MIKE SHERMAN SHOULD BE...

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
66....you know me......."Mr. Sensitive.."

IPB.....Charlie Weis will be at Notre Dame for years. He loves the place and is on a mission. I think eventually he may want to explore the NFL but I think that is 5+ years away.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
66....you know me......."Mr. Sensitive.."

IPB.....Charlie Weis will be at Notre Dame for years. He loves the place and is on a mission. I think eventually he may want to explore the NFL but I think that is 5+ years away.

Hold onto your hats, people - The Mighty Carnac has spoken!
(Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain....)

Well, either we're dealing with the Wizard of OZ, or Johnny Carson...

One Team, if not five, will make a bid, or are doing so, exactly as we speak.... or else the Press would have definitively stated as such that - "Weis has no plans on leaving Notre Dame".

Even Charlie Weis has his favourite $$$$ amount written on a small piece of paper behind his Driver's License.... We'll just see about that!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey *********...I'm no president of a hicktown Packer fan club but I will still give you my opinion on matters. I believe that's what this forum is here for.

The press isn't isn't writing articles stating "Weis has no plans on leaving Notre Dame" for the same reason that they don't report about the house down the street that DIDN"T catch on fire. It is a nonstory. Have you read that Weiss wants to leave?

Nobody knows for sure but I base my opinion on what the man has actually said in person. I have heard him speak and I have limited connections at Notre Dame. Sorry....I know some of you Sherman haters are getting testy but if you want Weis...I BELIEVE you'll have to wait a few years ....at least!

Now if you would like the Powerball numbers for Wednesday night.....the mighty Carnac see's.....4.....32.........

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Now if you would like the Powerball numbers for Wednesday night.....the mighty Carnac see's.....4.....32.........

Woohoo - I'm on it... thanks, man! (see Cheech & Chong)

I knew I could yank yer chain without much effort.... :lol:

There was an article linked back from Red Zone's web page....
And in reading it - it stated that with a 1.5mil buyout clause - almost every team in the NFL would be willing to submit to Charlie Weis an offer which would make him step back a sec and re-think his plans.....

Weis "knew" he wasn't gettin' the HC job at N.E. - as did everyone else -

At Notre Dame, he gets to be the head hondo --- but now...? Since he has pulled his magic on the new Mighty Quinn - everyone is very well aware of his prowess with Quarterbacks... especially after Tom Brady gave Charlie "all the credit" with helping him learn what it takes... (Tom Brady was a sixth round draft pick, if I remember correctly)

I'll go find tha article later tonight and post it in the appropriate section...

DePack got thin skin today.....? wink,wink-nudge-nudge - - know what I mean!

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
DePack said:

Woohoo - I'm on it... thanks, man! (see Cheech & Chong)

I knew I could yank yer chain without much effort.... :lol:

There was an article linked back from Red Zone's web page....
And in reading it - it stated that with a 1.5mil buyout clause - almost every team in the NFL would be willing to submit to Charlie Weis an offer which would make him step back a sec and re-think his plans.....

Weis "knew" he wasn't gettin' the HC job at N.E. - as did everyone else -

At Notre Dame, he gets to be the head hondo --- but now...? Since he has pulled his magic on the new Mighty Quinn - everyone is very well aware of his prowess with Quarterbacks... especially after Tom Brady gave Charlie "all the credit" with helping him learn what it takes... (Tom Brady was a sixth round draft pick, if I remember correctly)

I'll go find tha article later tonight and post it in the appropriate section...

DePack got thin skin today.....? wink,wink-nudge-nudge - - know what I mean!
"Say no more!" Monty Python

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got NO skin after this weekend. I was out of line but I didn't like getting jumped for stating my opinion.

BTW...my entire family is from Indianapolis. A bunch of them still live there.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I got NO skin after this weekend. I was out of line but I didn't like getting jumped for stating my opinion.

BTW...my entire family is from Indianapolis. A bunch of them still live there.

Nice to know - are they Packers... or Colts... fans?
Do I know them? Possibly? We're over 400 strong down here....
140 of em showed up yesterday - I had my hands full....

I got pretty thick skin - ya have to.. with leading this bunch.
You'd have to try a lot harder than that.... big time... not to worry!

I'll post some news about Indy in a separate column - it's totally Packer related....

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My bad Ryan...I apologize...IPB...unfortunately they are Colts fans. A couple of them live here but alot of them live in Indy. It's going to be a long holiday season when I see them next. In fact if things continue the way they are I may just skip the holidays altogether!!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Plain and simple...they should take him out to woodshed and be done with him...He lost this game--Sherman! He is a piece of sh*t....i can't stand to look at him...with that stupid flat-top and that dumb, ugly stupid (replaced word) kitty on his face...

And i know some of you Sherman *** kissers out there are gonna say...but there were so many injuries...Longwell missed that field goal..blah..blah...it was the defense...I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!

WHY THE HELL DID THEY TRY TO SNAP THE BALL TO FISHER INSTEAD OF FAVRE?..I AM TIRED OF THEIR b.s. TRICK PLAYS THAT NEVER WORK....SHERROSSLEY IS NOTHING BUT A BIG PU$$Y....GET HIM THE F*** OUT OF THERE...HE SUCKS..HE HAS ALWAYS SUCKED...

RUNNING A DRAW ON 3RD AND 3....! THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT! THE GUY IS A FRIGGIN' MORON AND THERE IS NO DEFENDING HIM...

Thank god for Favre because without him..this season would be even UGLIER! (If that's possible..)

Let Favre go now to a team with a chance...it's the only decent, humane thing to do...

chill out dude. take a good shot of whiskey and calm yourself.
sherman is in his swan song as packers coach, no doubt. and if GBP continue to lose , the team has a shot at reggie bush. favre is still a great qb and with some young talent maybe the team will have a shot at a title next year.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
My bad Ryan...I apologize...IPB...unfortunately they are Colts fans. A couple of them live here but alot of them live in Indy. It's going to be a long holiday season when I see them next. In fact if things continue the way they are I may just skip the holidays altogether!!

Just remember one thing there, big guy ----- Our Motto!

"There's always room for 1 more Packer fan!"

You head our way - I wanna hear about it before you leave the driveway!
We can take turns buyin' Leinie's all day!

Sad they're Colts fans - we always hear about how we should go back where we came from... from Colts fans... No concept whatsoever about the almighty Tourist's dollar.. I tell ya....

Even this year - up to date - I still have it on good sources (John Glesing from Hat world) that our tailgate party last year on 9/26/2004 - versus the Colts - was the largest and BEST tailgater there was.... we even beat out Packerfan Tours....

So yea - c'mon down - we'll show ya some Wisconsin Hospitality
You don't even have to go see the Relatives if'n you're of a mind not too! :twisted:

Cheers!

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
DePack said:

Just remember one thing there, big guy ----- Our Motto!

"There's always room for 1 more Packer fan!"

You head our way - I wanna hear about it before you leave the driveway!
We can take turns buyin' Leinie's all day!

Sad they're Colts fans - we always hear about how we should go back where we came from... from Colts fans... No concept whatsoever about the almighty Tourist's dollar.. I tell ya....

Even this year - up to date - I still have it on good sources (John Glesing from Hat world) that our tailgate party last year on 9/26/2004 - versus the Colts - was the largest and BEST tailgater there was.... we even beat out Packerfan Tours....

So yea - c'mon down - we'll show ya some Wisconsin Hospitality
You don't even have to go see the Relatives if'n you're of a mind not too! :twisted:

Cheers!
Tell the Colts fans to go back to Baltimore.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, Vikefan - We always remind them they had to steal away in the middle of the night.... and corrupt politicians at both Cities were responsible for it all.

Here's an update which supports the premise of this thread ------

Posted Oct. 23, 2005
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mike Woods

Blame "for woes" ...lies with Sherman

MINNEAPOLIS -- As the losses continue to mount and the bodies keep piling up, it won’t be long before the clock begins to tick on Mike Sherman.

The once proud Green Bay Packers took another step backward on Sunday, blowing a 17-point lead against a team that had embarrassed itself and an entire state and was standing there, ready to be put away with one more punch.

But it never came. In the unlikeliest of conclusions, the Minnesota Vikings rallied for 23 second-half points and sent Green Bay further into the abyss with 23-20 victory Sunday, the winning margin coming via a 56-yard field goal by Paul Edinger as time expired.

They now stand at 1-5 and despite playing in the worst division in football, are on the cusp of playing for little more than pride.

As has become custom, there was injury added to this insult. The Packers lost starting receiver Robert Ferguson with a sprained ankle, starting receiver Nick Collins to a bum quadriceps muscle and starting tailback Ahman Green to a quadriceps tendon.

What’s left of the Packers has dates with Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Atlanta in the next three weeks, leaving the prospects for a quick recovery right up there with FEMA’s.

Quarterback Brett Favre, the team’s lone difference maker, played about as well as he possibly could with a completion rate over 75 percent, over 300 yards passing, two TDs and no picks. Donald Driver was stellar with eight catches for 114 yards and a score. The defense, again, played well enough to win.

But they still couldn’t get it done against a 1-4 football team whose own fans were ready to turn against them.

Which is why you’re wondering when the Packers had their chance to deliver the knockout blow, Sherman didn’t take it.

Trailing 20-17 and facing third-and-two on their own 20 with 1:13 to play, Sherman called for a draw play to Tony Fisher, who was thrown for a yard loss. So why wouldn’t he put the ball in the hands of his best player who was clearly on top of his game this day?

“In hindsight, I have, yeah,’’ when asked afterward if he considered throwing the ball.

“If I thought about it, I would have done that.’’

Not sure exactly what he meant by that, but if taken literally, he should have taken the fifth.

So let’s think about this. With a chance to go up by four points and force the Vikings to score a touchdown, Sherman thought it was best to try a run with his third-string tailback. He turned to a running game, one that has struggled all season and one he admitted was struggling on this day, to try and keep a drive alive.

He knew that if he failed, he would then put the game into the hands of field goal kicker Ryan Longwell, who despite being one of the most accurate around, had already missed twice on this day and his confidence couldn’t have been overflowing.

Was this really the best course of action?

As it turned out, the Packers were a bit hurried, the joint was jumping and before everyone could get in their proper place, center Scott Wells, making just his second start, sent the ball back to Favre.

Sherman explained that because the ball was snapped prematurely, the tight end was not in his proper place and the play broke down.

“It would have been a good run had people been in place,’’ he said.

That’s a bit presumptuous and more to the point, because of the situation it seems it would have been the right time to use a timeout and think this whole thing through.

It matters little now. The opportunity, and the game, was lost and the Packers are at 1-5 for the first time since 1991 and have last place in the division all to themselves.

The irony, or sad reality, is that Mike Tice, not regarded as one of the best at his craft, was able to push all the right buttons, make the right adjustments at the half and put his team in position to win.

When it came Sherman’s time to respond, he couldn’t. He got outcoached by Tice.

The Packers deserved a better fate this day. Their splendid effort in the face of adversity was not rewarded. As always, there is plenty of blame to go around. But on this day, it starts at the top.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
As has become custom, there was injury added to this insult. The Packers lost starting receiver Robert Ferguson with a sprained ankle, starting receiver Nick Collins to a bum quadriceps muscle and starting tailback Ahman Green to a quadriceps tendon.

oops ... nick collins receiver? lol

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Thanks for quoting the entire article packerchi... I mean, Zero2Cool

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: MIKE SHERMAN SHOULD BE SHOT...!

PackerChick said:
Well, we didnt hear much from Sharper though. Lets have relief in that.

What is this damn obsestion with Sharper all about? Who cares? On top of that you have some screwball calling for the head coach to be shot. This site is turning into a ****** pile of cow dung all because the Packers are well on their way to being a bottom feeder in the NFL. Loyal and knowledgeable fans? Give me a f**king break! GET OVER IT PEOPLE! :stop:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
phil...it stems from some comments he made after leaving the Pack...similar to what MM said, only a little more watered down. Frankly, I don't think anything he said was all that bad, but it still left some bitter tastes in ppls mouths.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
phil...it stems from some comments he made after leaving the Pack...similar to what MM said, only a little more watered down. Frankly, I don't think anything he said was all that bad, but it still left some bitter tastes in ppls mouths.

I see a lot of real *****y attitudes and comments with very little reality behind them now and the whole thing has gotten pretty boring. I ignored the site for a couple of weeks because of that very reason and it seems to have only intensified. The Packers are 1-5 and there are people worried about Sharper’s comments or jump for joy because the Texans suck so badly. I doubt that the fans in Houston are concerned about the Packers record right now.
It is fun to talk football and speculate about what can be done or what should have been done but this is just turning into to one big crying room. It is not the end of the world because your football team is not going to be very good for a while. If you can not take the bad times along with the good then you should just find something else to do.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
The Packers are 1-5 and there are people worried about Sharper’s comments or jump for joy because the Texans suck so badly. I doubt that the fans in Houston are concerned about the Packers record right now.

you're taking a few posts/threads and applying them to the entire board. i wouldn't expect you to read all the new threads here, but chill out with the blanket statements. the fact is, there are still people sharing updated information, cap strategy, available replacements...just like before.

and if you didn't expect to see some sour posts after losing a close game in the last seconds, you probably shouldn't have even bothered stopping by.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thread starter is heavily invested in his point of view. He wants to see the coach gone at all costs, heavy emphasis on all costs.

His entire argument is really stupid, since Sherman signed a 6 million dollar extension this year.

Ted Thompson could not stand in front of the Packer brass and justify giving Sherman that money, plus having to spend millions more hiring another set of coaches.

Like it or not, Sherman is here through at least next season. It makes no fiscal sense in any other context. Thompson could have simply told him they would talk after the season and left it at that, saving the team millions and going out to find a new coach from scratch.(footnote: up to 13 head coaches might be fired this off-season. Are there 13 really good replacements? Are you kidding? Why would they go to Green Bay when they could go to a 'glam' city?)

Ted Thompson chose to re-hire Mike Sherman, so the entire argument about him being fired is off the wall. Pack66's fetish is a lot like any addiction: he just has to keep doing it until HE hits rock bottom.

Lets look at two coaches recently hired, Jim Mora, Jr. in Atlanta and Mike Nolan in San Fran. One has succeeded while the other has produced little.
Why? Dan Reeves left Mora with a ton of young talent. Mora is a solid coach but the main point is this: talent. Nolan, like Mora, also has an NFL coaching father(****-another 49'er coach), but his team is struggling.
Why? Talent. The 49'ers blew their salary cap and ash-canned most of their talent, and have drafted poorly.
It centers around talent acquisition. Pick up a copy of last week's Packer Plus and read Cliff Christl's commentary on playmakers. Right on the money. The Packes(and the 49'ers) don't have enough YOUNG playmakers.
THAT is the real reason the team is having trouble.

The season is over, from a post-season standpoint. But the foundation for the future is being put together.

Pack66 just might start a new therapy genre: the Packer fan so obsessed with firing Sherman that other analysis is impossible.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
let the excuses fly...

and the Sherman apologists are coming out of the woodwork now...

(you see..a good coach knows how to make do with what he has..and what SherRossley had in the Viking game was a passing game that was working...)

logical eh? you see..it's not too hard to see the truth...some of you should try it...it's good for the soul, net...this way..you'll be prepared and won't have a mental breakdown when Sherman is let go...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack66...I've read numerous posts from you about how Brett has no talent, or what could he do if he had Indy's wrs...but then you come back and say ppl can't let injuries of lack of talent be an excuse for MS?!?

Members online

Latest posts