Letter on it way.. according to.. drum roll.. PFTalk.com

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This ignoring you speak of will be completely forgotten when an announcement is made though. It's a big deal now cuz thats where we are, waiting like the loyal fans we are. When the news breaks and this period is over, nobody will care about it.

Just like this whole ordeal will be forgotten if Favre ends up staying retired. Nobody will care. No player, no agent, not even the fans.

I have a feeling lot will care..

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
This ignoring you speak of will be completely forgotten when an announcement is made though. It's a big deal now cuz thats where we are, waiting like the loyal fans we are. When the news breaks and this period is over, nobody will care about it.

Just like this whole ordeal will be forgotten if Favre ends up staying retired. Nobody will care. No player, no agent, not even the fans.

I have a feeling lot will care..

I hope I remember to pull this thread up in a couple months if Favre stays retired. We'll get a lot of "Oh yeah, that."

Nobody will care.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want the whole situation to be resolved...yesterday. If #4 is the QB, fine. If not, fine. I think it's extremely unfair for Rodgers to be put in this spot and the team for moving on after Favre announced his retirement. On the flip side, Favre has every right to change his mind about retirement as many players do - it's a difficult decision. The Packers need to find what they can get for him to ensure that he isn't in purple next year. There has to be an AFC team that needs a QB for the short-term and is willing to give up a draft pick.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
There's a lot of rumors though. Rumors of texts, rumors of phone calls, rumors of letters. Is GB supposed to throw a press conference every time? Or how about when Matt Jones gets released, and one of the potential teams to pick him up is GB? Press conference then too? Or since its about a player not with the team...don't discuss it and go about your business?

Almost over now...almost there...

To me, there lies the catch as a franchise.. by doing nothing the media continues to run wild.. my opinion, when this hit the media frenzy last week, we needed a sharp response to the reports.. one encompassing report that made it clear that what is true from the franchises knowledge, and broadcast a statement that we are indeed dealing with the situation.

You insulate the amount of games that Favre/Cook can play as well as the media. Make no doubt about it, Cook leaked that information when the staff was out for a reason.. to strike hard in the PR war behind the scenes.. Cook is an agent, he could give 2 cents less about the franchise.. he is managing his client and his interests... which at the moment seem to be to play ball again.

An make no mistake about it, other players are watching how were are handling this.. what impact will that have on people wanting to come here.. don't know, but I am sure they are making note.

I know what you mean, but I think GB has had some response to it.

Mark Murphy... a leader of this franchise - "I think it's pretty reasonable that, as an organization, we're going to move on."

or how bout Bob Harlan... legend and former leader - "What I remember about him is he was ready to retire, and that's how I feel today, I think down deep, that's exactly how he feels."

and Ted Thompson ... - "..." nothing and I think the silence screams. I think right now they aren't rushing anything. Rushing is what got us into this. Favre rushed into retirement now wants out. Now I think its a let it take its course and hopefully he will realize that the best option is to stay retired. If he doesn't and he doesn't take the hint that silence is sending and then sends in his letter of reinstatement... THEN i think you will hear something from the Packers.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone really believe the Packers organization OWES the fans or anybody else constant updates on what is going on behind the scenes.

PLEASE!

IF anything to much crap has been let out about this issue already and all of Brett's intentions or what the organizations position on those intentions is at this time should have been kept between those parties.

The PROBLEM is that this issue has been put out onto the street in the first damn place and not handled internally by the parties that are going to ultimately deal with it anyways.

Favre should have flown (public aiways I may add) to meet privately with TT and MM to discuss the full extent of ramifications of this move and how the guys he works FOR feels about it.

I do not blame TT for being pissed off one bit for getting publicly broadcast inuendos and rumors. Brett knows this is no small deal and should have come straight to Thompson. He's the one changing his mind. Not TT.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Does anyone really believe the Packers organization OWES the fans or anybody else constant updates on what is going on behind the scenes.

Normally, I 100% agree, but when a situation gets this much media play and the scourn moreso than not of the media is on the franchise, you bet your *** I expect them to update us the fans, of this publicly held franchise. I lived in Green Bay for almost a decade.. I paid an extended levy on my tax base each and every year.. so you bet I expect a little more from this particular franchise.

IF anything to much crap has been let out about this issue already and all of Brett's intentions or what the organizations position on those intentions is at this time should have been kept between those parties.

The PROBLEM is that this issue has been put out onto the street in the first damn place and not handled internally by the parties that are going to ultimately deal with it anyways.

Favre should have flown (public aiways I may add) to meet privately with TT and MM to discuss the full extent of ramifications of this move and how the guys he works FOR feels about it.

I do not blame TT for being pissed off one bit for getting publicly broadcast inuendos and rumors. Brett knows this is no small deal and should have come straight to Thompson. He's the one changing his mind. Not TT.

