Now Brett is a hero again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look up all my posts.. I said I'd support Brett in whatever decision he made. I've also giving the benefit of doubt to my GM.. Who figured.. hmm..

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Yeah the point was calling out the people that were critical of how Favre handled it. The point is that it is understandable for people to be critical of how he handled it and doing so doesn't make you a Favre basher. You can criticize something that somebody does without bashing them or hating on them.

Rat... are you saying nobody bashed him? The guilty know who they are. Just read these responses and you can tell. Just go to confession say 10 Our Fathers and 10 Hail Marys and maybe people will forgive you for comments like "Brett is holding the Packers hostage", "Brett thinks he is above the team","Screw him. I question whether he has the mental capacity to play anymore".

So far I've restrained myself from going back and pulling posts (mostly because I'm lazy and already know who they are). Don't make me do it!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying absolutely nobody bashed him, but much of what has been called bashing on these forums really hasn't been bashing. The only reason anybody questioned whether he has the mental capacity to play anymore was because Brett Favre questioned that himself in that interview on ESPN. I know I've been called a Brett basher a couple of times on here for not liking a couple of things that he has done, and that is simply not true.

packerfanfourever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.465151+-
I am a Green Bay Packer fan first than a Brett Favre fan as most of the fans on this site are. I love Brett as a player, I love my wife and my family but I am not always happy with what my family does and I will let them know it whether its right or wrong. I guess my point is we all can have a opinion on somebody, but that doesn't mean we don't like that person or are bashing that person. And as far as I know everybody makes mistakes, even Brett can make mistakes after all he is human isn't he?

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stand by every rip I ever made on Brett Favre...

... I will even do the research for you to find every single one of them. Let's see...

(sound of final Jeopardy music playing in the backgrown) de, de, de, de,
de,de,de ...

Here they are listed in their entirety for the whole World to see:

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce...you're clean but I started to go back and check to call out individuals. It will make you sick.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Man it's amazing how all the Brett bashers(I will stay away from haters because it seems to pi$$ people off...and you know me I don't like to pi$$ people off) are suddenly "thrilled" that Brett is coming back. You should be ashamed of yourselves for the way you acted and treated him the last few months. Because I don't want to be considered negative by some people here I will focus on those that stood by his side and NEVER blasted him about his decision process this offseason. I'm talking about 4packgirl, P@ck66, carolk and a bunch of others. Cheers to all who stood steadfast and gave the man his space to work things out with his family. As to the rest of you........oops gotta stay positive!

Now's your time, speak up. Who stuck by his side?

I have said for quite some time Brett was not retiring. I have stuck by his 'side' through most everything save his McNair comments.

Again, I say. I TOLD YOU SO! ;)

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
DePack said:
Man it's amazing how all the Brett bashers(I will stay away from haters because it seems to pi$$ people off...and you know me I don't like to pi$$ people off) are suddenly "thrilled" that Brett is coming back. You should be ashamed of yourselves for the way you acted and treated him the last few months. Because I don't want to be considered negative by some people here I will focus on those that stood by his side and NEVER blasted him about his decision process this offseason. I'm talking about 4packgirl, P@ck66, carolk and a bunch of others. Cheers to all who stood steadfast and gave the man his space to work things out with his family. As to the rest of you........oops gotta stay positive!

Now's your time, speak up. Who stuck by his side?

I have said for quite some time Brett was not retiring. I have stuck by his 'side' through most everything save his McNair comments.

Again, I say. I TOLD YOU SO! ;)

Not so fast zero. You didn't tell us so....

Your pizza delivery boy told us so!

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
lmao nice one DePack ;)

I hate it when people try to take credit from the work of others. Of course if you ordered the pizza we can give you a "slice" of the credit :oops:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero2Cool said:
lmao nice one DePack ;)

I hate it when people try to take credit from the work of others. Of course if you ordered the pizza we can give you a "slice" of the credit :oops:

lol ... nah he only told me the story and I re iterated it back to you all here.

so you could say with my sources I did tell you all!!... SO! :p

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Bruce...you're clean but I started to go back and check to call out individuals. It will make you sick.

