1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

James Starks and Eddie Lacy look to coexist in Packers' backfield

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by News Bot, Oct 24, 2013.

1. News Bot

News Bot News Bot

Ratings:
    +41 / 3 / -2
    Source: JSOnline.com
  2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
  3. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70 / 1 / -0
    I thought Lacy has been doing "ok" in pass protection?
  4. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110 / 14 / -1
    Yeah I didn't notice Lacy having a problem on 3rd down. Hell we need him on 3rd down. If its 3rd and short lacy should be in imo.
  5. bubba

bubba Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31 / 11 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Heres a thought. Might the Packers try to showcase Starks tonight in a possible trade scenario. Most suredly he wont be with the team next year. A lot of teams looking for a Quality running back right now.
  6. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +230 / 25 / -3
    Packer Fan Since:
    This will make Kitten's day.
  7. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 49 / -33
    I don’t think the Packers would showcase Starks; there’s plenty of tape on him already for anyone interested. If a team is interested the only question would be Starks’ health and passing a physical would no doubt be a condition of a trade. Also my guess is the Packers want to have both Starks and Lacy available throughout the playoffs; they’re similar in style and either can ‘carry the load’. Franklin is a different kind of back – in spite of his one great game I don’t think they look at him as being capable of carrying the load. If they traded Starks, they’d probably have to promote Michael Hill, a rookie and where would they be if Lacy got hurt?

Lacy was the guest this week on McCarthy’s TV show and during the chalk talk segment Larry McCarren showed a play in which Lacy not only picked up a blitz but put the LB on the turf. Lacy admitted he had screwed up some blitz pickups in earlier games but he’s definitely getting better at it, as McCarren noted.

In addition to the quote posted by LTF from that story are these:
    So Lacy is the “main man” and will get the “majority of the plays” even though they will run the no-huddle most of the time.
  8. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    I'm ok with Starks taking some snaps. It would keep Lacy fresher. They are both physical runners and can take turns banging on a defense .