"Inverted" Jerseys

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They've been in madden for as long as I can remember and I've always loved them. Thought that would have been our color rush jersey but we stuck with the all white.. not sure where these originated?

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regular green
Away white
Color Rush White
Throwback Blue/Gold

and now this.

NFL pulling all stops to make more merchandise money.

Like the design though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like their uniforms to be their uniforms. I don't need a new identity every week. I don't mind the throwbacks, as it's a part of history. It recognizes a time period and connects past to present. Color rush can take a flying leap, they aren't our uniforms. I don't dislike it, but I'd rather they not be worn for games, because it's not our identity. For Fans? heck yeah, buy and wear what you want. I have black, white, green, inverted, extroverted,oops I farted all sorts of packer colored clothes. Wear what you like and sport the colors, but the team should be wearing a "uniform" and the Packers don't need gimmicks to sell stuff.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought that would have been our color rush jersey but we stuck with the all white.. not sure where these originated?
If it were up to me, the Packers color rush uniforms would definitely be gold instead of white. I still think the all white ones are deadly dull, though apparently a lot of people like them.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember when Holmgren wanted to change the uniform colors from gold/yellow and green to some kind of Notre Dame colors...horrible imo. We would start looking like too many other teams. I like our colors too much to ever change them. (except for the occasional thing)

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember when Holmgren wanted to change the uniform colors from gold/yellow and green to some kind of Notre Dame colors...horrible imo.
That was Wolf, wasn't it? He wanted to keep the green but change the gold to a more literal gold color (kind of like the 49ers). I think it would have been okay, wouldn't even mind it if they do it at some point in the future. But I prefer our classic look uniforms nonetheless.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was Wolf, wasn't it? He wanted to keep the green but change the gold to a more literal gold color (kind of like the 49ers). I think it would have been okay, wouldn't even mind it if they do it at some point in the future. But I prefer our classic look uniforms nonetheless.
If you prefer why say it would be OK? I would not like it. These other people wanting to change things have not been Packer fans all their lives. It is so unique...what we have. I love to turn on the tv and see our uniforms.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen these colors used before in the cheap knockoffs. This is an "official NFL product" which is why it is different. I always wondered why the team didn't select this color for their third jersey for when they play say Miami in September. Miami / Tampa/ Arizona takes the home white which puts the opposition in some dark color to absorb the sun. Select these as your road color in such situations.

D

Deleted member 6794

I remember when Holmgren wanted to change the uniform colors from gold/yellow and green to some kind of Notre Dame colors...horrible imo. We would start looking like too many other teams. I like our colors too much to ever change them. (except for the occasional thing)

The Packers actually played in navy blue uniforms for a long time during the early days of the franchise because Curly Lambeau was a huge Fighting Irish fan.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers actually played in navy blue uniforms for a long time during the early days of the franchise because Curly Lambeau was a huge Fighting Irish fan.
Yeah, but not in my lifetime. Love the Packer colors. Love to see them on TV. Would be unhappy with a big change.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah, but not in my lifetime. Love the Packer colors. Love to see them on TV. Would be unhappy with a big change.

I definitely agree with your opinion. There are probably not a lot of people alive anymore who have seen the Packers primarily play in navy blue.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a change to our away jersey (even a inverted Gold/Green one). We already have a color rush white.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
A question I have always had on the color of uniforms, and never read anything about it, dose it serve as "camouflage" at all? Meaning do the Packer players at home, blend in more with the grass and harder to see? This can be an advantage and a disadvantage. Do white jersey's tend to blend into the background of the fans in the stands? Would Neon Green be easier for Rodgers to spot WR's as they run down the field, but also easier for opposing QB's to see in the secondary?

These are the questions that keep me up at night. :coffee:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you prefer why say it would be OK? I would not like it. These other people wanting to change things have not been Packer fans all their lives..
Because while I prefer the classic uniforms, I think the other ones have merit also. So while if it were up to me, I'd keep the classic uniforms, it wouldn't change my life if they made a change. And if they were to make a change, I think that uniform would be a good choice.

It's not like we've had these same jerseys (or even the same colors) for the entirety of Packer history. It's mostly just from around the Lombardi era onward. Times change, they're liable to change the uniforms eventually. They've certainly made minor modifications on a fairly regular basis.

I always wondered why the team didn't select this color for their third jersey for when they play say Miami in September. Miami / Tampa/ Arizona takes the home white which puts the opposition in some dark color to absorb the sun. Select these as your road color in such situations.
They'd be smart to have an alternative gold jersey to wear for the warm weather games. I've watched the Packers fade in the sun enough times. Even the Bears have an alternate orange jersey.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A question I have always had on the color of uniforms, and never read anything about it, dose it serve as "camouflage" at all? Meaning do the Packer players at home, blend in more with the grass and harder to see? This can be an advantage and a disadvantage. Do white jersey's tend to blend into the background of the fans in the stands? Would Neon Green be easier for Rodgers to spot WR's as they run down the field, but also easier for opposing QB's to see in the secondary?

These are the questions that keep me up at night. :coffee:

Perhaps we should light them up...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't mind a change to our away jersey (even a inverted Gold/Green one). We already have a color rush white.

I would definitely prefer the Packers to use a gold color rush uniform.

Latest posts