The only blame I lay at the feet of TT at this point, is not shutting this BS down, Brett and or Cook are pulling the strings of this franchise.. IMO, it is the responsiblity of the GM of football operations to squash the heck out of the media crush aimed at the Packer franchise.

Does he have a right to be pissed, absolutely.

Do they owe the fans and holders of this franchise an update to all the speculation in the press.. IMO.. that is a hell yes.

Should have it stayed internal, absolutely, but Cook decided to make a public campaign.. so IMO, even though TT isn't responsible for the mess directly, he should be the one dropping the hammer in response.

There will be knuckheads for years that will bash the GM or the franchise for this situation if Favre winds up elsewhere.. and right now, in alot of fans opinions they are buying the media hype that the Packers are sticking their behinds out to Favre.. the face of the franchise for years.. even though I think they are trying to save some face of not only the franchise, but of Brett himself.

The Packers have done everything they needed to IMO to prepare for Favre's departure.. have handled it with class and attention.. I hate seeing that pissed away now for sitting an letting the media destroy it. Without so much as a whimper in the background.

In the end.. yes I think the Packers owe the fans to hear their side... or the media will continue to feed that void.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I came across this on pp.o. I am not sure who will find this more sickening - Packer fans or Vikings fans... ;D

<<It is just a joke, no getting anyone's ******* in a bunch>>
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

EDIT: And yes, I fully expect, and probably deserve, any backlash I receive for posting it here. ;)

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because Bus Cook has an agenda the Packers are supposed to break from a solid practice of not commenting on rumors and keep the fan base "informed" when the only information out there "known" of is being leaked by Cook or whoever?

The Packers have a responsibility to the fans when they have actually had a meeting with Favre and what comes from that meeting and where this is going.
Obviously no meeting has happened yet so I cannot see how the organization is remiss in keeping anyone informed. THE WHOLE THING is speculation and media fodder to this point.

The story IS THE MEDIA'S story until the Packers organization and Favre meet unless someone needs to hear the Packers say " we have not met with Brett about this issue and until we do it's all speculation."

Does anyone really need to hear that? C'mon 93 you got an itch here you need scratched real bad or something cause your jumpin the gun.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Does anyone really need to hear that? C'mon 93 you got an itch here you need scratched real bad or something cause your jumpin the gun.

Oh make no mistake about it, I have a "itch" as well.. and that itch is to be able to turn on the radio, TV, internet page or the local flippin gas station and not hear how the Packers are mistreating Favre.

And with the way Favre is beloved, added to that fact that this situation probably isn't going to end up with Favre in the Green and Gold. So people are making their decisions on why that happened on things they are hearing today, over the holiday weekend and or in my case, from those no good Viking relatives of mine during the fireworks.. :lol:

My point is, we all logically can figure out how this is going to end.. with Favre playing in another uni this fall.. or Rodgers will be dealt.. either or.. and unless we win the Superbowl either way.. this isn't going to simply disappear.. and I am one loyal and prideful SOB.. IMO it will be a thorn in Packer football for years to come.

People will go out of there way to nitpick this decision for years to come.. taking away some of the pride, joy and fun away from our team. IMO.. we are letting the player pull the strings on the franchise without so much as a rebuttal.. without the rebuttal.. the media is on a feeding freezy throwing sh^* into the wind and hoping something sticks. By making a strong public statement.. IMO.. it takes some of that media BS away.

Some fans can see beyond the media hype and BS.. some breath it in.. and those are the ones that a statement of facts from the team, or their facts as they know them.. would do some PR damage control to the casual fan.

But you might be right, because I think the whole thing sucks and want it to go away.. and the impact be as minimal as it can be. I think it should be dealt with swiftly and shut the opinions of every so called sports reporter down.. I guess I am matter of fact in that way.. if I was in Ted boots.. the first hint of Brett saying I want back.. I would have been on his front step saying WTF... Then I probably would have made a stop at Mr. Cook's office in a closed door session on the topic of agent integrity.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I came across this on pp.o. I am not sure who will find this more sickening - Packer fans or Vikings fans... ;D

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

EDIT: And yes, I fully expect, and probably deserve, any backlash I receive for posting it here. ;)

That is absolutely disgusting. Ban him please :)

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Gaaaah! :shock:

Nodak. Sorry to delete your photo. It was just too disturbing to repeat. What is pp.o.?

Ban him, for a disturbing photo? :lol: DRD, that was funny.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
What is pp.o.?

A fan board where they are stuck on the color purple.. personally I think they let Prince loose on the server.. he also is thinking of redoing one of his hits.. Purple pain, purple pain.. in honor of such devotion of the fans to losing for years on end. :lol:

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
NodakPaul said:

Nodak. Sorry to delete your photo. It was just too disturbing to repeat. What is pp.o.?

PP.O is www.purplepride.org. A Vikings site very similar to this one, and my home site. :)

And I agree, that was probably the most disturbing picture I have ever seen...

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:

Oh make no mistake about it, I have a "itch" as well.. and that itch is to be able to turn on the radio, TV, internet page or the local flippin gas station and not hear how the Packers are mistreating Favre.

And with the way Favre is beloved, added to that fact that this situation probably isn't going to end up with Favre in the Green and Gold. So people are making their decisions on why that happened on things they are hearing today, over the holiday weekend and or in my case, from those no good Viking relatives of mine during the fireworks.. :lol:

My point is, we all logically can figure out how this is going to end.. with Favre playing in another uni this fall.. or Rodgers will be dealt.. either or.. and unless we win the Superbowl either way.. this isn't going to simply disappear.. and I am one loyal and prideful SOB.. IMO it will be a thorn in Packer football for years to come.

People will go out of there way to nitpick this decision for years to come.. taking away some of the pride, joy and fun away from our team. IMO.. we are letting the player pull the strings on the franchise without so much as a rebuttal.. without the rebuttal.. the media is on a feeding freezy throwing sh^* into the wind and hoping something sticks. By making a strong public statement.. IMO.. it takes some of that media BS away.

Some fans can see beyond the media hype and BS.. some breath it in.. and those are the ones that a statement of facts from the team, or their facts as they know them.. would do some PR damage control to the casual fan.

But you might be right, because I think the whole thing sucks and want it to go away.. and the impact be as minimal as it can be. I think it should be dealt with swiftly and shut the opinions of every so called sports reporter down.. I guess I am matter of fact in that way.. if I was in Ted boots.. the first hint of Brett saying I want back.. I would have been on his front step saying WTF... Then I probably would have made a stop at Mr. Cook's office in a closed door session on the topic of agent integrity.

Relax 93. If TT ran in and squelched this quickly he would be chastized for running in and squelching this TOO quickly. Can't you hear it? "Why did TT have to rush in and force this so fast"?

This is no-win no matter how it get's sliced and the only way out is to come out early and and kick everybody's ***. Then it goes away. Thirty two cities and the whole world will be watching and thirty one cities will hope we screwed this thing up.

I really like what Mike McCarthy said yesterday. "This is going to be a good football team." That told me he was not that worried about how this turns out one way or the other.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:
What is pp.o.?

A fan board where they are stuck on the color purple.. personally I think they let Prince loose on the server.. he also is thinking of redoing one of his hits.. Purple pain, purple pain.. in honor of such devotion of the fans to losing for years on end. :lol:

Oh a Viking board, I see. Is that the Purple Pride one? I thought pp stood for "pee pee". :lol: So the Purple Pissants want Favre? (sorry Vikings fans. Couldn't resist! :twisted: )

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:
de_real_deal said:
NodakPaul said:

PP.O is www.purplepride.org. A Vikings site very similar to this one, and my home site. :)

And I agree, that was probably the most disturbing picture I have ever seen...

I went there and did some spying on there to see if they are wanting our boy, Favre. It figures they have a section that says Packers S.... oh... It's so disturbing, I can't even SAY it!

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
tromadz said:
Pack93z said:
An make no mistake about it, other players are watching how were are handling this.. what impact will that have on people wanting to come here.. don't know, but I am sure they are making note.

And so far, I don't mind it. We got a guy pulling media theatrics, and the team isn't (publicly) budging. Are things being discussed behind the scenes? I'd bet my pinky finger on it, but from afar, it looks like we're just doing our thing.

I agree, if you can cut through the media garb.. but truly, how many players or agents really will look past the initial tone of the media.. which is that the Packers are ignoring Favre or worse yet, refuse to deal with the issue.

Perception.. the double edge sword of any public figure or entity..

Or if Favre comes back. In 5 years nobody will even remember his false retirement.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:

I think you're going way overboard about this. How on earth can Ted Thompson shut down this story when Favre himself hasn't even said anything publicly yet--and neither has his agent, for that matter? At this point it's just been reported through secret sources which, like it or not, is how a lot of sports news gets reported these days.

Also, I don't see it as a media feeding frenzy. It's an interesting story, is it not, especially in the deadest part of the off-season?

Finally, I have a piece of advice: If you're sick of hearing about any particular sports story, or news story for that matter, it means you are watching too much TV, listening to too much talk radio, and/or spending too much time on the Internet. As obvious as it sounds, this is something I only just recently figured out for myself. Just shut it off and do something else. The world will not stop spinning if you don't know every single detail the minute it is reported.

I do agree, by the way, that the whole thing pretty much sucks, for all of the reasons you cited, and then some.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts