Keisean Nixon signed to 1 year deal

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't take what I'm about to say as being against signing him...but this man better step up in his usage on Defense. This is not chump change if he is not going to be much outside of a return man. Dynamic return man for sure can change games, but this money could get a starting caliber safety or a WR2 type veteran receiver to come in and take snaps immediately while Doubs and Watson grow.

That said I 100% look forward to seeing him absolutely be the man returning kicks!

Part of me wonders if the team thinks he might be able to switch to a Safety role?

D

Deleted member 6794

Don't take what I'm about to say as being against signing him...but this man better step up in his usage on Defense. This is not chump change if he is not going to be much outside of a return man. Dynamic return man for sure can change games, but this money could get a starting caliber safety or a WR2 type veteran receiver to come in and take snaps immediately while Doubs and Watson grow.

According to both OTC and Spotrac Nixon will earn $4 million on this deal. Teams hardly get a starting caliber safety or a #2 wide receiver for that kind of money.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to both OTC and Spotrac Nixon will earn $4 million on this deal. Teams hardly get a starting caliber safety or a #2 wide receiver for that kind of money.

I must have seen the $6M figure but that appears incentives could make it that

D

Deleted member 6794

I must have seen the $6M figure but that appears incentives could make it that

Yeah, it seems like he can earn another $2 million in incentives. I can't find any detailed information about the numbers that would trigger them though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Are we going to have to start calling him "Tricky Dick"?

Keisen is getting some snaps in....with the offense.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think letting him tryout on O makes sense. It will come down to him being able to reliably catch the ball. If he can do that; why not.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's athletic, from what I've heard. You just never know about guys who are multi-faceted players. He just might be one of those guys that allows you to use a roster spot to fill another need, because of his versatility.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check out Nixon's return stats.....dude is leading the league in yards, and one of the best yards per return, BUT what I think exhibits his potency back there even more is his average is impacted by less than a yard if you remove his longest.

Plus folks, dude has 21 returns, he brings the ball out A LOT - yet is just a production beast doing so. Typically the more you return the lower your average gets...

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He does seem to bring it out when one normally shouldn't, but he rarely leaves me questioning his judgement.

Unfortunately I don't think that any websites track total kicks seen (i.e. how many opportunities did the returner have to field the ball in play). Does he have more opportunities because the other team is scoring more/kicking us the ball more?

It looks like he is 9th out of 25 for return average (4th if longest removed). I'll take a top-ten returner any day. It would be nice to see him add a TD at an opportune time. Not that we are a SB team this season, but that's what Desmond Howard brought to the table in 1996. Keisean brought it last year too when he sparked the team. He was like adding a shot of nitro.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He does seem to bring it out when one normally shouldn't, but he rarely leaves me questioning his judgement.

Unfortunately I don't think that any websites track total kicks seen (i.e. how many opportunities did the returner have to field the ball in play). Does he have more opportunities because the other team is scoring more/kicking us the ball more?

It looks like he is 9th out of 25 for return average (4th if longest removed). I'll take a top-ten returner any day. It would be nice to see him add a TD at an opportune time. Not that we are a SB team this season, but that's what Desmond Howard brought to the table in 1996. Keisean brought it last year too when he sparked the team. He was like adding a shot of nitro.

I would guess not the case, because we actually have a pretty solid defense when it comes to giving up points.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Check out Nixon's return stats.....dude is leading the league in yards, and one of the best yards per return, BUT what I think exhibits his potency back there even more is his average is impacted by less than a yard if you remove his longest.

Plus folks, dude has 21 returns, he brings the ball out A LOT - yet is just a production beast doing so. Typically the more you return the lower your average gets...

If you return the ball from 2 yards deep in the endzone to the 24 are you credited with a 26 yard return or a 24 yard return? This time I am asking for myself.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you return the ball from 2 yards deep in the endzone to the 24 are you credited with a 26 yard return or a 24 yard return? This time I am asking for myself.

Honestly I'd have to research which that source is quoting.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, you can official tally a 109yd INT return so I would think so.

....and out of curiousity I looked up longest punt returns. What in carnation was going through Robert Bailey's head when he fielded this 3yds deep in the end zone:

Reaction score

Randall Cobb holds a franchise record for a 108 yard KR in his Rookie season.
The NFL record KR is 109 yards.

Reaction score
I agree. We are the 10th best defense in the league!
Hopefully we’ll keep that total down against KC. If we do I could see us still finishing in that top 8 area. We really don’t play any scary Offenses going forward. Even Josh Dobbs was problematic for MN last week.