems for the packers.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon Williams 40 yard dash 4.57
Vernon Davis 40 yard dash 4.38

Tramon Williams Vertical jump 37 1/2

Vernon Davis Vertical Jump 42

Charles Woodson 40 time 4.44 he is 33 expect his speed a little higher now.

Cashtree 40 time 4.5 some say it was more a 4.3 back in high school with his injury during the combine he did not run the 40.

Charles Woodson Vertical jump 36 1/2

Cashtree Vertical jump 34

I can for sure see woodson able to keep cashtree in check not a real fan of his. However, Williams is going to have a hard time covering VD which I can see them double covering him which will leave some great play makers open for Smith, if Smith can make his reads quick might cause some problems for the packers.
First of all.
Tramon Williams will cover CRABTREE, not Davis. Woodson covered Davis the first half of last season's game. You do remmeber how that went, don't you????

And second of all.
Williams: 4.57
DeSean Jackson: 4.29
DeSean Jackson while being covered by Tramon Williams: 4 catches for 30 yards.

Devin Hester: 4.27
Devin Hester while being covered by Tramon Williams: 1 catch for 16 yards.

All while on an island with them.
So... Yeah...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may miss the game today! :( It's not on TV here anyway but I won't be able to come online. My peeps want to go see the Christmas Village today, I told them it's Sunday! FOOTBALL!!! PACKERS!!! But they'd be sad if I don't come so I'm looking forward to a good highlight reel from the Pack!!! Gonna stomp em!!! Gonna be checking my phone for score updates constantly, you can take me out of football but you can't take the football out of me!!! Thank God for text updates!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the commentators on Fox Gameday (Philly) actually had a good idea for the helmet to helmet hits. Fines aren't gonna be effective if the players just have the $$ to pay them. This guy said to adopt the "penalty box" from the NHL and make the offending player sit on the sidelines for 2 minutes. This would force your team to play shorthanded and could cost them a score. The reason it would work is because it would tick off the other players and they'd be letting down their team. The thing that made me mad is he showed Clay's Kolb sack in his highlight footage. Let the record state, that was NOT a helmet to helmet hit and therefore does not belong in that category! Clay did not thunk Kolb on the head, the ground did!!! Even some Eagles fans have gone as far as admit that was a clean/ legit sack! One of the things I hate the most about the Philly broadcasts is it's biased as hell!!! If one of the Eagles had gotten a hold of Rodgers, they wouldn't of shown that footage!

Anymeow, sorry for the mini rant, I think the penalty box is a good idea. Especially if it is a big player that the team really can't afford to lose for 2 minutes. 5 minute major penalties could be used too. For the love of hockey!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have seen the throwback uniforms. Blue jerseys and Brown helmets. I don't know whether to watch the game or listen to it on the radio.

L

Lunchboxer

Going to be a good day today.

Lets hope the Pack blow out the 49ers.

And Lets hope the Bears Lose today. ( Who does the bears play.)

L

Lunchboxer

Pizza Hut

Fox showed the Amazing catch by Freeman against the vikings on Monday Night.

That was a something else. I remember that game.

bozo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody know of a live internet feed of the game...can't get a TV signal today

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I spend my winters in Phoenix. Thought for sure we would get the Packer-9ers game. But no, it's Detroit=Bears.

Will spend my time at NFL.com

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
does anyone have link to a feed, or to newsradio 620- relying on only nfl.com as many are it seems.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm getting Redskins/ Giants! :( No Packers! If anybody could post some brief updates, it would be appreciated! I can't use a feed and can't get into the chat, my Mac has all old software and it it not letting me update!

Favre got taken out of the game if anyone saw!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Special teams again. 35 yard punt plus a penalty, 9ers first down on packer 40 yard line

Latest posts