If no one else will say it I will

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO that was an entire TEAM loss: Players and coaches. IMO it's almost impossible for anyone outside the team to know and I think that’s usually the case regarding the coordinator on the same side of the ball as the HC. How much input does the Bears' DC have on Lovie's D? How much responsibility did Tom Rossley have regarding Mike Sherman's offense? We can find out what Philbin does during the week and games but IMO we just don't know how much impact he has on the offense.
Enough to get a head coaching job.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
except Rodgers team did not cheat

True...but if you look at what Belichick actually did (following the letter of a published rule but ignoring a subsequent memo from the League, as I understand it), it's very hard to understand what on earth he was thinking. What did he get out of it other than a fat fine and a black mark on his organization?

In any case, being reprimanded/turning over taped materials hasn't resulted in them turning into losers, exactly.

And I blame the coach, not Brady...you know?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. A quarterback has more to worry about during game weeks than where the coaches got their scouting information.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1st of all, I blame both O and D for this loss.
Both parts of the Packers looked bad out there and let's face it. The Giants simply outplayed them.

2nd, you raise a good point.
It seems like from hearing Mike that they were adapting and making changes without Philbin being there.
Mike should have had him sit out.

I don't blame our D at all. I pin the loss squarely on the offense. Our defense did more than enough to keep us in the game whereas our offense didn't capitalize on the opportunities they were presented with.

Remember, the defense didn't surrender a single first down to the Giants in the whole 3rd quarter. That alone should have led to the Packers taking the lead, but nope, they didn't. Sorry, this loss is on offense all the way.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't blame our D at all. I pin the loss squarely on the offense. Our defense did more than enough to keep us in the game whereas our offense didn't capitalize on the opportunities they were presented with.

Remember, the defense didn't surrender a single first down to the Giants in the whole 3rd quarter. That alone should have led to the Packers taking the lead, but nope, they didn't. Sorry, this loss is on offense all the way.
I no longer give credit to the Giants after watching how close a better team, the 49ers, almost beat them.
Packers beat themselves and I blame both offense and defense.
Defense for not doing so good and offense for not having themselves in the game and not outscoring.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts