Is anyone else sick of seeing the Patriots in the superbowl?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I just feel like it is getting so old. They can't win a Superbowl without the opposing coach making a massively poor decision that ultimately costs their team the superbowl. Nothing against the best coach and QB duo of all time, but the AFC really needs to step up its game and give the Patriots some competition. I think that the Giants, Cowboys, Packers, Seattle and Atlanta could have all beaten the Patriots in the superbowl. Obviously Atlanta should have. And the NFL shoulder have given the MVP trophy to Dan Quinn.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Any team sick of it should do something about it, like win one themselves.
Absolutely! I am talking about us fans of the sport though. Unfortunately I do not play for any team, nor would my athletic ability provide any team with a skill set for football. Wish I did though. First female NFL player. Damn, would it be awesome to get paid millions of dollars to play a sport. I do not feel bad for the players, I feel bad for us fans!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Absolutely! I am talking about us fans of the sport though. Unfortunately I do not play for any team, nor would my athletic ability provide any team with a skill set for football. Wish I did though. First female NFL player. Damn, would it be awesome to get paid millions of dollars to play a sport. I do not feel bad for the players, I feel bad for us fans!

I`m sure you would be an asset to any team. ALL the other teams players would want to tackle you, leaving all the other players free and open to run or receive the pass. Unfortunately it would just the one play. :D

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until the Patriots won yesterday, yes I was sick of them winning it so much.

As a Packer fan, I was hoping Rodgers would be able to catch Brady as the greatest ever.

If Rodgers had two more SBs, even if Brady had four, they would be neck and neck for greatest ever.

Now that Brady has five and there is no way Rodgers will catch Brady as the greatest, I'll sit back and enjoy the greatness of Brady whenever he plays instead of rooting against him.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until the Patriots won yesterday, yes I was sick of them winning it so much.

As a Packer fan, I was hoping Rodgers would be able to catch Brady as the greatest ever.

If Rodgers had two more SBs, even if Brady had four, they would be neck and neck for greatest ever.

Now that Brady has five and there is no way Rodgers will catch Brady as the greatest, I'll sit back and enjoy the greatness of Brady whenever he plays instead of rooting against him.
I don't get why people judge the greatness of QBs solely by the number of SB rings they have. I believe that is only a tiny fraction of what makes them great, besides, SB wins are more of a team thing than an individual one...I already think AR is better than Brady, but unfortunately people won't see him that way because he only has one SB ring...

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely! Living in New England makes it even worse. The Pats fans around here are absolutely unbearable. I called this win exactly as it happened weeks ago and again after the first quarter. I had a strong feeling that this was going to be set up as the greatest comeback in the history of the Super Bowl and it would cement TB as the unquestioned greatest quarterback of all time. It was so perfect I felt like I was watching wrestling.

Whatever, I'm over it and I just want us to focus on getting Aaron at least one more ring. We've had two great quarterbacks in a row just like the 49ers. We've should have had a dynasty by now just like the 9ers, Cowboys, and Pats, but I'll be ok with another Super Bowl.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get why people judge the greatness of QBs solely by the number of SB rings they have. I believe that is only a tiny fraction of what makes them great, besides, SB wins are more of a team thing than an individual one...I already think AR is better than Brady, but unfortunately people won't see him that way because he only has one SB ring...

I wonder if you would feel that way if you were a Patriots fan? Something tells me you wouldn't.

The haters are going to make all kinds of excuses why Brady didn't win the game last night but its all just a way of trying to justify to themselves that he is not the GOAT or at least in the top 2 (and I'm sorry, Rodgers doesn't make the top 5)

Its OK to not like the guy but to try to say he is not an incredible QB just shows your bias. I'd take Brady over Rodgers any day and I think Rodgers is a great QB.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sick of seeing the Patriots there but I certainly won't deny that they deserve it.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Brady also has the numbers. He's 4th all time in yards and TDs.

I'll agree at their best, Rodgers is a better QB. He makes plays Brady cannot.

As far as careers go though, Brady has had the best one ever.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Be interesting to see your list of criteria and a list of your great QBs. On the one hand, there's always the argument about QBs vs passers, and the Marino situation, but I'm really wondering how other factors enter into one's determination of greatness at the position.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure, just like everyone else was sick of the Packers in the '60s.

BLASPHEMER!!!!! BE GONE WITH YOU SATAN!!!!!

Just kidding...a little. Your point is well taken though. Other than fans of the team I think everyone gets tired of seeing the same thing year in and year out. I used to hate the Steelers, and then the 49ers and cowboys. Now I kinda like the Steelers and I can tolerate 49ers (as long as they are in this shape anyway) but I still hate the cowboys. I don't really mind the Patriots but I certainly would like to see someone else for a change.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Fortunately, misery loves company and every year there are 31 fan bases left without a SB win. This year, the Falcon Fans are no doubt the most miserable. ;) My hats off to Belichick and the Patriots, once again he has proven why he will probably go down as THE best to have coached the game (so far). No offense to Vince, but football today is a much different animal than it was 50 years ago.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if you would feel that way if you were a Patriots fan? Something tells me you wouldn't.

The haters are going to make all kinds of excuses why Brady didn't win the game last night but its all just a way of trying to justify to themselves that he is not the GOAT or at least in the top 2 (and I'm sorry, Rodgers doesn't make the top 5)

Its OK to not like the guy but to try to say he is not an incredible QB just shows your bias. I'd take Brady over Rodgers any day and I think Rodgers is a great QB.
I was actually with you until you said you would take Brady over Rodgers.....

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady also has the numbers. He's 4th all time in yards and TDs.

I'll agree at their best, Rodgers is a better QB. He makes plays Brady cannot.

As far as careers go though, Brady has had the best one ever.

I wonder if Brady could have won a Super Bowl if he were playing under McCarthy. In 2010, I doubt Brady could have made those 2 pinpoint passes in the SB (the 21 yard TD to Jennings, and the 3rd and 10 to Jennings) that Aaron made, so maybe Pittsburgh would have won that one.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they deserve it.

they are a well rounded team that gets the job done behind a great qb. luckily for rod people know about his talents and it's not based solely on how many SB rings. that is how great rod is.

Last edited:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has Rodgers ever thrown a pick 6 in a playoff game, let alone the SB? I give Brady credit for stepping up when the moment called for it, but there's no way GB's defense would have held them after such a critical error in order for Rodgers to bring them back.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes I am, but I'm more sick of not seeing the Packers there when they should've been there AT LEAST two more times since 2010.

Viper556

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, not sick of it at all. I'd love to see the Packers vs. the Patriots in the SB though. That would be epic, Brady vs. Rodgers.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why's that such a crazy statement though?
Because there is a difference between agreeing that Brady is a great QB and thinking he is better than Rodgers. I do not believe for one second that Brady would have 5 rings if he had played anywhere else. I give him credit for being great.... but so was Manning, Montana, Favre, Marino, Unitas, Starr, etc... ad nauseum. If you want to anoint him GOAT because of the rings... fine, but we will never know what he would have accomplished if he played in Green Bay for his instance.... But my opinion... he is not better than Rodgers.