I'm sorry, but I really do feel bad for Aaron Rodgers

Reaction score
Guys its not just on defense but Arod should have at least 1 elite wr to throw too on offense. All top QBs have something elite to throw it too rather its aTE, RB or a WR. This team talent level on offense and defense is mediocre to below average what im saying.
We all know who is responsible for acquiring talent (or rather who lacks) We have continually missed in the draft, at Defense in particular, and it has cost us to lose some tremendous Offensive picks in round 1. Then to boot we often refuse to use FA as a tool to reinforce said talent with veteran players. So both sides of the ball have suffered.
This is unacceptable and doing the same thing will produce similar results

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys its not just on defense but Arod should have at least 1 elite wr to throw too on offense. All top QBs have something elite to throw it too rather its aTE, RB or a WR. This team talent level on offense and defense is mediocre to below average what im saying is you guys might point out jordy as elite but jordy is not elite he is above average.
97 receptions, 1250 yards, led the league with 14 td's, first year back after acl surgery. Ya, he is just above average. If he is not elite than Antonio brown and Julio jones are the only 2 elite wr's in the league

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
97 receptions, 1250 yards, led the league with 14 td's, first year back after acl surgery. Ya, he is just above average. If he is not elite than Antonio brown and Julio jones are the only 2 elite wr's in the league
Could you imagine aaron with an antonio brown or a julio jones, i can see a easy 2000 yard season with rodgers throwing to them. Like lets be honest jordy isnt neither one of them. Im not saying jordy sucks by a long shot but give rodgers a gronk a AB or Julio come on man.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could you imagine aaron with an antonio brown or a julio jones, i can see a easy 2000 yard season with rodgers throwing to them. Like lets be honest jordy isnt neither one of them. Im not saying jordy sucks by a long shot but give rodgers a gronk a AB or Julio come on man.
I totally understand what you're saying but to use the phrase above average to define Jordy Nelson is honestly just a bit silly. Yes he is not one of the top three receiving threats in the entire NFL but he's easily one of the top 10 receiving threats in the NFL and that quantifies him as much better than above average is all that I am saying.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I totally understand what you're saying but to use the phrase above average to define Jordy Nelson is honestly just a bit silly. Yes he is not one of the top three receiving threats in the entire NFL but he's easily one of the top 10 receiving threats in the NFL and that quantifies him as much better than above average is all that I am saying.
Ageeed. I'd say top 10 is a fair.
although I think we've seen plenty of evidence to show that a 1,250 yard 14TD receiver with Aaron is a 950 yard 8 TD receiver in an average Offense (wiki James Jones or Jennings career stats)
At the end of the day it's not our passing game im concerned with. We need to focus on Our Defensive strategy and player acquisition at every aspect. That was another complete dismantling and we cannot afford to lose focus again this year or assume the status quo of this style of play or we are in for a long painful season again next year

Last edited:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Ted, Mike and Aaron get 100% praise from us for the wins, they get 100% credit for the blowout. Ted has kept this team at the "very good team" level for the past 5 years, with 0 upward movement. We are a very good team, but we've had 2 HOF QBs over the last 25 years, only missed the playoffs what 4 times, and we have only 2 Superbowls to show for it. We need an upward move in the organizational philosophy department. We need to figure out the difference between US and New England and make that change, and I completely agree that at the very least Ted has to be forced out to accomplish this, and maybe within the next 2 years Mike and Aaron as well.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Ted, Mike and Aaron get 100% praise from us for the wins, they get 100% credit for the blowout. Ted has kept this team at the "very good team" level for the past 5 years, with 0 upward movement. We are a very good team, but we've had 2 HOF QBs over the last 25 years, only missed the playoffs what 4 times, and we have only 2 Superbowls to show for it. We need an upward move in the organizational philosophy department. We need to figure out the difference between US and New England and make that change, and I completely agree that at the very least Ted has to be forced out to accomplish this, and maybe within the next 2 years Mike and Aaron as well.
Force Aaron out? Is that a joke?

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Antonio Brown and Julio Jones are once-in-a-lifetime talents...Jordy coming off of a major knee injury and doing what he did this year? He's as good as they get in the NFL..maybe not in the Brown-Jones stratosphere but as good as anyone else in the league which makes him elite in my mind.Let's not panic yet...we were one game from the Super Bowl(albeit not close) As of right now we are 8 million dollars below the salary cap with most likely some major contracts leaving like Shields and Peppers and some others leaving in free agency...that being said,we MUST delve into free agency if we ever expect AR to get us another Super Bowl...when you have gunners off the punt coverage team playing major roles in your defense then something is terribly wrong...proud of this team for sticking together and making a run..amazing when you think that this was their 9th MUST WIN game in a row

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta and Dallas both have better teams going forward. Green Bay has got to REALLY make a move to stay in the mix. It only takes a player or two. Atlanta went from the second worst D in the league to what we saw today in 2 years. It CAN be done but I'm not sure TT has what it takes. Had this team not gotten very lucky (and taken advantage) for Arods loan SB would people be so enamored with TT and MM?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again I am seeing a whole of lot blaming TT, but not a single mention or Rodgers' playoff struggles or the Seattle meltdown.

The Packers had the best team in the league both in 2011 and 2014.

It's not TTs fault Rodgers and the offense were awful vs the Giants and the whole team tanked the last 4 minutes at Seattle.

Both of those teams were more than good enough to win it all, but didn't put it together come playoff time.

Last season, the defense was actually alright, 12th is points and 15 in yards.

Holding Arizona to 20 points in regulation was about 10 points less than their average. It was Rodgers and the offense that allowed the overtime. Only 13 points up until the last play of the game doesn't cut it come playoff time.

Him playing so poorly to end last year squandered a time when the defense wasn't actually bad.

Also, Rodgers playing so poorly to start this season is a big reason the Packers had to go to Atlanta rather than play at Lambeau.

Don't get me wrong, Rodgers is awesome, but it's clearly not all on Thompson he doesn't have another ring.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys its not just on defense but Arod should have at least 1 elite wr to throw too on offense. All top QBs have something elite to throw it too rather its aTE, RB or a WR. This team talent level on offense and defense is mediocre to below average what im saying is you guys might point out jordy as elite but jordy is not elite he is above average. Aaron has no run game no one that can take it to the house on any given play. Lets not talk about the Defense and the projects that TT has been allowed to play with. Year after Year this defense is bad like i said this team has been riding on the back of aaron rodgers for years and now it time for something to be done. If MM cant do what it takes to start cutting people on his coaching staff and this training staff cause injuries are a problem every year for this packer team, I think MM needs to be gone right with his ship. This team needs a change of identity no teams are afraid of us anymore this team plays so soft year after year. I am tired of seeing the same excuses for this team.

The offense had one of the best lines in the league, is above average at WR and TE, and decent at RB. A lot better at RB before Lacy went down too.

The rest of the offense around Rodgers is clearly better medicore.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense had one of the best lines in the league, is above average at WR and TE, and decent at RB. A lot better at RB before Lacy went down too.

The rest of the offense around Rodgers is clearly better medicore.
I think we have one of the best Olines in the league. Aaron makes these recievers above mediocre. You think he has to by time because these receivers are elite or do you think he have to by time because hes waiting for them to open up? Alot of the time these receivers not getting open in the first 2-3 seconds its taking 5-9 seconds. Im not saying they suck but aaron is carrying so much on his back and I dont think a lot of people see it. Did you see julio today on those crucial 3rd downs on the quick slants? Im sorry aaron doesnt have that who on the packers can get you that 3 and 7 everytime with out aaron having to scramble or create time?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we have one of the best Olines in the league. Aaron makes these recievers above mediocre. You think he has to by time because these receivers are elite or do you think he have to by time because hes waiting for them to open up? Alot of the time these receivers not getting open in the first 2-3 seconds its taking 5-9 seconds. Im not saying they suck but aaron is carrying so much on his back and I dont think a lot of people see it. Did you see julio today on those crucial 3rd downs on the quick slants? Im sorry aaron doesnt have that who on the packers can get you that 3 and 7 everytime with out aaron having to scramble or create time?

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Jordy, Cobb, Adams and Cook easily look like an above average group to me.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll have to agree to disagree.

Jordy, Cobb, Adams and Cook easily look like an above average group to me.
we thought the same thing about greg jennings and james jones the moment they left the packers what happened to their career, and gregg was the best out of all the receivers. Cook has been the difference in this offense.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we thought the same thing about greg jennings and james jones the moment they left the packers what happened to their career, and gregg was the best out of all the receivers. Cook has been the difference in this offense.

James Jones actually had more catches his one year in Oakland than any year in Green Bay.

He wasn't a great player for them, but better than average.