New trade rumor from Denver

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and he is the most talented WR on the field, but if he remains as pissy as he has been this offseason, he'll be a "terrible cancer"... his words, not mine

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He doesn't have to report to the team until week 10. As long as he reports by week 10 he will be able to be a free agent. So at most he could play for 6 games but like everyone is saying if he does that he won't play. It won't be breaking the rules of the CBA to not play him. It would be breaking the rules to lock him out of everything. I wouldn't think they would even need to give him reps in practice. They would just have to let him come to practice and use the training facilities. Trading him for a player relatively close to his caliber that would play 16 games would be a good thing.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Trading him for a player relatively close to his caliber that would play 16 games would be a good thing.

The caliber of player in return is the difficult part and depends on what you feel his caliber is.

bozz_2006
"terrible cancer" <-- When did Javon Walker say this?

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't really see Green Bay getting anything better for Walker. It is better than trading for a draft pick because Lelie has shown that he is talented enough to play in the NFL and draft picks require a good amount of luck. I don't think he is as good as Walker, but I think that he is good enough to improve the team that likely wouldn't have Walker anyway.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all Ashlie Lelie suffers from TNS. He is aftraid to go over the middle and would not be a good fit in GB. Secondly, the 15th and 22nd picks are not enough for the number 5.

The trade I found on another board would send Walker to Buffalo for CB Clements who is in a contract dispute of his own. Buffalo unloaded Moulds and have an open spot. Walker already knows Nall's tendancies. I think Uncle Ted has higher value allocated to Walker than the rest of the league, and moving Javon is going to be tricky.

Trade Rumors are fun to discuss, but in reality, I don't see us moving down more than a couple spots. There is a huge difference between the players in the 5 to 7 range as opposed to those between 15 and 22.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just want to get walker out of the picture... and it kills me to think that. he is a great player. (i took him in the second round of my fantasy draft last year). but he could ruin things if we keep him. it's just one of those "why would you do this to me?!?!" situations.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our #5 pick and their #15 and #22 have roughly equal values. So essentially we'd be trading Walker straight up for Ashley Lelie. No thanks. I think we can do better than that.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't really think we can do better than that. lelie has underachieved, thusfar. maybe a change of venue is just what he needs.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i don't really think we can do better than that. lelie has underachieved, thusfar. maybe a change of venue is just what he needs.

I liked Lelie coming out of college. But considering the production vs. potential of both I think that's a raw deal for us, that's all.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All Lelie does well is run fast in a straight line and drop catchable balls. He is as soft as a Queenie fan prancing in purple and braids.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
true, his production hasn't been there yet, but considering javon's attitude and actions, i think we'd be lucky to get lelie for him. walker's stock has plummeted in GB, and considering his injury and pissy attitude, he has lost alot of his trade value too.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we trade 5 fpr 15 & 22, with Walker, I would demand one of their OLB as compensation in a trade. I think Ian Gold or D.J. Williams would look mighty fine next to Barnett. If they can add Woodson or Plummer in freee agency, I would be pretty comfortable with our D.

Then with those two picks, take Chad Jackson and Deangelo Williams and the best interior OL that fits our scheme with number 2.

Without one of those Linebackers, Denver can **** up a rope as far as I'm concerned.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been thinking more about Lelie, and I'm less sure that he would be a good fit. Thompson and McCarthy are looking for big receivers, and Lelie is tall and thin. As DakotaT said, he is not the kind of receiver who will go over the middle a lot and take the punishment. Also, if Favre leaves and Rodgers takes over, I'm not sure that Lelie's deep threat ability will be utilized enough. But I'm so sick of Javon that I will be happy when Thompson gets rid of him, even if it's not a great exchange in terms of value.

scharles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a link that shows trade value, and personally I think if we get a healthy reciever with upside like Lelie for Javon, there would be no complaints here. I also liked the point DakotaT made about getting Clements for Javon. I'd just like to get something for JWalk, he's gone after this season anyways.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT doesn't end up making any real waves in FA I would expect he would hold the #5 pick and get big time player there.

If, ultimately he signs guys like Woodson and another one or two decent FA's he may opt to go for more draft picks.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Jags on the radio and he stated that the offense is going to be quite simular to Denver's offense. That point taken, if Lelie is trade bait because they don't believe he fits in the offense, then why would he work for us...If the Buffalo rumor is true, then why would TT go after Woodson....unless someone offers something that knocks TT's socks off, I don't see Walker moving until this summer....Maybe during the draft, if someone drops on the board, that TT is high on.....

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tabojc03 said:
I heard Jags on the radio and he stated that the offense is going to be quite simular to Denver's offense.

Thats very interesting. Their offense was pretty solid, and not very bland and predictable.

good info. I wish I got wisconsin radio!

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So basically we would be getting Lelie for Walker straight up, since #5 and #15/#22 are a wash due to their equal value.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Robin Yount said:
So basically we would be getting Lelie for Walker straight up, since #5 and #15/#22 are a wash due to their equal value.

Well. Not to be nittitypicky on ya. But..
#5 - 1700

#15 - 1050
#22 - 780

We'd be gaining 130 points for whatever that's worth.

It was said that Jags mentioned our offense is going to be similar to Denvers. Well, that's great and all but if Lelie (its been reported) doesn't fit into the Denver offense, why would he fit into ours?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Robin Yount said:

Well. Not to be nittitypicky on ya. But..
#5 - 1700

#15 - 1050
#22 - 780

We'd be gaining 130 points for whatever that's worth.

Whoever made up this value chart should be shot

Top five, potential franchise player on either side of the ball--or the second half of the first round, you're taking risks on somebody being a bust

Say we'd have #15 and #22--Chad Greenway and Tamba Hali are my preliminary guesses for who we'd take. Greenway is dropping from a possible top ten pick to possibly to the end of the first round, the scouts have a lot of questions about his overall ability--Hali is a great player at the college level but i dont think he'll hack it at the pro level, he'll be no more than an adequate starter, he's 6'3 265, will get eaten up by the 330 lb. OT's that he didnt have to face in the NFL, no i dont like it--what i'm getting at is if we drop picks, the bust likelihood increases

What we should do is try and get Walker for Lelie somehow, or also we could deal Walker for some other day one picks and end up with a legit (big) WR prospect like Stovall or Miami OH's Martin Nance

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like that. With the number 15 we could take Bobby Carpenter and with the 21 we could take chad greenway

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts