OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
wils0646 said:
Yea...guys...I think TT is right when he states he won't sign just anyone for Brett. No player is bigger than the team. Not even Brett. Cmon, he's doing what's best for the GB Packers as a whole and for the future.

Spoken like someone who has some intelligence. Good post!

I think Moss helps us NOW and COULD help us in the future. I am not a huge fan of how non chalant Ted appears to play Free Agency, but I'm glad I can trust our GM not to bury the Packers by making a bonehead trade or pickup that will hurt the team for years. (See Hershel Walker, Ricky Williams, etc)
This kind of crap just burns me! (I mean starting this hate fest for TT for stating what he did) The 2 posts I quoted here showed some REAL THOUGHT! Ted Thompson is the GM OF THE PACKERS! His statement, for all to see, is that he will NOT be held hostage by ANY player on the team. He should be RESPECTED for that! NOT villified! He's supposed to be the leader! HE makes the decisions, and will live or die because of them.
What he is saying is NOT that he won't address those needs on the team, just that he WON'T just cave in to what everyone on the outside thinks he should do.
I don't think Favre would do it, but future players might see it as a weakness and start making demands if TT just caves to the whims of players.
I think Thompson will do whats best for the team AND Favre. We do NOT know what has been said between Favre and TT and MM behind closed doors. But i DON'T believe Favre would be coming back if he didn't feel as i do, that TT will take care of business.
Had Favre retired, the TT haters would be saying "SEE???SEE??? Favre left cause TT told him he's not going to make the team better!"
Now that Favre is coming back, that angle has been shot down. So i guess they HAVE to try to grab onto SOMETHING to keep their TT hating alive.

I must be missing your point, cheesey because you sound like a real jerk in that post. Neither myself nor wils0646 are saying we hate Ted and in fact our comments support his stance.

:wtf:
I didn't say anything about hating Ted. I said he's doing whats best for the Packers, essentially what YOU are saying. Yet if I say it, it burns you?

If Ted feels Moss will help the Packers, he's gonna go after him. Like I said in above post. He won't sell the farm for him, instead he will do what's fair for the Packers.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you Allabout!

And YES! I can forgive Moss. I haven't seen him play since he left for the Raiders, so i really don't know if he's lost anything physically or not. He hasn't had a great QB out there, or leadership that i think would benefit him if he did come here.
Jerry Rice was good in his late years, and Moss isn't that old yet. I think he would fit in here.
Can you imagine Moss, and Driver for Favre to toss to? And if Jennings does what i think he can, man.........that would be exciting!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Zero2Cool said:
wils0646 said:
Yea...guys...I think TT is right when he states he won't sign just anyone for Brett. No player is bigger than the team. Not even Brett. Cmon, he's doing what's best for the GB Packers as a whole and for the future.

Spoken like someone who has some intelligence. Good post!

I think Moss helps us NOW and COULD help us in the future. I am not a huge fan of how non chalant Ted appears to play Free Agency, but I'm glad I can trust our GM not to bury the Packers by making a bonehead trade or pickup that will hurt the team for years. (See Hershel Walker, Ricky Williams, etc)
This kind of crap just burns me! (I mean starting this hate fest for TT for stating what he did) The 2 posts I quoted here showed some REAL THOUGHT! Ted Thompson is the GM OF THE PACKERS! His statement, for all to see, is that he will NOT be held hostage by ANY player on the team. He should be RESPECTED for that! NOT villified! He's supposed to be the leader! HE makes the decisions, and will live or die because of them.
What he is saying is NOT that he won't address those needs on the team, just that he WON'T just cave in to what everyone on the outside thinks he should do.
I don't think Favre would do it, but future players might see it as a weakness and start making demands if TT just caves to the whims of players.
I think Thompson will do whats best for the team AND Favre. We do NOT know what has been said between Favre and TT and MM behind closed doors. But i DON'T believe Favre would be coming back if he didn't feel as i do, that TT will take care of business.
Had Favre retired, the TT haters would be saying "SEE???SEE??? Favre left cause TT told him he's not going to make the team better!"
Now that Favre is coming back, that angle has been shot down. So i guess they HAVE to try to grab onto SOMETHING to keep their TT hating alive.

I must be missing your point, cheesey because you sound like a real jerk in that post. Neither myself nor wils0646 are saying we hate Ted and in fact our comments support his stance.

I didn't say anything about hating Ted. I said he's doing whats best for the Packers, essentially what YOU are saying. Yet if I say it, it burns you?

If Ted feels Moss will help the Packers, he's gonna go after him. Like I said in above post. He won't sell the farm for him, instead he will do what's fair for the Packers.
ZERO! I was AGREEING with you guys!!!! NOT knocking you!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero and Wils.....thats why i stated in my post that you 2 put real thought in your post! I'm REALLY sorry if you misunderstood!
I was agreeing with you, NOT attacking you!
I'm TRUELY sorry if i didn't make it clear!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero and Wils.....thats why i stated in my post that you 2 put real thought in your post! I'm REALLY sorry if you misunderstood!

I'm sure I'm the only knucklehead who took it that way.

This kind of crap just burns me! (I mean starting this hate fest for TT for stating what he did) The 2 posts I quoted here showed some REAL THOUGHT!

Burns me, then two posts quoted. Selective reading I guess. My fault.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

I'm sure I'm the only knucklehead who took it that way.

This kind of crap just burns me! (I mean starting this hate fest for TT for stating what he did) The 2 posts I quoted here showed some REAL THOUGHT!

Burns me, then two posts quoted. Selective reading I guess. My fault.
No....i can see where it could be misunderstood. I should have made it clearer that i was agreeing with you guys.
I screwed up! Sorry!
I enjoyed what both of you wrote, and was just trying to get my thoughts down while i had it fresh in my mind. My fingers were flying on the keyboard, and i SHOULD have made sure i was clear before i entered it.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know Cheesey...

This seems awful damn contentious to me....

Packers General Manager Ted Thompson made it clear he made no promises to Favre about bolstering the offense. Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy are adamant that no player — even Favre — will dictate how they rebuild the team.

Thompson would rather stockpile draft picks than give them away, which makes a trade less likely.

Why does TT feel that he has to make such a statement? That's like saying, I don't care if I've got Gale Sayers or Barry Sanders or Joe Montana, etc..etc..on my roster, I am not going to let him dictate or effect how I build this team......Do you think that the GM of Denver would have ever come out against John Elway with such a statement...? This is blatant disrespect for Brett Favre, in my book...

I'm surprised it doesn't bother alot more people here....that's what burns me...

You said that TT will live or die by his decisions alone..

Well, if he doesn't get any playmakers this year, he will be dying by them...especially when Favre retires....You said TT is the leader and will not be held hostage...well, then by the same token, should Favre have to be held hostage by an arrogant TT.....?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
WHO WILL FORGIVE MOSS WITH HIS 1ST TD IN GB??

I will!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I don't know Cheesey...

This seems awful damn contentious to me....

Packers General Manager Ted Thompson made it clear he made no promises to Favre about bolstering the offense. Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy are adamant that no player — even Favre — will dictate how they rebuild the team.

Thompson would rather stockpile draft picks than give them away, which makes a trade less likely.

Why does TT feel that he has to make such a statement? That's like saying, I don't care if I've got Gale Sayers or Barry Sanders or Joe Montana, etc..etc..on my roster, I am not going to let him dictate or effect how I build this team......Do you think that the GM of Denver would have ever come out against John Elway with such a statement...? This is blatant disrespect for Brett Favre, in my book...

I'm surprised it doesn't bother alot more people here....that's what burns me...

You said that TT will live or die by his decisions alone..

Well, if he doesn't get any playmakers this year, he will be dying by them...especially when Favre retires....You said TT is the leader and will not be held hostage...well, then by the same token, should Favre have to be held hostage by an arrogant TT.....?
TT is the boss........Favre is not. And Favre is not being held hostage. He could force a trade or retire if he chose to. I think he doesn't cause unlike everyone on here, he KNOWS whats going on. He's not just guessing based on a few words said to the media.
In other words......why get so worked up about something that might just be more made up in your mind then reality?
I'll wait till FA and the draft before i get worked up. If he does nothing, THEN i'll get mad.
Like someone else already stated in here, do you want TT to just start telling everyone his plans? So that it can push up the price of who they might have targeted? You HAVE to be shrewed (sp?) to bluff at poker, and i'd hope TT can do the same with his dealings.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well..we'll see then this year now, won't we...?

(But we will have to re-visit this thread at that time....)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Well..we'll see then this year now, won't we...?
Thats what i'm saying. Why get so worked up about something that might mean nothing? TT was giving answers to the media, thats all it was. He had to say something. I sure wouldn't want the guy spilling his guts to THOSE guys.
Otherwise it's like "I'm not gonna cross the street, cause there are cars, and a car MIGHT hit me!" Yeah, it might happen, then again it might not. So why waste so much time and energy worrying about it?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can revisit it then. If it turns out TT does nothing, and i'm wrong, then you can go ahead and attack me for it.
But if he DOES do something to address the problems, will you then admit i was right?
just wondering.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you Allabout!

And YES! I can forgive Moss. I haven't seen him play since he left for the Raiders, so i really don't know if he's lost anything physically or not. He hasn't had a great QB out there, or leadership that i think would benefit him if he did come here.
Jerry Rice was good in his late years, and Moss isn't that old yet. I think he would fit in here.
Can you imagine Moss, and Driver for Favre to toss to? And if Jennings does what i think he can, man.........that would be exciting!

I CANNOT forgive MOSS. I've seen him play in Oakland. HE DOES NOT TRY.
HE did not TRY in Minnesota half the time either.

Did you guys hear what he did to Lane Kiffin? Kiffin called Moss to introduce himself and tell him how much he respects him as a players and wants him involved in the offense.

Moss replied by saying '*********, I don't have time for this bull***" "F** You and don't call me again"

YOu want to forgive that???

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First of all, how do you know that's what he said...?

and second...

It sounds like he wants out of Oakland.....

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

If someone who only plays half the time puts up his kind of stats, FIND a way to make him play full time. (ie, give him a HoF QB)

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did you guys hear what he did to Lane Kiffin? Kiffin called Moss to introduce himself and tell him how much he respects him as a players and wants him involved in the offense.

Moss replied by saying '*********, I don't have time for this bull***" "F** You and don't call me again"

Please listen to those of us who have seen him in Oakland!!

Young Andrew Walter threw great passes to him over the middle and he would stop on the routes. Many passes hitting him in the hands but not caught because a safety was lining up a hit on the receiver.

Have you not seen warm ups where the team is streching before a game?? All participate but a certain WR(both in MN and Oakland).

This would be a very bad move and such a bad influence on young players. There cannot be anything to this on the Green Bay side.

There is likely only one of two sources of these rumors. Both would be attempts to drive up the price of acquiring the player. The player's agent or his current team.

Ted Thompson and the Packer Pro scouting staff are not dumb enough to do this.

If I who live in the Oakland broadcast area have seen enough games to know that this receiver is not as fast as he once was and does not have the desire to play at a high level. Pro scouts certainly know he is not worth his current contract.

Who would trust Al Davis??

That receiver is already on the downward side of his career.

As much as I want to get rid of Ferguson, I would not make a straight up trade exchanging him for the Raider due to the differences in salary.

Listen, if you have not seen the Oakland WR play in the last 2 years please recuse yourself. This is not 1999 or 2000.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:

Please listen to those of us who have seen him in Oakland!!

Young Andrew Walter threw great passes to him over the middle and he would stop on the routes. Many passes hitting him in the hands but not caught because a safety was lining up a hit on the receiver.

Have you not seen warm ups where the team is streching before a game?? All participate but a certain WR(both in MN and Oakland).

This would be a very bad move and such a bad influence on young players. There cannot be anything to this on the Green Bay side.

There is likely only one of two sources of these rumors. Both would be attempts to drive up the price of acquiring the player. The player's agent or his current team.

Ted Thompson and the Packer Pro scouting staff are not dumb enough to do this.

If I who live in the Oakland broadcast area have seen enough games to know that this receiver is not as fast as he once was and does not have the desire to play at a high level. Pro scouts certainly know he is not worth his current contract.

Who would trust Al Davis??

That receiver is already on the downward side of his career.

As much as I want to get rid of Ferguson, I would not make a straight up trade exchanging him for the Raider due to the differences in salary.

Listen, if you have not seen the Oakland WR play in the last 2 years please recuse yourself. This is not 1999 or 2000.

I've seen Moss in warm ups. And his teamates have said he's an excellent teamate an a very hard worker.

Recuse ourselves? Umm, I think you watch too much Law & Order. We're not judges here. :)

Randy Moss

When asked whether he still smokes marijuana during in a 2005 pre-season interview with for HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel," Oakland Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss said, "I might. I might have fun. And, hopefully ... I won't get into any trouble with the NFL by saying that. I have had fun throughout my years . . . predominantly in the offseason." The former Vikings star was found with marijuana in his car after a traffic incident in 2002.

In an article about Moss"s admission, sportswriter Jay Mariotti of the Chicago Sun Times asked, "Why do we rail against steroids and giggle about marijuana? Is it because we might have gotten high a few times in a college dorm and went on to lead normal lives? Is it because steroids enhance athletic performances and muddle statistical comparisons while pot, in some households, might augment a good time? Is it because steroids can make heads and bodies swell grotesquely while weed only gives you the munchies?"

By all accounts, Moss has been a pleasant, cooperative teammate since joining the Raiders in March 2005, shortly before Oakland voters approved a measure last year to legalize, tax and regulate marijuana. His energy, enthusiasm and healthy competitiveness were compared to Magic Johnson's.

Moss's willingness to work hard and impart his football knowledge to his impressionable teammates does not surprise Raiders coach Norv Turner. Before picking up Moss in March Turner spoke to former Raiders linebacker Greg Biekert, who played with Moss in Minnesota. "From a player's standpoint, you want to know what his chemistry was like in the locker room," Turner said. "Biekert said it was unbelievable. He told me that at practice, every day, you'd want to see what kind of play the guy was going to make. He said he certainly knows how to work and he certainly knows how to help young players."