Hey DePack, I am clean too my friend :wink:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack is right on. There were posters on this board that needed to be called out. Now, they are back to thier little Brett Loving Bonanza but were the first to twist everything BF did into a "he's hurting this team" crap, when he was undecided.

I get tired of the people that use the "criticizing=bashing" complaint. I think several of us were not so angry at the fact that you were criticizing Brett, but that you were doing so unfairly and with no facts, thus turning it into a BASH BRETT FEST.

I tried to argue the the facts with people but when the heat got turned up, they ran off and posted the "Brett is hurting this team" garbage somewhere else.

TT gave Brett the time to decide, the team never came out and said hurry up, and yet, certain posters were hellbent on making a story where one clearly was not.

The Brett holding this team back from signing FA's was ridiculous as well. Arrington apparently spoke to Brett and may have been offered more money by GB and he still decided to go elsewhere. It's clear we were just used as a bargaining tool to get what he wanted from a team he wanted to play for.

Brett never left, has anyone heard if Jake Plummer is coming back?

I knew this is what would happen. All these posters that were UNFAIRLY FABRICATING ways that Brett was hurting this team would all the sudden go back to thier "I LOVE BRETT" garbage. I am glad Brett is back but I am pissed he had to listen to fans and the media question his motives.

I don't care, you impatient fans and media driven puppets should hold your head down in shame instead of standing up in cheering everytime Brett throws a TD, because it was you people that were the problem, not Brett and not TT.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
DePack said:

No question about that. You fall into the same category as P@ck66 and myself. The **** category when it comes to Brett :wink:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
WinnipegPackFan said:
DePack said:

No question about that. You fall into the same category as P@ck66 and myself. The **** category when it comes to Brett :wink:
:lol:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

You're obviously referring to me...and for pete's sake, get over it DePack...it's not like I'm storing child **** on my computer or selling crack to children..."it will make you sick"?!?!? c'mon...we're talking about football here, settle down. I was critical of Brett Favre...oh no...may God have mercy on my soul!

Brett is the best qb the Packers have ever had...but as others have said, he is human, he makes mistakes...and some of us happened to comment on that. ...yet again, heaven forbid!

I'm glad he's back, he's the best we have at qb, but I really didn't care for how this offseason transpired...he himself questioned his desire to play! He himself alluded to the fact that the Packers needed to have a contending team for him to return. People like me just commented on those statements WHICH BRETT MADE!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
DePack said:

You're obviously referring to me...and for pete's sake, get over it DePack...it's not like I'm storing child **** on my computer or selling crack to children..."it will make you sick"?!?!? c'mon...we're talking about football here, settle down. I was critical of Brett Favre...oh no...may God have mercy on my soul!

Brett is the best qb the Packers have ever had...but as others have said, he is human, he makes mistakes...and some of us happened to comment on that. ...yet again, heaven forbid!

I'm glad he's back, he's the best we have at qb, but I really didn't care for how this offseason transpired...he himself questioned his desire to play! He himself alluded to the fact that the Packers needed to have a contending team for him to return. People like me just commented on those statements WHICH BRETT MADE!!!!!!!!!!

musccy.....WTF...I've never had a problem with you or anyone that gave their opinion. There are a couple people...I have named both on other threads that spewed venom at Favre. This isn't a case of "I think Brett was out of line with his comments". This was about questioning "what he ever did for Green Bay" and "wishing he would retire". I don't agree with your point of view but wasn't specifically talking about you.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Go easy on him Depack...

He must feel "guilty" or something...to single himself out like this!

(a guilt complex...perhaps musscy..?)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry DePack...I just figured those comments were directed towards me, but since they're not, then I apologize....my mistake.

And [email protected] up. I have no guilt complex...I just get a little irked when people like you blow up at me and call me some "hate mongering ingrate who wants to see Brett dead" just because I didn't bow down and pray in the direction of Brett's house this morning.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I never said that ****..Musscy..!!

(From where you're at..you just have to face West....turn a little to the South...and bow...It's not that hard! You can do it....)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
balogana [email protected]'ve been referred to as a Favre hater and an ingrate multiple times by you

And actually, I need to face a little less to the west than you since I'm in Central VA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts