It's Almost Over- waiting on players

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, the owners have voted yes. Now it is the players turn. Football is right around the corner fellow cheeseheads!

OP
OP
cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The owners voted unanimously for the new CBA, 31-0. The only person who abstained was Al Davis, as shown here:

The vote was 31-0 in favor with the Oakland Raiders' Al Davis abstaining.
Source: NFL Owners Approve Collective Bargaining Agreement - WBAY-TV Green Bay-Fox Cities-Northeast Wisconsin News

Then again, what has Davis done that wasn't unbelievably stupid?

I'm just as excited as everyone else here, knowing for sure there will be a season. GO PACK GO! :happy0005:

EDIT: NOOOOOOOO!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/21/report-players-unlikely-to-vote-thursday-night/

I guess it's back to baseball for me.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully it's over tomorrow. I love that it is a 10 year term, no more of this crap for an entire decade.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Complete BS.

They've had months to hammer this all out and all they've done is play chicken.

Like Justin Tuck said a few months ago......Millionaires fighting with Billionaires.....it's ridiculous.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's been some talk that all this "owners lowballed us" is just pr so that DeMaurice looks like a hero when he gets the players to sign the CBA in time...

They've reportedly spent hours on the phone yesterday, really doubt that a possible change in the deal wouldn't have come up.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im back!

My first thought is that why would De forward this to players knowing that they wouldnt accept this contract? He had former and current players by his side, no way he will put up an unfair contract I believe.

With that being said, I think the hold up is the players and NFLPA looking over this contract which I heard was around 400 pages. I dont blame them for wanting to read and understand each and every letter that is going to dictate their lives for the next 10 years.

I dont see anything happening over the weekend.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't De at the bargaining table? The union is acting like the owners stuck them with a 600 page doc of all new stuff. Somebody's dragging their feet here.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't De at the bargaining table? The union is acting like the owners stuck them with a 600 page doc of all new stuff. Somebody's dragging their feet here.

yes, he was. And I heard its 400+ pages. Most of the team reps want to know the ins and outs of everything before they vote. So de has to explain it to them/ have them read it themselves