Florida Chargers wideout Kassim Osgood said of Moss, "He's one of those guys you enjoy being around, just because he's always got something funny to say. He's uplifting. He encourages you to work harder, and he takes the young guys and he critiques your form and your work ethic. He'll challenge you to work harder." Chargers cornerback Drayton Florence said Moss always tried to be the first to arrive and the last to leave during their workouts. Osgood said Moss refused to accept second place in anything they did, including video games.

In addition to being a great athlete, Moss also is a student of the game. Raiders linebacker Kirk Morrison marveled at how he regularly comes to the line of scrimmage in practice, looks at the defense and correctly calls out what blitz is coming. Moss also studies tapes of the great wideouts who came before him, as well as those still in the game today. Hall of Famer Lance Alworth recently said Moss was No. 1 on his list of must-see players, a statement that led Moss to say: "That's a hell of a compliment."

"He's going to show his emotions when things aren't going well," Jordan said. "You know what? Give me Randy Moss. Give me Rasheed Wallace. ... Don't give me a guy who, when things are going well, they're going to shrug their shoulders, they show no emotions. They're not the kind of guy I want to go to war with. I want to go to war with a guy that when I look in his eyes, and I look at him every day, I see, you know what, he has a passion for winning."

In his first three games with the Raiders, Moss had 15 catches for 343 yards. Unfortunately, Oakland racked up 327 penalty yards too and lost all those games. A subsequent rib injury slowed him down and quarterback Kerry Collins took heat for failing to better utilize his star receiver, but there's always next year.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:

If someone who only plays half the time puts up his kind of stats, FIND a way to make him play full time. (ie, give him a HoF QB)

Great point, Zero...

I say trade for him..sign him...get him in G.B.....don't listen to other people's prejudices against him!

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
........And his teamates have said he's an excellent teamate an a very hard worker.

:bs:

Cris Carter was always "impressed" with Moss's work ethic.

:roll:

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
........And his teamates have said he's an excellent teamate an a very hard worker.

I think you guys would love Moss back with your receiver situation now...am I right? :thumbsup:

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you guys would love Moss back with your receiver situation now...am I right? :thumbsup:

No. We have enough problems without Moss. :sad:

However, there are many Vikings fans that would like to see him back. It is a hotly debated topic in the "Purple World".

Kinda like you guys and TT / Sherman / Wolf..etc.

There are camps within any fan base.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

HARD WORKER???
HE worked hard when he was under Chris Carter, and was also under close watch after his draft in his first 3 years because he's was trying to stay under the radar after his suspect character issues at Marshall.

He practiced hard w/Chris and learned, but soon his jerk habits surfaced.

Chris Carter was also seen on tape yelling at Randy Moss for showboating into the end zone from the 10 yard line in and doing a spin.

You could also see Randy not listening to Cater once Moss was in his 3rd year

Carter couldn't reach Moss either.

When Carter retired, Moss went overboard (same as when Rice left the 9ers and Owens went crazy). Moss stated famously "I play when I WANT to" saying he only tries some of the time. Even Chris Carter couldn't get him to play all the time.

You think if Moss tunes out a HOF receiver who mentored him..he won't tune out a 37 year old HOF QB who's lost some?

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikesrule said:
Zero2Cool said:

Chris Carter was also seen on tape yelling at Randy Moss for showboating into the end zone from the 10 yard line in and doing a spin.

You could also see Randy not listening to Cater once Moss was in his 3rd year

Carter couldn't reach Moss either.

You think if Moss tunes out a HOF receiver who mentored him..he won't tune out a 37 year old HOF receiver who's lost some?

IMO, Cal2GreenBay, you hit the nail on the head.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
First of all, how do you know that's what he said...?

and second...

It sounds like he wants out of Oakland.....

Firstly..it was all over talk radio in the bay area. www.knbr.com
NFL network's Adam Shefter reported that Moss "disrespected"
Kiffin in their first meeting/phone call together.

The local media dug deeper and got some of the color comments.

You guys are talking about a career long jerk who plays and listens to no one. THe more authority you place in front of him, the more he will rebel.

Moss will NOT listen to Favre. The people he hates the most are QBs...
They NEVER throw him the ball enough.

Check my last post. A HOF receiver Chris Carter was Randy's teammate for many years and HE couldn't reach Randy. You think Favre's going to reach him now?

Randy's the last thing Green Bay needs to sour the character of a young team that's building. I still feel the same way about Charles Woodson.
When the team starts losing, you'll start to see the OAKLAND RAIDERS version of Woodson in a big way (sulking, not trying..sitting out w/injuries)

Randy's 100 times worse than woodson.

As long as they win, they'll be a nuisance to other teams.
If you lose or don't throw him the ball enough. Randy will be your worse nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts